• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Ash and Brock should retire?

Do you think Ash and Brock should retire?

• Total voters
Well, what can I say, it's been 10 years since the TV series started. Ash and Brock are getting old (and so is Misty). Ash keeps failing in the bigger matches (like the Indigo Leage and the Silver Confrence) and Brock still hasn't had a girlfriend. I think it's about time the two should retire. What do you think?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'd like Ash to stay until the writers wrap up his story. Whether it be this region or the next region, I'd like the character to have a decent conclusion.

As for Brock, he should have been given the Misty treatment a long time ago. I've ranted about this before so I won't bother again, but Brock has basically been nothing more than a laughing stock for the last couple of years now.

LugiaGirl

hates her UN C:
i think they should because they have been on the show too long, let some other pokemon trainer have the spotlight

zeno48

Zaker!
i think they should because they have been on the show too long, let some other pokemon trainer have the spotlight

What is the point of that if everything will be the same. I would rather stick with Ash then having someone new to fill his shoes. I don't want another 10 years for character development. Yugioh anyone?

F0xH0und7

TwinWeavile
im not sure if thats a good idea. i mean, once they're gone, everyone will want them back. if anything, ash should be kicked off though, but im not voting on that.

Mr. Yoshi

...i think ash should go. brock is okay. but ash should go because we all know what would happen... "pikacu use thunderbolt/ iron tail" or whatever. we should have someone new. but pokemon chronicles was kinda bad... and team rocket should go too! >.<

Wobuffet fan

TR's #1 admin
Yea they should bring Team Galactic in and replace Team Rocket with Team Galactic.

How can you even think that.:(

Just kidding. But back on topic, I think Brock should go. All he does is stand there getting his ear pulled and says"GO ASH!"

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I don't see Ash leaving... and don't see the point of it either.

I love Brock too, but if sometime in the future he has to leave for a great new character or characters, I wouldn't complain too much (as long as he gets a great farwell). Booting him for a boring character would suck, although the writers have been great at making enjoyable, individual main characters personality-wise and I don't think they'll ever be a character that literally everyone hates.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
In the TV series Ash can´t leave. He is the main character of the show. We are to follow him to the end whenever that is. The regular Pokemon series is about him, however when it ends we may have a spinoff but thats not the same thing as the main character leaves. The propper question is, shall Pokemon end and/or shall they create a spin off series focusing on new characters?

Brock on the other hand is totally up to the fans and the creators because he is replacable. He is a supporting character (at the best). But I thought he was taken back just for te very reason fans liked him better than Tracy. So if thats the case why should he leave?

A spin off setting 10 years in the future might be an idea, showing everyone what happend to Ash (as the end in Pirates of...3). But even then I think the spin off will be like the "Joey" spinoff after "Friends", it wont do as well as the regular series.

IMO its better to reach the end of Pokemon following Ash journey than start from scratch with a new character.

Kametsou

If Ash and/or Brock retired, I'd stop watching Pokémon. Taking out either of those characters would absolutely ruin the originality of the series. No question about that one.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How does removing Brock take away the originality of the anime? The guy is completely pointless in 95% of the episodes he's in.

zeno48

Zaker!
How does removing Brock take away the originality of the anime? The guy is completely pointless in 95% of the episodes he's in.

Why because you say so?

PDL

disenchanted
What would be the point to replacing the current characters? They'd only end up with replacements that do the exact same thing that Ash and Brock are currently doing. Only without the fan appeal of the former since they're entirely new but offer nothing new.

The show would just take a big fat nosedive and jump the shark.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I don't think either of them should leave. The show is about Ash and if Brock left what would they do for food? Or do you people think the character that should replace Brock should be just as good a cook? That would be real original

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
If Ash and/or Brock retired, I'd stop watching Pokémon. Taking out either of those characters would absolutely ruin the originality of the series. No question about that one.
I don't get how replacing characters would make the show less "original", but I don't want them too.

Why? Because the replacements would probably be the same. All you guys wanting Brendan (he was so awesome in 10 seconds! I think he'll be just like THE manga character!), Lucas (oh, he'll be awesome I JUST KNOW IT!), or those people who think Jimmy (who was pretty much a differently packaged Ash) should realize this.

I The show is about Ash and if Brock left what would they do for food?
Um...this isn't a problem. They survived in the Orange Islands.

zeno48

Zaker!
What would be the point to replacing the current characters? They'd only end up with replacements that do the exact same thing that Ash and Brock are currently doing. Only without the fan appeal of the former since they're entirely new but offer nothing new.

The show would just take a big fat nosedive and jump the shark.

That is what I said pretty much but people keep insisting that they want to move on to new characters.