• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think ash has a chance of winning the Alola League?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The idea of ash winning a league has been entertained a few times by most of the fans, but after the kalos league, many, me included, lost most if not all hope for him ever winning, as it felt like an unbreakable rule back then. However, with the SM player becoming the very first champion in alola, marking a special occasion in the region as a whole, there was a bit of hope for ash to win, but it still had an astronomically low chance of happening. However, last week an event that should NOT be understated happened: Ash caught a mythical, a tier higher than a "simple" legendary (in rarity, not power), thus breaking one of the biggest "rules" of the anime, one that was pretty much as enforced as him not winning a league, opening up the possibility that it could happen. I still doubt it will happen, because it's the pokemon anime, but it is a legitimate possibility now. Also, in-universe there aren't many trainers that would be much of a threat for ash in alola, with kukui and gladion being the only ones so far, and ash is all but guaranteed to end up beating the latter in the league, leaving kukui at a 50/50, unless they end up making guzma the one who beats ash, which could be a thing that happens tbh.

Red and Blue

Unless they introduce a Tobias like trainer then yeah I'd say his chances are pretty good.

Though there is always that possibility he'll lose

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
*points at his team*
Hell no.
If he lost with god tier teams(DP and XY), why would he win with one of his worst?

The Alola League is still a League, not it's own thing like the Orange League

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
*points at his team*
Hell no.
If he lost with god tier teams(DP and XY), why would he win with one of his worst?

The Alola League is still a League, not it's own thing like the Orange League
because of one question: who would actually be able to beat him?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Right now it does seem like Ash is the strongest, but don't forget, Tobias didn't appear until the second episode of the Sinnoh League arc
yeah, but he was the last "last minute dream crusher", though then again, SM while breaking some traditions is also bringing back others (like boss fantasies or electric moves hitting ground types, though the latter kinda also happened in XY against that one rhyperior in XY63, but that was a combo attack, so I don't count it), I still believe guzma has a possibility of being the dream crusher this time, or hau pulling off what we didn't want sawyer to pull off back in XY

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Ash will either lose the title a few episodes later, or he loses and the status quo comes!

Haven't you learned from Kalos? Never bet on the Ashes!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
No, and anyone who thought Ash was winning in Kalos was deluding themselves. Haven't the writers stated multiple times that if he wins, show's over?

His team has nothing to do with it. They could be as weak or strong as possible.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
If the writers have anything to say about it, likely close to none (bar the possibility of the Galar region anime being a soft reboot). Ash will very likely need to dip into his reserve pool as he doesn’t even a full team of Alola mons yet.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
yeah, but he was the last "last minute dream crusher", though then again, SM while breaking some traditions is also bringing back others (like boss fantasies or electric moves hitting ground types, though the latter kinda also happened in XY against that one rhyperior in XY63, but that was a combo attack, so I don't count it), I still believe guzma has a possibility of being the dream crusher this time, or hau pulling off what we didn't want sawyer to pull off back in XY
There's also Cameron the tutorial who appeared pretty late.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Death itself will die and be thrown into the Abyss before Ash wins a league.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If this league is treated as Orange League or Battle Frontier level aka mid level of "importance", then yes.
If it's treated as traditional leagues aka high level of "importance", then no. I hope, it's first so Ash can win something since I wanted him to win something in DI arc( but writers gave us just filler stuff) and since he won BF like in 2006?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
No, and anyone who thought Ash was winning in Kalos was deluding themselves. Haven't the writers stated multiple times that if he wins, show's over?
I thought a large amount of people believed he could win. I mean I wondered why there's a high ratio of dislikes about him losing at the Kalos league on YouTube?

Red and Blue

Could have sworn people were more optimistic about Ash winning the Alolan League when SM started

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You know what would be the most ironic scenario:
The anime saga where Ash is at his peak: lol no win
Then get everyone’s expectations to an all time low then let Ash win the League at the most laidback region