• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Rush

Gen IV is 3D. Gen V is 3D also.

Gen V's map engine is just a modified version of Gen IV's engine. The changes in Gen V allows rail-based movement rather than grid-based movement, which allows for stuff like multi-directional paths, which is shown off most prominently in Castelia City and surrounding areas. To further make it seem more "3D", Gen V's camera is at a lower angle than Gen IV's camera.

It's a common misconception that Gen IV is "2.5D". Gen IV is full 3D. It has a camera that can be exploited with cheat codes to look just like Gen V (although Gen V will still look better just because it has prettier textures in general). The playing field is made up of a bunch of "sections", each section being a giant square plane with stuff on it. Each "section" is a 3D model. I know this because I'm a member of a ROM hacking forum that has someone who is developing a map editor for the DS games.

Enistre

Gen V's Pokemon look absolutely hideous and ridiculously pixelated. I like everything about Gen V except for the Pokemon. And let's be honest. You're still only seeing the back of the Pokemon. A bigger view of the back, but still just the back. And not to mention, the animations? A slight 'bounce'? Pffft. Please give me back IV.

I want it to be as simple as pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. But that will never happen.

With simple i mean no 3d effects, no sprites moving, GameBoy-like music, etc.

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
Honestly, I didn't really like the Gen IV graphics, I really liked Gen V graphics though.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I don't really find any use in going back to the former Gens. Each one is an improvement from the former.
But if the technology is there, they could give you an option to change the view.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I don't really find any use in going back to the former Gens. Each one is an improvement from the former.
But if the technology is there, they could give you an option to change the view.

I think the technology is there... with the whole key system and all. If they really wanted to, they could do a game with every region, and you get to unlock the region you start in on other games, kinda like the whole challenge level one ;)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Pokemon will only move forward, as with everything else in life. If anyone wants older 'simplistic' styles they have plenty of games already for that.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I think the technology is there... with the whole key system and all. If they really wanted to, they could do a game with every region, and you get to unlock the region you start in on other games, kinda like the whole challenge level one ;)

Yeah I've thought about that before, as I am sure most people have. Definitely neat concept, I could see them doing that as added downloadable content. But the whole thing with that is, why release DLC for like 15-20 when you can release the same content on cartridge for 40.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
I want it to be as simple as pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. But that will never happen.

With simple i mean no 3d effects, no sprites moving, GameBoy-like music, etc.

I think G/S/C has had the best pokemon sprites. They just evolved so much from R/B. They are my favorite to look at.

I'm fine with the 3D approach though... Although not in Pokemon sprites.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Just fix up the back sprites, longer Pokemon animations and Pokemon following and I'll be on the gravy train for pretty much life!

Bananarama

The light is coming
Accessability on the touch-screen was a plus, as well as walking pokes. Man, I wish they added that to BW2...

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~
No, I really like the 3d for the new game pokemon x & y :3
It looks terrific :D

Status
Not open for further replies.