1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by jack xx munchlax, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack xx munchlax

jack xx munchlax pro battle trainer

I personally think they should, I do like certain changes however I think Black and White just didn't really feel like a Pokemon game, what is your opinion?

2. Dreamy

Dreamy Well-Known Member

No I like the new style

3. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

If possible they should go back to Gen I style.
    But the new handheld system needs a new Pokemon game, no?

4. gamer_legend

gamer_legend Well-Known Member

This pretty much sums up my point. Most of the new features are upgrades what would've happened anyway and as for the 3D ones if I remember rightly you actually have the choice of toggling between 3D and Normal Screen so I don't really think it's necessary to cut it out.

5. Shaylup

Shaylup debeo capere omnes

I never knew that. Cool.

6. Are you kidding? Their new style is great!

7. Nightblind249

Nightblind249 Well-Known Member

Gotta feeling this is going to be a spec thread -.- anywho, I like the new feel over the last few games, HG\SS as well as Gen V. They are giving us a story vs throwing you into the game with only a starter and sending you on your way. Yes I did enjoy R\B\Y, and played them religiously. But I think with the new story\new look GF is givin everybody what they want. I gotta feeling with the 3ds its going to be like BW\B2W2 with a story, but with a more open world concept. But who knows

8. Skytorn

Skytorn Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!

I love the new style. My point is basically what the above poster said.

9. Missile157

Missile157 Kingdra Trainer

I do like the new style and I think the animations of the Pokemon are really good, the only let down is that on my DS Lite (I'm not sure about the newer DSs) the Pokemon which the player uses are extremely pixelated. This is the only real draw back, compared to the highly detailed Pokes of Gen III and IV.

10. Ohitsdylan

Ohitsdylan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the battlefield and call of duty games should look more like duck hunt.

11. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

No. I like the 3D things coz if they keep using the same stuff, it'll be boring as hell, nya~

12. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

You're

You're aware that the games are already developed and released, right?

13. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I'm pleased with the current style. I really doubt they'd actually revert back to Gen 4, since, you know, that was Gen 4, and we're in Gen 5.

14. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

I like both of them honestly!

15. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

This is stupid

Why would you want to downgrade to something inferior to what you have now?
    its like getting a camaro and saying "naw i would rather have the gremlin instead"

16. Ammako

Ammako #1 Mightyena fan

Egg-sactly.

People seem to think that saying "it was better back then" is a good argument.

17. *IZ*

*IZ* Well-Known Member

Im just curious but why did you use you're twice?

To the OP: bro, it's still Pokemon so your obviously going to buy it despite whether you like 3D or not.

18. FrozenConstellation

FrozenConstellation There for grace I go

I do love the new style...it really feels like it is realistic. However, I do find it to make me dizzy if I played it for a while.

19. Ferrin

Ferrin Easily Lost

Watchingthe other pokemon moving around or fidgeting in battle is my favorite change.scraggys is hilariously funny :D

20. Wishing Star

Wishing Star Astral Charm Owner

Eh, just because something was used back then but not now doesn't mean that it's necessarily inferior. Many people argue that Unova's relatively linear region design is quite inferior to the non-linear regions of DPP and HG/SS.

New games come with new designs, I guess. Innovation is sometimes key.

"It was better back then" is a horrible argument, if only for the fact that "better" is subjective. At least something like "sales over the first week were worse than that of the previous generation's games" would've made sense, because that'd be using a(n) (erroneous) fact to support the point being argued. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.