• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you still use your Starter?

Missingno
Yeah, I keep my starters until my first team hits about level 60 and significantly slows down leveling. Then I make a new team and find a different starter pokemon from a different generation.
I'm planning on restarting my Pokemon white, and it may be the first time my starter sees the box before the E4, but I don't know yet.

WastingLight

I always use my starter, it is always the strongest pokemon on my team.

Spacial

procrastination
Course I do!! Infernape lv 100, my very first pokemon. My brother doesn't though, cos I told him to trade me his piplup and I wud give him a staravia and he AGREED!!! XD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Torterra had Calm nature.. So I breed her and got a new one with a better nature and Superpower as an egg move.
Even though he's not at lv. 100 yet, I still use him.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
yes, i used to not use it until i realised that my feraligatr was better than my scizor, now it is part of my ultimate team

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
Yup yup, I still use my starter :3 I didn't use a starter when I played diamond until I realize that my empoleon was pretty much stronger than what I had been using~

GoldenGengar

Gengar Forever <3
Of course Ill never dump my very first pokemon, besides I cherish and love my starter :) .
Any ways it just doesn't seem right to get rid of your Starter.

i use my starters all of them all but the 3rd gen 1s are at 100

speaking of could some1 breed me a turtwig and a chimchar? XD

blackmeadow

Coolio Julio
In Diamond I always dumped my team after the elite four and just trained up one main Pokemon at a time for some reason. So yeah, my starter is sitting in my box at lever 50 something.

ebevan91

I never get rid of my starter.

It stays with me throughout the entire game, until I'm ready to restart.

HydroSwampert

I've always kept using my Starter on my 4th Generation Pokemon Games , and all of mine! I plan to keep on too! I don't know how you can stop using your Starter Pokemon , especially if you played through the entire Game with them, or if it is your first time through that Game . Any way, though, I still don't see how you can not use your Starter ! I love all of my Pokemon , but especially my Starter Pokemon in each Game , since he's/she's my first Pokemon in that Game ! I'll use my Starter for all of my Games forever, or at least until a transfer them to another Game and restart that Game that I just transfered most of my Pokemon to another Game ! I think that you know what I mean, though! :p

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Yes, I actually use starters very often in teams. It could be the one I started the game with, or a different one I train post game. They usually get to level 100 first.

Summer of the Vulpix

Go with the Flow
not much now since he's at level 100 and I'm trying to level up others.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
Yep, I tend to get attached to my starters in general. That, and it's usually at a fairly high level by the time I get to the E4, so it's a very good asset.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Well I don't, starters are always my powerhouses. There are times when I beat the Elite Four the first time just using my starter and some others, but not my whole team.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I always keep my starter on my team, even when I'm raising new Pokémon. There's just something wrong about dumping your starter into the PC. This is the Pokémon that you've had from the very beginning, and is your best buddy, if not the powerhouse. It could be because Pikachu from Yellow didn't like you putting it in the PC, and that stuck with me, but there's just a connection between you and your starter. I can never get rid of it for that reason.