• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think ash has a chance of winning the Alola League?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Even if Ash does somehow win a league, which is highly unlikely, I doubt he'll be written off and will probably just keep on challenging gyms or whatever new quest that's equivalent to them and will probably end up losing the next league.

DatsRight

That's the clear problem with Alola. Ash mostly goofed off instead of doing actual training, and that makes his Alola team look weak, especially with only one fully-evolved Pokemon on the team. It would super anti-climactic if Ash won the Alola League with such an underwhelming team that was treated less as proper Pokemon and more like marketing tools.

The irony is that Ash arguably done more effective training in Alola than he did regions like Kalos. A large amount of moves were earned this series and even the evolutions were better story segregated for his team. Several previous series seemed like they wanted to give the insinuation Ash was always training to make his team stronger, but it wasn't shown as effectively as something like, Team Rocket provoking a plot armour boost out of one of them to skip past all that hard work, which was done A LOT in earlier series (and still is for the other trainers) but only done about once or twice in SM, and even then with some greater degree of buildup.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, nothing has really changed, Ash is no more going to win this one than he has any other one. It would be especially odd for him to win this one when battling has been downplayed so much this series.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I don't think he will. God forbid the writers of the show actually allow his character to have any kind of long term growth.

To be fair though, Ash is still more likely to win a League than to get a discernible personality. Mainly because I don't think the writers really care. I think they and Nintendo/GameFreak/ThePokemonCompany/WhateverCompanyOwnsPokemonThisWeek are really only concerned with marketing the different Pokémon at the expense of anything else. That and ratings, but standards are so low in animation (reference the Powerpuff Girls reboot) that ratings likely will never be a problem.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't think he will. God forbid the writers of the show actually allow his character to have any kind of long term growth.

To be fair though, Ash is still more likely to win a League than to get a discernible personality. Mainly because I don't think the writers really care. I think they and Nintendo/GameFreak/ThePokemonCompany/WhateverCompanyOwnsPokemonThisWeek are really only concerned with marketing the different Pokémon at the expense of anything else. That and ratings, but standards are so low in animation (reference the Powerpuff Girls reboot) that ratings likely will never be a problem.
wasn't ppg16 already cancelled?

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think he has a chance. Not a good one, but at least a better chance than he would if he were battling in any of the other game Leagues. The reason I say this is because this is going to be the inaugural Alola League, which gives the writers room for Ash's rank improvement even should he win this League since it will still be like an expansion League, rather than a well-known League like the Kanto or Johto Leagues. And, if game scenarios are included, there is also the Title Defense portion of this League so Ash could win the League, possibly even beating Kukui, but could lose to a future challenger, showing that he still has a ways to go even if he's won a regional League.

SatoSereFan224888

Even if Ash did win - which he probably won't - I don't think he'd retire. He'd still have the Elite Four to take on, and who knows what else he'd do after that?
But maybe he feels like his journeys are starting to take a toll on him. I feel he would make a great teacher. In Galar, I want Ash to be the mentor for the girl from the games. He would not be collecting badges.

SatoSereFan224888

Already had that plenty of times.

The latest one was head over heels for him and made romance with the opposite gender look redundant.
I think Ash should realize he will never become a Pokemon master because he's never catching every Pokemon out there. It's pointless for him to continue on his dream.

Ryan93WKU

Well if its like he wins against all the captains/kahunas and gets a one on one battle against Professor Kukui I think he could win a trophy or some medal. If they have a full blown tournament he'll make the top 16 for sure maybe losing to Gladion or a character they meet towards the end because Ash is the only known person doing the Island Challenge so far. I wouldn't mind some of the other characters compete in it as I would like to see Ash battle somebody besides Kiawe for a change in practice battle.