• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Ash will meet Giovanni face to face in Best Wishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Although Ash already saw Giovanni once before in Mewtwo Returns, it was literally only for 10 seconds before Giovanni zoomed away. I don't even know if Ash even remembers seeing him that 1 time.

Do you think Giovanni will physically appear in Isshu? I can see him playing a similar role to Cyrus, (he is already, in fact), and I'd like to see Ash have a proper meeting with him this time.

Its really hard to believe Ash and Giovanni never really had a proper introduction after 13 years. You'd think this would be something that would have happened back in Kanto or Johto.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Giovanni doesn't even know who Ash is

and If he was going to fight he would've done so

13 YEARS AGO

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Giovanni doesn't even know who Ash is

and If he was going to fight he would've done so

13 YEARS AGO

What does that have to do with now?

If Giovanni appears in Isshu, him meeting Ash is a no brainer.

Its the same reason Ash met Cyrus and Maxie/Archie.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Depends, if N and the Plasma boss will appear and TR will return to be the scondary team of the region, he won't appear.
If Rocket is the main team of this region, he will appear and Ash will meet him. Then I guess Team Rocket will leave.

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
There's no way theyll let ash meet giovanni. If that happens, they'll basically be ending TR once and for all, and by extension, ending the anime.

Squaaah

There's no way theyll let ash meet giovanni. If that happens, they'll basically be ending TR once and for all, and by extension, ending the anime.

Ending TR doesn't necessarilly mean ending the Anime. TR have had barely any interaction with Ash and co in the last few epsso its not as if they're needed for every ep villians any more, and now theyr clearly working at some bigger picture plot, thisseries would be the perfect time for Ash and Co to finally defeat TR once and for all.

Of course even if that happens Jessie and James could probably still get away with stalking ash to try and steal pikachu if the writers wanted.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think they should actually meet, face to face, as a 15th anniversary. I think that would be a nice way to have them meet, and actually have some sort of huge battle, with old friends coming to Isshu to lend a hand against Team Rocket as they try to take over Isshu. You could have a huge battle with Ash, Dawn, Brock, Misty, Tracey, Oak, Dento, Iris, and May fighting against Team Rocket (not the trio, but lots and lots of grunts.) I would love to see that as a 15th anniversary.

Krizor

Evil Genius
It's very possible.

Giovanni seems to be a big part of the story this time around and has appeared more than he ever has before.

So I could definitely see a meeting or confrontation between the two at some point in BW.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Sure and Giovanni will think why TR followed him for his Pikachu for 13 years and wonder why they never got away with it.

Blaziryu

No, I don't think Ash will meet Giovanni face to face in Best Wishes. He'll just Jessie, James, Meowth and probably Cassidy and Butch.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Some characters will probably never meet: Misty meeting Dawn, Gary meeting May & Max, Tracey meeting Dawn. I don't see the importance of those 2 meeting..... unless people are under the Star Wars impression that he is Ash's father. Dun Dun da DUN!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind them meeting but thats not my main focus right now.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
am the only one who still hopes giovanni is ashs dad

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Unless TR suddenly becomes 500x more important in BW(yes, even compared to what they have going on now), no. Even though TR is getting their own rivalry subplot against Plasma, as far as any of us know, TP's still going to be the main focus when it comes to who Ash is fighting against.

Or, to put it more bluntly: The writers didn't bother with Giovanni while his team was still relevant. Why would they bother with him now when it's already a mercy that they're letting JJ&M do something significant? Even bearing in mind that we don't know where the BW Team Rocket plot will go, I still see no reason for Giovanni to show up in Isshu when he can just have his grunts do all the dirty work.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm open to the idea, but I can't say I completely believe it will happen. He has become a little more active in the series, but it is really Team Plasma's time to shine.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
The main way I see it happening is IF the anime stays fast-paced enough that they end up throwing in an anime-only arc (a la the Orange Islands) while awaiting the announcement of the 6th gen.
In Issh . . . er . . . Unova, I'm pretty sure they'd want to focus on the regional Team (Plasma). But I agree that, since Team Rocket's role has changed for this season, it might be possible in a post-Unova filler arc.

Whether fighting Giovanni face to face would end his/Team Rocket's involvement in the show is another story altogether, and would depend on how they handle it.

Would love if they met face to face briefly.

I don't see Giovanni coming to Unova unless he has to face off against the Plasma leader. If that happens, I could see him and Ash having epic eye contact on his exit...

matt0044

Chances are slim but if that did happen, then I would be the happiest Pokemon fan under the sun and/or the moon!

I can see Giovanni coming to Unova for a special mission involving Team Plasma and I can see Geechisu teaming up with Giovanni for greater power (considering his true goals in Black and White). Perhaps even Ash and N teaming up to take them both down in a battle that could even top Ash and Paul's final battle.

But that's just wishful thinking, I guess.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Obviously not. The Threads title isn't named "Should Giovanni meet Ash and tell Ash he's his Dad in Isshu?"

Read it less literally.

To just say " Yes " or " No " to the question does not generate a discussion. I'm asking why Mr. Topic Creator feels that its important for Ash to meet Giovanni when Giovanni is of no significance to Ash ... which also works the other way around. A lot of people have given thought out reasons as to why they shouldn't meet (Giovanni's no longer relevant) but not for the other side of the debate.

The idea that " Ash has never met him " doesn't really qualify as a reason. There's countless significant characters from the Games that Ash has never met.

Status
Not open for further replies.