• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still use wondertrade and GTS for this gen?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If I'm doing a small breeding run to get bank ball individuals then anything with 3 or more perfect iv get WT.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The GTS broke because of some hacker and Nintendo apparently doesn’t care enough to fix it.

Wonder Trade and normal trade are working normally, tho.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The GTS broke because of some hacker and Nintendo apparently doesn’t care enough to fix it.

Wonder Trade and normal trade are working normally, tho.
Yeah it crashes a lot and most people stuck watching those pokemons that can't be traded...like a museum. X version and Omega Ruby have this too. Best thing to do is to find trustworthy people.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
XY/ORAS GTS is working fine, tho. Yeah, there's a lot of hacked things there and a lot of noobs offering common/underleveled 'mons for legends, but, there's something nice here and there. I got a perfect IV hawlucha just recently.

SMUSUM lost a half of the fun after the GTS crashed.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
XY/ORAS GTS is working fine, tho. Yeah, there's a lot of hacked things there and a lot of noobs offering common/underleveled 'mons for legends, but, there's something nice here and there. I got a perfect IV hawlucha just recently.

SMUSUM lost a half of the fun after the GTS crashed.
What happened to SMUSUM that caused the GTS to crash?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Apparently some moron hacker putted a hacked shiny mareep on it and that somewhat wrecked with the system. I don't know more than that, but it's sincerely a shame nintendo did nothing to deal with that and just moved on to SwSh.
That's horrible. They ruined the games for anyone who might only have one game and need to finish their dex and have no one else to trade with.

Just read a bit more about it via Reddit and it ticks me off. I hate people who ruin things for everyone else.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Apparently some moron hacker putted a hacked shiny mareep on it and that somewhat wrecked with the system. I don't know more than that, but it's sincerely a shame nintendo did nothing to deal with that and just moved on to SwSh.
And they don't have moderators to monitor the system. The hackers are to good at bypassing the system if Game Freak tries to patch it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I never used GTS, as I was always wary of it to begin with. I'd even often see Pokemon on there with obscene nicknames that were quite obviously hacked, and I wasn't willing to destroy my save file in case they contained bad code, or something. As for Wonder Trade, when I did play Gen VII, I did actually use it, but probably wouldn't care to if I picked the games up today.

Pedecola

I used GTS a lot on ORAS, that helped me achieve my living dex. But I did wrong when i transferred them to S/M. Now I'm on it again for ORAS (did play the latest games but meh... they aren't as good as ORAS. Obviously i'm playing just for fun and trying to complete the dex again. For the legends I'm missing I'm throwing some legit legends I caught my on my own, it's working. Not at the speed I wanted but it is working. As for the wonder trade yes, I too used a lot to send pretty magikarps to many lost souls, got some interesting pokes (maybe hacked ones...). If anyone has a spare celebi, I would be very happy if it can be mine. If there is a group for trading pokes for Gen 6 too I would be glad to hear from and be part of. Thanks in advance!

Pokefan_1987

Still use it. Got a shiny Eevee>Flareon and a regular Machoke with No Guard ability (not holding a everstone... finally unlocking Machamp's pokedex entry)