• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think ash has a chance of winning the Alola League?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm waiting until the guzma episode to see what Kakui reveals during his announcement, of course if all he says is that there is a league coming it'll take longer to make a choice.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
He only has a chance of winning if this League isn't like a "main" League, like the Indigo League, Sinnoh League, etc..

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
My money's on Lillie beating him (yes, with Shiron sweeping Ash's entire team before evolving at the end of the series as Lillie says she's going to Kanto), or Ryuki shows up to show off Kommo-o's Z-move and reveals he's from the Galar region

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I officially lost all hope after Kalos, not just because Ash lost in the closest of margins, but because it sealed my hatred of Alain as a character.

Also, Ash’s Alola team is extremely underwhelming in terms of development as they all seem to stay unevolved and cute purely for the purpose of merchandise. Especially since only one member (Lycanroc) is fully evolved. It would be a huge slap in the face if he wins with such an underwhelming team, especially since they’re going to likely be the only team he’ll use while keeping hands off his reserves (barring his old Kanto Pokemon at most due to LGP/LGE promotion).

And thanks to what the Kalos League did, I now officially swear by the belief of the writers, “if Ash wins an official region league, the series will end”.

04n70n10

My thoughts:

- I don't believe on Ash's victory in the Alola league due to the precedents, but i still have a small hope for the future;
- It wasn't fool to believe back then for a victory in the Kalos League, from a "writing standpoint" this lose is still very "illogical"/"contradicting", really, for all the climax enstablised, the greninja arc, etc.
- Writers carried over for too long this old rule (=Ash loser in the end), they are too conservative in many points for apparently no reason (like mythicals, only recently we see some timid changes but for too long for the main characters they are not catchable, and for legendaries... nevermind or even try! most of them for too long exclusive only for movies and only much later, maybe, in the anime, etc.), this rule "worked" in early times but now... after 20+ years...
- I repeat once again, Ash winning a league won't end the anime now, maybe only in the early times (OS seasons essentially). During the DP saga they cleared a bit the matter with the fact that winning a league is only a step towards the (purposely vague) Pokémon Master Dream, and this was reaffirmed some times, for example before the 7th gym match in Kalos. Ash will continue travelling in the end like always, this is a false problem in the end, It would be more or less like after the win of the orange league or even Battle Frontier (shenanigans like: "I always have always something more to learn", "I want to see every new pokemon in the world", "I love random travelling and seeing new regions and discover new things", etc.). But, sadly, for some reasons they don't want to "address" this thing.

So... why still I have some small hope in the (long) future (maybe not for alola league, but probably for the next sagas)?
- After all, there is a (very very sloooooooooooooooooooooooow) ""progression"" in Ash's career in these years/decades, we will still have to see the Alola league but at least in the Kalos league we saw a final for the first time ever;
- Still very late and slowly IMO, but in each new seasons writers start to break more and more old-rurring patters, like recently with the mythicals more often used, the travelling aspect, etc, etc, etc.

So, we shall see (or at least my nephews lol), especially in my opinion if they will start to really use Ash more like a mentor figure for the characters of the relative region (very usually the pokégirls).

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Wouldn't that be something?
He doesn't win the Kalos League when he's at his all time best, but wins the Alola League when he's barely a even trainer this saga...
That would probably cause an even bigger outrage than when he lost to Alan.

I know I'll be mad if he wins because of Melmetal. Especially if Meltan evolves mid-battle. (During the finals at that)
That probably won't happen. Just saying. Especially the way THIS saga has played out.
For all we know Meltan could be released before then without evolving.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Wouldn't that be something?
He doesn't win the Kalos League when he's at his all time best, but wins the Alola League when he's barely a even trainer this saga...
That would probably cause an even bigger outrage than when he lost to Alan.

I know I'll be mad if he wins because of Melmetal. Especially if Meltan evolves mid-battle. (During the finals at that)
That probably won't happen. Just saying. Especially the way THIS saga has played out.
For all we know Meltan could be released before then without evolving.
I didn't mean that he'd win because of meltan/melmetal, but that ash catching him sets precedence for one of the anime's biggest rules being broken at long last, opening the door for anything to happen

Kintaro

Banned
If by chance he does win I think people will have the same reaction as when Misty/Brock appeared in SM a second time. More of a, "too little, too late" kind of feeling. Besides that people will probably just view it as similar to the Orange League rather than a "traditional" league.

Litleonid

If they wouldn't let him beat Alain's overpowered Mega Charizard X and win the Kalos League, there's no way he's winning here. He had one of his strongest teams in Kalos, and even in Sinnoh, yet the writers always find some ridiculous way to force him to lose because they can't let go of their stupid "If Ash wins a regional league, we gotta end the series" rule. They have an easy work around for that! Its called the Chamion's League, though as of right now, Alola doesn't have one.

So yeah, Ash is not gonna win in Alola. He's probably going to lose to someone like Hau or Professor Kukui disguised as the Masked Royal.

CabochonJaw

If I say that I'm worried about the possibility of Ash winning the league, does that count? There's still time for Ash's team to get better, but it might also get worse. Meanwhile, Gladion's team is basically perfect.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
If I say that I'm worried about the possibility of Ash winning the league, does that count? There's still time for Ash's team to get better, but it might also get worse. Meanwhile, Gladion's team is basically perfect.
if basically perfect means literally incomplete (if poipole returns ash will have a full team)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Regardless of Ash winning a league for the first time, him winning now in a series where I can't see much effort from his side to actually win it this time would be an insult to every other attempt where he actually trained and would be just super anticlimatic for the rest of the series with Ash as the protagonist.

SatoSereFan224888

YES HE DOES, ESPECIALLY WITH MELTAN! After he wins, he decides to retire because he felt like he's reached the end of the road on his journey.

TogeWing

At this point, the prospect of Ash winning a League is not the reason why I watch the anime. To me, the anime has always been about the fun that it brings, and SM has done a great job in this regard.

Having said that, seeing that Ash reached the finals in the Kalos League, surely the writing staff will at least have him perform as good as that? My only gripe would be if he went back to Top 8.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Regardless of Ash winning a league for the first time, him winning now in a series where I can't see much effort from his side to actually win it this time would be an insult to every other attempt where he actually trained and would be just super anticlimatic for the rest of the series with Ash as the protagonist.

That's the clear problem with Alola. Ash mostly goofed off instead of doing actual training, and that makes his Alola team look weak, especially with only one fully-evolved Pokemon on the team. It would super anti-climactic if Ash won the Alola League with such an underwhelming team that was treated less as proper Pokemon and more like marketing tools.