1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think all past MC’s are returning or some?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Sham

Sham Smile

Are all companions of Ash going to appear or not? Or do you think no companions are returning? Discuss why you think so and who’d you like to see first. Personally the first on my list is Iris since she was robbed of a cameo in XY followed by Lillie since I’d like to know if she ever found Mohn. Recently it was claimed that past characters would possibly be returning in journeys

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ ^Me whenever I visit the PAD

I think only Lillie will return because her va is the easiest to contact since she still works for the anime.
    And Misty and Brock for Kanto pandering.
    They probably can't get anyone else because of the bad economy the pandemic is causing.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't think it's feasible for all previous cast members to return, so I figure that the ones whose seiyuu are readily available will return, but even then it would likely be the most popular companion characters.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

As for right now, the only one I think - and I want - to return is Dawn.

Neutral/don't care with the others even if I like May, Serena, Clemont, Cilan and Iris

5. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

I want Serena, Iris, Lillie and Dawn to come back. I don't have big expectations for the boys coming back but maybe Brock would return since he's in Pewter City. :)

6. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

From what I've heard, it's probably going to be tough to get May back because of the illness her Japanese voice actress has or had. As for the others, I could potentially see them returning but I think the most likely to return at the moment would be Lillie since she seemed to be the main girl in Sun and Moon. I could also see other popular Pokégirls showing up like Dawn and Serena. I'm not sure about Misty because of her recent appearances in Sun and Moon and I also don't know about Iris, though I could potentially see her as a Champion or at least a participant in the World Coronation Series. As for the boys, I don't know anyone, besides Brock and maybe Cilan, that really left a big enough impact for them to return, though I could see Kiawe and/or Sophocles returning for an episode, especially Kiawe since he seemed to be the main boy of the group, barring Ash, like Lillie seemed to be the main girl of the Sun and Moon group.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I think all of them should as this would be the right saga to do it in. Have Cilan appear.... somewhere, they don't seem to know what they're doing with him. Give Rayquaza an actual appearance in the anime with Iris returning(And Zinnia thrown in cause why not?). Have Ash enter a Fire tournament somewhere that Kiawe just happened to enter as well. Brock and Dawn show up together(The anime owes us this ones...), Mallow appears when Ash picks up the Alola Pokemon and perhaps gets an Applin in Galar?, Lillie shows up somewhere like Cilan it's hard to say, Tracey with a real lab episode; May, Dawn, and Serena all competing in the Wallace Cup.

Mostly I just want Dawn and Brock. May, Cilan, Kiawe and Mallow are just bonuses
    And I don't really care for her but Serena does kinda need something. They didn't give her a special or a return episode but the lemon siblings got a special, I'd like to see how contest life is doing for her and also a good way to sneak in Lisia so she escapes 'never animated' jail

BabaVanga and Applecorp like this.
  8. Applecorp

Applecorp Well-Known Member

I think all of them deserve their chance for redemption but I'm not blindly optimistic enough to expect that to happen.

Watch only Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles return just because they're the most recent cast members that kids are familiar with.

BabaVanga and Leonhart like this.
  9. Ignition

Ignition Free

This season? Maybe a cameo watching Ash battle Leon. I do think eventually they'll all be together but I'm cautious about it just not being Misty and Brock yet again

10. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

They can easily get absolutely everyone, we're talking about professional voice actors here, not random nobodies they worked with under an alias on some minor fan production ages ago. The only exception is KAORI, and that's because of medical reasons, not because she's "difficult to contact".

11. I can see a contest episode
    Or a girls episode around Koharu

Applecorp likes this.
  12. HeartThrob6000

HeartThrob6000 Certified Lover

The writers should bring back Max, but this time as a Pokémon trainer.

He was an annoyance throughout the entire Advanced Generation, but I'm curious to see how much he has grown as a character.

LilligantLewis and SerenaRulez like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've seen people say this, but if they couldn't make him a Pokemon trainer when he was in the cast and at his most relevant in terms of screen-time, why would they make him a trainer now? To me it seemed like they didn't bother to make him a trainer in AG because he was too young, or at least that seemed to be the implication. And since it's doubtful that he's aged since none of the other characters have, then I find it hard to believe that he'd suddenly have his own Pokemon: even Eureka didn't own any Pokemon despite her being around his age [Dedenne and Puni-chan weren't technically hers].

Applecorp likes this.
  14. AznKei

AznKei Team girls in Trials Of Mana FTW! XD

It would be great if all past companions are coming back, even despite their issues or the locations/settings not compatible for their returns, as they would show that the creators/developers/directors of the franchise are listening to the fans, which aren't really the case from their histories.

Leonhart likes this.
  15. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

Short answer: no.

SerenaRulez and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  16. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

At the moment, the most likely are Brock, Misty, Lillie and Kiawe (I mean, it makes no sense if Kiawe doesn't participate in the PWC, considering he is as battle hungry as Ash is).

SerenaRulez likes this.