• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still use your Starter?

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
For Heart Gold I dumped Meganium and the PC and got me a nice Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbusaur, then evolved them into Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur to incorporate in my team. (Yes you can get all three starters from Professor Oak its a glitch)

Kalosian

So long
In D/P/P, I use a starter in all of my teams, but it is not the starter I recieved at the beginning of the game.
In HG/SS, I still use the starter I recieved at the beginning of the game on my teams.

ebevan91

I always have my starter with me, and it tends to be the highest leveled Pokemon on on my team.

SuperEpicRock

I have my starter with me all throughout the actual storyline, but once I finish everything there is to do in the story, I dump it on the PC and use ev'd pokes.

Chuck$$$

Inactive
I traded my starter for a zorua D: D: D:

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
In platinum, I still use the starter of my first save file (Torterra). When I restarted, i picked Piplup, but it was inly in my team for a short while. It's still a Prinplup. I picked Totodile in SS. I had it in my team until I captured Lugia I think.

Aegon

Platinum is the only game in which I no longer use my starter. I used all three starters in that game, so I guess I didn't feel attached to one in particular, which made it easier to replace them post-game.
(Yes you can get all three starters from Professor Oak its a glitch)
No, you can't.

Oceanuis

Swampert Trainer
i know i Do, swampert is an awesome pokemon, i was sad when i lost my original/ had it my original stolen.

Oceanuis

Swampert Trainer
also my emopoleon.
water pokemon are amazing

I kept my starter and evolved it into a typhlosion. But i have traded a starter in platinum,i traded empoleon for a torterra ! Totally worth it !

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I always use my starter pokemon. For some reason I find the starter to be special in a sense.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Most of the starters are usable, so I still use my Inferape. Most of the time, though, I replace them with something with a little more power.

ebevan91

I just benched my Emboar and took Charizard out of the PC.

I now have all 3 gen 1 starters in my White party.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Yes. To me, starter Pokemon make up the backbone of the story itself. Such as Ash and his Pikachu.

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
Shiny Shinx is my starter.
I've got about 5 of them. (Pokeradar FTW).
In other words, no. I only use the original 3 and Typlosion.

Last edited:

Entreri10

I almost always keep my starter with me throughout. (but it helps that my two favorite starters are Totodile and Turtwig)