• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Ash and Brock should retire?

Do you think Ash and Brock should retire?

• Total voters
I think Ash should stay. However, his outfits are all too similar. He should wear shorts or something in the next region. (If there will be one.) When he was given a new voice actor, it seemed more like he was older and going through puberty. His voice got deeper and more mature. He should stay on the show.

As for Brock, I think he should be given something better to do if the writers are going to keep him on the show. Let the viewers see his Pokemon more than just his Croagunk. It seems like the only time we see his other Pokemon is when he lets them out to eat. I would like to see him use his pokemon in battles against some trainers. Breeder verses breeder battle. That would be nice. Does anyone else agree?

Sumomoko-chan

...I have no clue?
Ash is fine as he is for now, and Brock could probably stay for just a bit longer... And by that I mean, make him go home for good directly after D/P (or D/P's filler arc, whichever ends the D/P series) ends, and get someone else (hopefully at least both decent and different, and, well... Capable of letting the group survive, lol) to replace him. If Dawn's a keeper (which is hopefully (and likely; the contest arc's screentime is really improving!) the case), someone's going to have to leave at the end of the D/P arc. Just look at how much the producers have been enjoying shuffling the cast since the end of Johto!

SuperDude

Nah neither of them should go, i like both Brock and Ash (but i do miss Ash's old voice, it was starting to get cool :(). I really don;t think Brock should go cos we'll just end up with another Tracey, they really should give Brock something to do though as he does just stand there and look cool.

As for Ash he can't leave, he just can't, there'd be no point, and if they did get rid of him there'd just be a new kid who sounds like ash when he was in the kanto league (whiny and noisy) and no doubt he'd have a pikachu aswell seeing as how its the mascot.

so i voted no for both

Sumomoko-chan

...I have no clue?
I really don;t think Brock should go cos we'll just end up with another Tracey

Wow, that's amazing! O_O You can see into the future?! [/much sarcasm]

They've probably learned their lesson by now, lol. If we get a Brock replacement, we should (hopefully) get something that's better than Tracey was. We (probably) won't have to worry about the replacement not fitting the role of "comic relief who doesn't do anything important except cook and be a cheerleader for Ash" as well as Brock did.

Last edited:

XxVascoxX

Can't see ash and brock leaving coz they are both now the two main character of the anime and if they left this will kill the show...for ash i watch pokmon only to see him win battle get new badges and capture /evolve new pokes.....if ash would go off you can be certain i'll stop watching

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
Okay Ash wont leave the show. Brock, im not sure about him but Ash is the main character. They wont write him off.

Ultradude131

Disturbia
I want ash stay but not Brock,Misty should come back and then the BOY character from the next game should join Ash(like how there was May and Dawn).

I think Ash should stay. However, his outfits are all too similar. He should wear shorts or something in the next region. (If there will be one.)
I agree on the first one. They should of made him look more like Jimmy from The Legend of Thunder. Jimmy even sort of reminds me of Ash anyways.