• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Alain defeating ash at the kalos league is rigged?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Drake's Dragonite too. Alan's Mega Charizard X had intense training and kept battling strong Mega Pokémon consistently.
Please don't kid yourself by comparing a Pokemon which defeated an E4 members Mega Evolved Pokemon with a Pokémon that got beating by Ash's Pokémon at the time when it was early days as a trainer. Ash's Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charizard were no where near there full potential at that time and they all got far stronger after that battle as the anime progressed.

@DatsRight wasn't going off topic when we're talking about leagues in general. And besides, the answer was spammed multiple times and we already know the Kalos League wasn't rigged. It's about time we talked about something interesting and worth talking about instead of this stupid old topic over and over again. This isn't more to say that hasn't been said.
Then it is off-topic is this thread obviously because the subject of this thread is solely to discuss whether the Kalos League was rigged or not and related stuff. If you find the topic boring and repeatitive then wouldn't it be more appropriate to discuss a different topic in another thread where the topic is more relevant or make another thread for that cause?

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Keep reaching. Anime doesn't equal games.:p:p
Okay then was it ever explicitly stated (or even implied) as to the function of Lysandre’s equipment in the anime? No? Okay then I’m allowed to assume that it was parallel to its function in the games. In case you didn’t know 1 of the required core assumptions needed for discerning information in the anime is the default model assumption where the default expectation of a given element in the anime is the same as its corresponding element in the games unless the anime offers incompatible information in which case the anime supersedes the games on the matter. That’s the correct way to view the games’ relation to the anime instead of the meaningless “anime =\= games” platitude. I’ll make a thread later this month that goes into more detail regarding the underlying assumptions needed in order to form a coherent system of propositions regarding the Pokémon anime.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Again, keep reaching for the stars. You'll eventually be aware you're orbiting around your own axis.:p
Then it is off-topic is this thread obviously because the subject of this thread is solely to discuss whether the Kalos League was rigged or not and related stuff. If you find the topic boring and repeatitive then would it be more appropriate to discuss a different topic in another thread where the topic is more relevant or make another thread for that cause?
Because that's how threads are. If we had a thread for every conversation that was created going "off topic", we'd have a million mainly about controversial events and characters.:rolleyes:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Again, keep reaching for the stars. You'll eventually be aware you're orbiting around your own axis. :p
Yeah and you can keep playing the troll until you realize you’ve gone past the threshold of mental retardation ;).

Anyways yeah every poster so far agrees that Alain didn’t cheat, so I guess the original purpose of this thread has been fulfilled :).

satopi

Anyways yeah every poster so far agrees that Alain didn’t cheat, so I guess the original purpose of this thread has been fulfilled :).
Which is why it's good to go "off topic" and pick a different topic to discuss. That or close the thread.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Which is why it's good to go "off topic" and pick a different topic to discuss. That or close the thread.
Or you know, maybe discuss your "off-topic" discussions in another thread where it'd be more relevant to the original topic. If you wanted to discuss about who could beat Ash/whom Ash opponents will be in the Alolan League(the topic Datsright brought in), I think this thread would have been more appropriate:

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...ce-in-the-sun-moon-anime-series.663014/page-6

Last edited:

satopi

keepitsimple

site of lies
I mean unless we start some megathread where conversations about the anime are more casual and can go off topic instead of focusing on one specific question, then threads like these going off topic is always going to happen lol. Mini modding won't help.

Anyway I'm not too sure if I answered this already but no, nothing in the show indicates that Alain cheated. He won because his Charizard is stupidly OP

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I blame Ash's big and reliable Noivern.
Noivern losing or winning wouldn't have made any difference though, no matter what way you look at it. It doesn't matter how many Pokemon Ash actually had remaining against Mega Charizard X, apart from Pikachu and Greninja everyone would outright get fodderized/one shot. Were any of Ash's Pokemon apart from Pikachu and Greninja capable of laying even a scratch on Alain's Haxzard? Nah, so blaming poor Noivern for it is pointless.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Wasn't that Goodra?
Well ACC was presumably making fun of the Pokémon descriptions we got during the Kalos League, so yeah Noivern was Mr.Big and Reliable which was ironic since he was the weakest member of the team (understandable since he was the youngest).

satopi

Noivern jobbing wasn't nearly as bad as Talonflame tying with an Unfezant of all pokémon

That match was rigged
I honestly thought you were gonna say "Noivern jobbing wasn't nearly as bad as Turtwig's battle streak after it evolved into Grotle.":p

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Noivern jobbing wasn't nearly as bad as Talonflame tying with an Unfezant of all pokémon

That match was rigged
So every species of Unfezant would have to be as weak as Ash's Unfezant? Greeeaaat logic mate. :)