• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you talk to your pets?

Do you?

• Total voters

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Yes or no? I do. Even when people are listening.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Sometimes I'll lock my dog in my room with me. I'll talk to her occasionly if I'm really pissed or just need to let some stuff out that I wouldn't tell a person.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Whenever I am near them I talk to them saying, I have dinner, hi how are you, I will be right back with a treat/dinner or to pick them up my guinea pigs love me :)

Spookz

Lumos
All the time. I live alone with my rabbits so they're the only other creatures I have to talk to really.

I tell her she's a good or bad dog, tell her she's pretty, tell her to get off the couch, tell her to get out of the doorway, tell her not to bark...

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
I am super polite to my dogs. If I step on a paw or knock into them when walking I always say sorry. I also tell them all about things. Talking with animals is a good relaxation technique.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
my grandma's parrots are really fun to talk to the only things they say is "stop it!" "achoo!" and "hello." they screech so much too it hurts. my grandparents and uncle and aunt live in the mountains, in a small town. and they drive on fourwheelers and hunt i want to be just like them

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah. I don't have a one-sided conversation to get things off my chest, but I will say things to the cats from time-to-time. I tell them pretty much everyday how cute and fluffy they are (well, the one's fluffy), and that I love them very much. I tend to tease the one cat for being fat, but tell her I love her anyway. It was the same with my hamster when I had her as a kid.

blackterminator3

I talk to my pets everyday, even with everyone around.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Yeah. I had a full conversation with my dog once and it was better than talking to most people. He even told me he'd like to do it again.

Ok, ok. I don't hold full conversations, but I sometimes do talk to my pets. When I'm extremely bored because I can't sleep during the day.

pitty_pat

passionate nerd
I have one sided venting sessions with my lizards sometimes, and their complete obliviousness is a nice reminder of the triviality of my current problems in the grand scheme of things. I also root them on when they're hunting crickets and try and then congratulate them on their hunting skills. My dog just gets the usual baby talk, my dear lizards get most of the personal, from the heart, things.
I'm a really cool kid.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Yeah I always do. XD I tell my cat that she's "the best cat ever" and try to console her by saying "Are those mean dogs after you again?" xD And then when she comes into my room she'll do a "PRRR" noise (not quite like a normal purr) and I'll go "HIII~" and she'll do it again. x) I talk to my dogs too..like "Hi Jenna!~ Do you want to play?" or "You're a good girl/boy." (I have three dogs, and tbh I can't think of exactly what I tell them. I just say some random things. I normally tell them "Hi guys!"

If I get upset I normally go sulk in my room and my cat comes in I'll tell her that I'm sad, and why. Then I'll thank her for being there. ^^;

So yeah, I talk to my pets all the time.

Oh yeah, I communicate with my bird a lot. He'll say some random stuff and continue to talk. xDDD (but it's more like a copy and repeat sort of thing)