• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think any of the previous Gen rivas would have won the Unova League?

Which previous Gen rival would have a chance at winning the Unova League?

• Gary could win

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Paul could win

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Conway could win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobias could win

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Harrison could win

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Tyson could win

• Ritchie could win

• Morrison could win

• Several of them could win

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Virgil still would have won

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say Paul, Gary, Tobias and the other rivals decided to enter the Unova League. Do you think any of them have a chance of making it all the way to the end and winning. Ash is still at the level he currently is in BW and the same BW rivals are entering. What would happen?

Hikatoshi26

Tobias had a team of legandaries....Duh lol

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm choosing Virgil still would have won, most of those rivals could especially Tobias but mainly 'cause of marketing and like I could totally see Eevee taking on a Latios. XD

sandy ketchum

Tobias had two legendaries and his other pokemon must be really strong if not legendaries. Tobias will win for sure.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I'm choosing Virgil still would have won, most of those rivals could especially Tobias but mainly 'cause of marketing and like I could totally see Eevee taking on a Latios. XD

If we discount DEM, hax and bias of the writers, Paul and Tobias would've creamed Virgil easily.

I voted several. Did any of you realised that the Pokemon in the Unova League is just... weak? Darumaka and some of the COTD battles are just bad. On the few second battle scenes during DP League, we see badass Pokemon like Hippowdon vs something. Now it's just...

Paul, Tobias, Gary, Tyson could beat the Unova League effortlessly, no doubt. This league just seems so easy compared to other ones.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tobias would win easily, the other two would need plot armor.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Tobias definitely could win the Unova League in his sleep.
Also Paul would win easily. I really don't see anyone in that league being a match for Paul.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think that several of them could have won it. Virgil was strong, but he did not seem to be that strong to me. He looked to be very beatable. Tyson and Tobias would (not could, would) definitely have won the Unova League. I'd also put Gary, Paul, and Harrison into that category as well. Even Conway could have made it far and may have been able to beat Virgil. The crop of Unova League participants did not seem to be anything special so Virgil winning it does not seem as impressive as some of the other champions winning their leagues. Heck, OI, Johto (with Kanto Pokémon), AG, and Sinnoh Ash could have won Unova just as easily as any of the rivals I just mentioned.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Several of them can win the Unova League with the Unova skills. In fact, Ash's Sinnoh herself would be the favourite on the Unova League.
Gary. I'm 50/50 on hima ctually winning.
Paul. Almost obvious.
Conway: more easy but not guaranteed.
Tobias: He sweeps all the league by his Darkrai.
Harrison: Hwe could lose to Dino or Virgil, otherwise he won.
Tyson: With most possibility.
Ritchie: I don't see him defeating Virgil. Kotetsu yea, specially if it's like Ash's battle.
Morrison: I have more issues with him winning.
Virgil: With those rivals around, he has a hard time winning the League.

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
Tobias Paul and Gary would win pretty hard imo

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The Unova League was so scrubby that only the scrubbiest of rivals could conquer it.

I rather like the sound of Champion Casey

RVD_fan

Paul would've walked all over this tournament. I'd say pretty much any of the DP rivals could have won it (even that guy with the Probopass).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I rather like the sound of Champion Casey

Idk. I mean, was she even a real rival? We didn't even see her at the Johto League. :x

Anyway, I bet Tobias could have won the Unova League with just his Darkrai.

jh941

Tobias is the obvious choice purely because of his team, but I would say Paul too as his style and strategy would easily defeat someone like Cameron.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
All of the other rivals probably would have won such a dumb tournament with such weak characters. Everyone didn't look all that strong at all. I mean Harrison, Paul and the others would have probably hanged Cameron by a rope and beat him with easy. Virgil's pokemon would have probably not stand chance to not even Ritchie if this was back in Johto where he started to get better pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well Paul would creme BW Ash, that's for sure. He can probably take out the Eevee's too.

Chandelurefan1

We all know Tobias would win against everyone in any league any day, Paul would've won any of the pokemon leagues besides the Sinnoh one.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Nope this is fantasy not realife, the story would be still about Virgil winning, they made Virgil pretty impressive, they made his Eevee freaking strong obviously if we are comparing league winners, Takuto with his legendaries would probably win this league also even in this fantasy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.