• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What?
How can you play Pokemon religiously?

I think he meant "regularly on a daily basis".

Anyway, as for my opinion about the topic, GameFreak said that they will keep using sprites since they can be more artistic with it. I'm glad that they won't shift to 3D Pokemon models. But if ever they do, I'm fine with it.

As for environment, I'm happy with the 3D implementation that we already have in BW2.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
*Face-desk*

It's WAAAAAAAAY too late for that.

LightSuicune

Its fine just how it is now. I just hope GF doesn't go too far on the graphics and make them like the Pokemon BR kind of graphics, that would ruin the main series games. I would hate to see 3D models, GF should just stay with the sprites.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I'm pretty fond of both the Gen IV and V graphical styles for different reasons. Gen IV is probably the generation of games I've played the most, and Pt/HG/SS-style graphics have really grown on me. But I love the slightly more detailed/realistic styles of BW, so no, I'm not big on the idea of regressing to Gen IV graphics. Why would they do that?

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I like the new style a lot better. I do not have a problem if game freak switches to 3D, that'd be even better.
One thing I enjoyed about the 4th gen graphics,(heartgold mainly), is that in HG/SS, the graphics seemed anime like and that's one of the things I loved about it.
But overall, game freak should stick with the Gen V setup.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
No we need to keep the 3D, gen 4 had bland visuals.
No point in downgrading.

If nintendo make the change to 3d they should do it properly. No 3d city on ds a 3d game on 3ds. Battle revolution style. Basically semi 3d dosent work for pokemon.

Widdowson94

If I had to choose I would rather have the new updated graphics, but I would prefer it if they made your Pokemon in battle less Pixelated; it just doesn't look right compared to how clean the oppositions Pokemon looks. Although I did really like the Polygonal 3D I just can't resist the new look of Pokemon, especially now I am so used to seeing it.

abdulmuhsee

As far as the graphics are concerned, animated sprites are a huge leap forward, and I don't feel they depart from the original "game design" at all. They're still using artistic sprites and not 3D models, and I'm fine with that. After playing BW, the lack of sprite animations is very noticeable in the older games.

As far as the region design is concerned, I do feel that Sinnoh was superior. I also feel that the regions should not be based on actual countries/continents, since it's a bit strange that in BW, I'm obviously from a town in Florida when looking at the map... yet it's not Florida... and somehow I can walk or ride my bike the entire span of the U.S. in hardly any time at all. Weird.

Flare♥

Fire Team User
I personally like the new 3-D style and how all the pokemon move and such and close there eyes when they sleep. Now if they could get them to acutally fall when takened out and move differently for all their respective moves, that would just be icing on the cake. Though all of that would be hard on a handheld, but not for a consol. Also before anyway says I just like the 5th gen, I have played pokemon since R/B to G/S/C/ then a huge gap to SS/HG and now B/W

ForeverFlame

This thread makes no sense. Gen V and Gen IV graphics are nearly identical. The graphical upgrade between the two generations has been the least significant since Pokemon began.

Most of the sprites are rehashes from Diamond and Pearl. The only major addition is the animations, and even they look pretty dated (better animations have been done on the SNES 20 years ago).

Something has to be wrong with you if you'd choose the Diamond and Pearl overworlds over Black and White's. DP had a bland and uninspired overworld. If it wasn't for the 3D (yes, DP were also in 3D) DP could have easily been for the GBA. Black and White didn't exactly push the DS's graphical capabilities either, but it did make a better use of them (the bridges, the moving camera, better depth in the overworld).

Also, stylistically Gen IV was pretty ugly. I hated the massive bobble heads and miniature bodies. Gen V was a lot less chibi than Gen IV was. Gen IV's towns all had the same boring tiles and houses. Gen V made sure that every town looked different from each other.

I could go on and on about how awful Gen IV was, honestly. But just know that Gen V is definitely an improvement and we're much better off than we were 5 years ago.

Vandslaux

I would hate to see pokemon games go to 3DS only.

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
As far as the region design is concerned, I do feel that Sinnoh was superior. I also feel that the regions should not be based on actual countries/continents, since it's a bit strange that in BW, I'm obviously from a town in Florida when looking at the map... yet it's not Florida... and somehow I can walk or ride my bike the entire span of the U.S. in hardly any time at all. Weird.

Not sure what you mean by this. Unova is technically smaller than Sinnoh if you take into account what they were based off of in real life: Unova is the NYC metropolitan area while Sinnoh is the entire island of Hokkaido and some of Sakhalin.

TheEliteEmpoleon

As much as I like Gen. IV, I'm gonna have to say no. The graphics, if anything are what will be improved in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.