• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you talk to your pets?

Do you?

• Total voters

Kaiserin

please wake up...
...It's funny. I can't stand baby-talking little kids, maybe because I was never spoken to that way myself. But I am constantly cooing and making baby noises at my cats, at least one of whom is smart enough to identify words that mean things to her (her name, "treat," "food," "play"... yeah, ten years old and she's gonna be a kitten forever).

And honestly? No shame whatsoever. I'd sooner talk silly to my cats than to a human child who will grow up with that in their heads. :S

Rave

Banned
no i don't anthropomorphize my pets and talk to them

Yeah, my cats seem to like it if I talk to them. They don't understand what I say of course, but I guess they know it's against them and they like that. They often reply with meows.

I also talk to my turtle sometimes but I'm sure he doesn't appreciates it.

Yes I do. It doesn't matter if people are around. It's not like I'm having a deep conversation with him. :p I just say things like, "Hey buddy, whatcha doin'?" "You wanna play?" "You're a good boy!" etc. Pretty typical stuff.

Many animals like that attention, so much so that it helps in training to a degree.

onichan

When I had a dog I would talk to him on a regular basis. Ha and the faces he would make when I'm talking to him were hilarious!

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I only just got my first pet like a week ago, a Great Dane puppy. I surprised myself with the weird things I do now, and talking to him is definitely one of those things. We have some serious, deep conversations. (;

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
Haha, I talk to my pets all the time. I only have 3 cats, and that's it for me and pets. But if, when I'm playing Pokemon in the middle of the night, one of them comes into my room I blab on to them about how stupid the person I'm battling is. (All in-game people, I don't do online...yet).

~nightsmith97

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Eh, I rarely talk to mine. That's probably because I only had some fish. I have a turtle right now, and I tried talking to it only a few times. Then, I got bored of it and used different kinds of objects to try to get its attention. If I had a dog or a cat, I'd probably talk to it more.

Yes, I do. They probably don't understand a word I'm saying - the cats maybe, but not the rabbit. I still do it regardless.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
Well, I don't have any pets, but knowing me, I would most likely talk to whatever I have.

D

Deleted member 318910

Only when the dog wants our dinner food. I say "Go away. Go away.", and the dog goes away. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Necro101

I do talk to animals. All the days (well almost all) cauz humans are animals. :3 (and some are my pets...JK)
But seriously I talk to my sisters hamster to tell him to shut up aka stop making si much noise in his cage... It doesn't work most of the time...

RAWK ON

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Well they do say a dog is a mans best friend. I talk to my little dog because he don't judge.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
I talk to my dogs a lot. Especially when I'm alone. It's funny to see their reactions, even if they have no idea what I'm saying.

Fatal

Banned
why do you guys keep throwing stupid answers in your polls? that was only 5% funny when I did it. stop it please.

I talk to my dog because that's how I know if he needs something. There is a word I taught him, that when I say it, he gets very excited and I know if he needs to go outside or food/water.