1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you talk to your pets?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by poix_the_yak, Aug 25, 2012.

?

Do you?

1. Yes

84.1%
  2. No

3.4%
  3. No but only because they are fish

4.5%
  4. I have no pets :(

8.0%
  1. poix_the_yak

poix_the_yak I stay noided

Yes or no? I do. Even when people are listening.

2. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

When I'm alone that is

3. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

Sometimes I'll lock my dog in my room with me. I'll talk to her occasionly if I'm really pissed or just need to let some stuff out that I wouldn't tell a person.

4. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

When nobody is around.

5. Indigoodra

Indigoodra Well-Known Member

yes

even but not exclusively when other people are around

6. SmeargleRocks

SmeargleRocks Reputable Trader

Whenever I am near them I talk to them saying, I have dinner, hi how are you, I will be right back with a treat/dinner or to pick them up my guinea pigs love me :)

7. dd1zzle

dd1zzle Well-Known Member

If you don't............YOU'RE IMMORAL!

8. Spookz

Spookz Lumos

All the time. I live alone with my rabbits so they're the only other creatures I have to talk to really.

9. ManhattanTheStarr

ManhattanTheStarr Well-Known Member

Always. Regardless of who's around.

10. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

How do I talk to fishes? xD nya~

11. greatguy

greatguy Back.

I tell her she's a good or bad dog, tell her she's pretty, tell her to get off the couch, tell her to get out of the doorway, tell her not to bark...

12. The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm I went to jared

I am super polite to my dogs. If I step on a paw or knock into them when walking I always say sorry. I also tell them all about things. Talking with animals is a good relaxation technique.

13. Ferrin

Ferrin Easily Lost

my grandma's parrots are really fun to talk to the only things they say is "stop it!" "achoo!" and "hello." they screech so much too it hurts. my grandparents and uncle and aunt live in the mountains, in a small town. and they drive on fourwheelers and hunt i want to be just like them

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  14. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Yeah. I don't have a one-sided conversation to get things off my chest, but I will say things to the cats from time-to-time. I tell them pretty much everyday how cute and fluffy they are (well, the one's fluffy), and that I love them very much. I tend to tease the one cat for being fat, but tell her I love her anyway. It was the same with my hamster when I had her as a kid.

15. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

I talk to my pets everyday, even with everyone around.

16. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I say, "Hi, Kitty!!" whenever I see my cat. (We named him Kitty. Aren't we creative?)

17. Sawk

Sawk Active Member

No only because it's a fish

18. Silver Bolt

Silver Bolt Undying flames

Yeah. I had a full conversation with my dog once and it was better than talking to most people. He even told me he'd like to do it again.

Ok, ok. I don't hold full conversations, but I sometimes do talk to my pets. When I'm extremely bored because I can't sleep during the day.

19. pitty_pat

pitty_pat passionate nerd

I have one sided venting sessions with my lizards sometimes, and their complete obliviousness is a nice reminder of the triviality of my current problems in the grand scheme of things. I also root them on when they're hunting crickets and try and then congratulate them on their hunting skills. My dog just gets the usual baby talk, my dear lizards get most of the personal, from the heart, things.
    I'm a really cool kid.

20. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

Yeah I always do. XD I tell my cat that she's "the best cat ever" and try to console her by saying "Are those mean dogs after you again?" xD And then when she comes into my room she'll do a "PRRR" noise (not quite like a normal purr) and I'll go "HIII~" and she'll do it again. x) I talk to my dogs too..like "Hi Jenna!~ Do you want to play?" or "You're a good girl/boy." (I have three dogs, and tbh I can't think of exactly what I tell them. I just say some random things. I normally tell them "Hi guys!"

If I get upset I normally go sulk in my room and my cat comes in I'll tell her that I'm sad, and why. Then I'll thank her for being there. ^^;

So yeah, I talk to my pets all the time.

Oh yeah, I communicate with my bird a lot. He'll say some random stuff and continue to talk. xDDD (but it's more like a copy and repeat sort of thing)