• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Ash will ever have an original 5 or 6 Pokemon that he carries with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeaussie37

Pixelz said:
What bugs me is that ashes pikachu must be, like level 25. And the elite four's pokemon are like, level 75.

Ooo yet another who believes levels are part of the anime. It doesn't happen that way bud.

I think every one of his Pokemon will be rotated through, except for Pikachu (not a chance) and possibly Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
What I'm saying is which Pokemon do you think will NEVER get switched his entire time in Unova.

I'd say all of them are fair game to get rotated. Even Pikachu got temporarily Oaked once. He seems keen on using the right Pokemon for the job these days so we'll see less of that " -Pokemon- is at a disadvantage but I believe in them! " foolishness and more actual strategy.

Ash shouldn't play favorites.

RandomOne

Randomization
Every battle (1 on 1 \ 3 on 3 \ 6 on 6) he will just choose other pokemons, meaning imo he will use all of them.

Bell56

The One and Only
I'd say all of them are fair game to get rotated. Even Pikachu got temporarily Oaked once. He seems keen on using the right Pokemon for the job these days so we'll see less of that " -Pokemon- is at a disadvantage but I believe in them! " foolishness and more actual strategy.

Ash shouldn't play favorites.

When was Pikachu Oak'ed, I know there have been 6-6 battles where Ash didn't use him, but he never was sent to the lab he just hung out in the crowd with one of Ash's friends.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
I think Ash will rotate like this:

Pikachu
Tranquill and Swadloon
Tepig and Roggenrola
Snivy and Palptoad
Oshawott and Reuniclus
Scraggy and Cubchoo
And, sometimes he may add Bouffalant and Reuniclus. (if caught)

However, I want his pokemon to be rotated in the following manner: (future team prediction)

Pikachu
Tranquill and Cubchoo
Snivy and Swadloon
Oshawott and Palpitoad
Roggenrola and Scraggy
Tepig and Heatmor
And, somtimes he may add Bouffalant and Reuniclus. (if caught)

But, for now, I want his pokemon to be rotated like this: (current team prediction)

Tranquill
Swadloon
Scraggy
Snivy and Pikachu
Palpitoad and Oshawott
Roggenrola and Tepig

An00bis

Wicked Witch
When was Pikachu Oak'ed, I know there have been 6-6 battles where Ash didn't use him, but he never was sent to the lab he just hung out in the crowd with one of Ash's friends.

That was it.

Ash physically handed Pikachu to Professor Oak to prevent sending him back to the lab in a Pokeball. It was a way of skirting the rule given Pikachu's emotional problems with being put in a Pokeball and separated from Ash. Since Oak went along with it and the League allowed it ...

Anyway, Professor Oak is in Unova now he could very well do it again.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Pikachu
Tranquill and Swadloon
Tepig and Roggenrola
Snivy and Palptoad
Oshawott and Reuniclus
Scraggy and Cubchoo

However, I want his pokemon to be rotated in the following manner: (future team prediction)

Pikachu
Tranquill and Cubchoo
Snivy and Swadloon
Oshawott and Palpitoad
Roggenrola and Scraggy
Tepig and Heatmor

But, for now, I want his pokemon to be rotated like this: (current team prediction)

Tranquill
Swadloon
Scraggy
Snivy and Pikachu
Palpitoad and Oshawott
Roggenrola and Tepig

He's not going to rotate Pikachu anytime soon.

dman_dustin

While I feel this thread is pointless, since I can't really see the purpose.

I'll respond with:

The writers have been given extra options. I can't help but think from the writer's perspective, that allowing Ash more Pokemon allows the writers a lot more creative storylines. So if one writer wants Palpitoad to be used instead of someone else, he has that opportunity.

Or if someone wants to use Roggenrola, he can use the Pokemon.

Thus it comes down to, I think the current episode's team depends largely on the writer. Now it can be assumed that Ash does trade out the starters. And while that would make sense, the only one we can be sure of is Tepig, but that's only because we've seen Snivy and Oshawott recently than Tepig. However the episodes where Ash has used Tranquill and either Swadloon/Roggenrola at the same time, it can be said it was Scraggy who was sent. So we cannot be sure of who was switched out and who wasn't.

I mean did you notice the Zorua movie, where only 5 of Ash's Pokemon appeared. I get the feeling in those instances its because the writers want to keep who was rotated out a secret.

So again, I don't think we'll ever be sure who is rotated out. But so far of the Unova Pokemon, I'd say Oshawott, and Snivy haven't been rotated out. Tepig/Scraggy are unknown but one of them was rotated out, unless Ash switched out Swadloon for Tranquill after Swadloon made the costumes. However one of them was trading out in the Archeops episode because both Tranquill and Roggenrola were out of their ball at the same time.

But even ignoring all that. I still think it's possible that if Ash sends out six Pokemon it will be: Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig, and Scraggy, and some other random Unova Pokemon Ash has.

But then again the last time that happened was when Ash only had Swadloon as a reserve, and it was easier to switch out Swadloon and Tranquill because Tranquill is a flying Pokemon, and would have a different group dynamic. Such as someone said if Tranquill was in the Palpitoad capture episode, it would've probably avoided the poison spores or gusted them away. But that was also the last time we saw Ash with six Pokemon, so with Palpitoad and Roggenrola, it might be more difficult to show six Pokemon because I don't think the writers want to switch out the same old Pokemon slot for a different reserve.

He's not going to rotate Pikachu anytime soon.

I do hope though at some point, Ash is allowed to use six Unova Pokemon in one full battle that doesn't include Pikachu, but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Grey Wind

I'm assuming you mean will he have a main team of six which he will use against Trip, like how Gible didn't battle Paul. I think he will have a main team of six, but the reserves will get used in the league a lot as well, presumably against Bianca.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
I'm assuming you mean will he have a main team of six which he will use against Trip, like how Gible didn't battle Paul. I think he will have a main team of six, but the reserves will get used in the league a lot as well, presumably against Bianca.

Yup....and maybe some reserves for the gym as well.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Generally speaking, Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott will have the most matches. They'll be his main 4. But he also has Palpitoad he could swap Oshawott out for sometimes.
Tough to say, really, since he has caught more now than he ever has and can swap out anytime between matches.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
He caught more in Kanto, but he kept releasing them/sending them away for "training"...

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori

Pikachu
Tranquill and Swadloon
Tepig and Roggenrola
Snivy and Palptoad
Oshawott and Reuniclus
Scraggy and Cubchoo

Pikachu
Tranquill and Cubchoo
Snivy and Swadloon
Oshawott and Palpitoad
Roggenrola and Scraggy
Tepig and Heatmor

Tranquill
Swadloon
Scraggy
Snivy and Pikachu
Palpitoad and Oshawott
Roggenrola and Tepig

Who is rotated in and out should be decided on who is and isn't needed.

There is an ice gym in Unova. Instead of choosing between Tepig and Roggenrola, Ash can use both of them.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think it's better this way. One of the problems with Ash's battle with Shinji and all the 6 on 6 battles in the Hoenn League was the lack of variety from Ash. The highlight of the leagues is the combinations Ash comes up with for the battles, something that is lost if he only uses the same six. Since it's pretty clear Ash won't be using any Pokemon from Oak's in the league having a wide selection to choose from anyway means we can still get the fun of different teams even if we don't see old favourites.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don`t think he will, he gots right. Plus it wouldn`t be like him to ignore his others

Status
Not open for further replies.