• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Dawn and Misty will ever meet?

Do you think they will meet?

• Total voters

Semidos

Pokeshipper
I think they should meet each other. Sinnoh League is good place.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Will threads by Cyber like these ever stop?

Never say never, that's all I'll say.

Agree they will never meet each other in my opinion, and this is not supposed to happen.

Profesco

gone gently
I don't see any need for it. If they met, it would be a rather unimportant, "oh, well whatever" sort of moment. Besides, the sooner Dawn is written off and forgotten, the sooner we get to move on to better things.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Sadly i dont think they will.All he does lately is creating threads about Misty with one sole purpose to degrade this character,claiming ridiculous stuff about her(which doesnt hold any thruth to it),praising Hoenn and putting Johto down.

Its really starting to be annoying,and it seems how discussion about her(thnks to haters who are posing more of a problem,than fans) cannot be done in civilized and reasonable way without bashing being included.
^This.
I don't see any need for it. If they met, it would be a rather unimportant, "oh, well whatever" sort of moment. Besides, the sooner Dawn is written off and forgotten, the sooner we get to move on to better things.
^and this.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well if they don't meet, they'll be remembered as the only two major characters who never met.

Kind of like how May never met Gary, but he's still a rival and not as important as the others.

Champion Jared 14

Well, I assume that Dawn is going to be axxed after Sinnoh so no, I don't think they will meet. Seems like another one of those pointless encounters.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Executive notice: The instant I notice bickering about Misty in this thread, it's closed. No exceptions will be granted. I have half a mind to close this now, but you've all been behaving yourselves so far. I recommend keeping it that way.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Interesting theory:

a) What reason would Dawn have to go to Pallet Town? May went there because the next region took place in Kanto, but unless Dawn is doing contests in Kanto next, what reason would she be there?

b) A Pallet Town ep doesn't always mean a Misty appearance. The last AG episode was at Pallet Town, and Misty was not there. While she will probably be there this time due to the 270+ episode gap of when she last appeared, (it'll be nearly 300 eps by the time Sinnoh is done), do we know Dawn will be there as well?

From the way this gen is playing out, it's quite possible the writers never really intended to have the two meet.

pokemon fan 132

Interesting theory:

a) What reason would Dawn have to go to Pallet Town? May went there because the next region took place in Kanto, but unless Dawn is doing contests in Kanto next, what reason would she be there?

b) A Pallet Town ep doesn't always mean a Misty appearance. The last AG episode was at Pallet Town, and Misty was not there. While she will probably be there this time due to the 270+ episode gap of when she last appeared, (it'll be nearly 300 eps by the time Sinnoh is done), do we know Dawn will be there as well?

From the way this gen is playing out, it's quite possible the writers never really intended to have the two meet.

Well now that you think about it,it is posibillity that Dawn could part off not going with Ash and Brock to Pallet,but than again taking into account that lure which was brought up(Dawn seened interest into her) its possible that writers perhaps are planning to have those two meet afterall.

Also what can possibly guarantee that Misty wont show up somewhere else instead of Pallet,with writers avoiding repetitive scenario second time around?Of course in Sinnoh probably not,unless Misty comes in person at Sinnoh league(sure she didnt came for Hoenn,but given the long gap of absence who can say that this time around this wont happen?).
For all we know she could even return to cast for next region(this option has the least probabillity despite reasons for it and how great this would be).

Going by Sinnoh,and return of long ol time forgotten characters like Gary,Butch and Cassidy,Jessibelle almost everything is to expect.

Possible scenarios of Dawn and Misty having meeting:
-At Sinnoh league
-at Pallet Town with Dawn heading toward it with Ash.
-one of options was for filler arc(but given the new turn of events,it seems this isnt anymore optional).
-Dawn staying for next region,and Misty joining group finally meeting.

Of course some of above examples are not very likely,but i provided all options which would allow their meeting.

If they dont however this would be a shame because both Dawn and Misty are great characters,and their meetzing could made interesting encounter.May and Misty had pretty good chemistry forming nice friendship,and given the(of course both have matured but this was always present) Dawn being girly and Misty being hotheaded they could develop good relationship.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, I don't think a Sinnoh league appearance is too likely. Mainly because she'd just be stuck in the background sitting in the stands as the league would be going on, essentially making her do nothing during her re-appearance. I think that's why they also don't have Oak/Delia show up anymore, if you remember they were not at the Hoenn league either.

I do expect her to cameo by showing her watching Ash's matches on TV. So if that counts, I guess she will "appear" during Sinnoh, even though she likely won't get a speaking role and will only be shown for 3-4 seconds watching on TV.

pokemon fan 132

Well she woudnt tehnically doing nothing seeing how she would interact with group,and support Ash during his Sinnoh performance but yes she probably wont come to sinnoh league.

However one of fans theories which is going around is about Misty coming up until start of Sinnoh tournament(couple of episodes before it) with going something for her(like introducement o new water type revealing possible 5th generation or to come for some tournament or arc),later on staying for Sinnoh league to support Ash this time around.

Another one is coming to Sunnyshore,for something meeting up with group there.

As i said not very likely but i decided to bring up this since its one of posibillities.

A lot of people are saying it would be a pointless meeting.
Well, I wouldn't think that. Didn't Dawn get slightly jealous after hearing about Misty? A rivalry/bickering meet between them both would be hilarious.
Tomboy meets a girly girl. Good times.

That's just my opinion anyway.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Didn't Dawn get slightly jealous after hearing about Misty? A rivalry/bickering meet between them both would be hilarious.
Tomboy meets a girly girl. Good times.

She just wanted to use the lure, she had no reaction to hearing about Misty herself.

Madame Pika

I don't really see any reason why they can't meet. Misty's still an interesting character. That said I don't want her to return unless they further her story more. Just appearing so she could meet Dawn or something like that wouldn't really be too interesting and if they finished her story off then she wouldn't need to appear in the future so finishing her story though an apperence has advantages to both her haters and her fans.

I'm a Misty fan BTW.

pokemon fan 132

I That said I don't want her to return unless they further her story more.

Well if she were to return writers would obviously further her story more,providing reason behind coming back giving her something to do cnnected with her ambitions naturally.Afterall her story was never finished like her goal of water pokemon master,not knowing much about her and backstory leaving lot of unused material to develop her and her pokemon more,doing alot with it.

then she wouldn't need to appear in the future so finishing her story though an apperence has advantages to both her haters and her fans.

Eh its impossible to finish her story through appearance which is usually consisted of one or two episodes.In order to become water master,it takes lot of time,travelling and learning more about water types,competing and winning water based competitions like Whirl Cup)which is needed),aswell battling strng trainers.

However returning for a season or two would allow to bring her closer toward what she wants to accomplish showing indiation in what way she could go later on in future and displaying her progress.

And i dont care what haters have to say,limiting such a great and interesting character like Misty is to get just one mere appearance in future being witten of completely after that would be huge injustice and a truly tragic thing both for fanbase and this show.

That being said talking about Mistys and Dawn meeting,as i said before it would make for interesting encounter.I can imagine them being friendly toward each other forming nice friendship like it happened with May first time around and judging by Dawn interest in that lure in episode "Buizel Your Way Out This",it seems she would like to meet her.

Last edited:

J-boogie200

Well if she were to return writers would obviously further her story more,providing reason behind coming back giving her something to do cnnected with her ambitions naturally.Afterall her story was never finished like her goal of water pokemon master,not knowing much about her and backstory leaving lot of unused material to develop her and her pokemon more,doing alot with it.

Eh its impossible to finish her story through appearance which is usually consisted of one or two episodes.In order to become water master,it takes lot of time,travelling and learning more about water types,competing and winning water based competitions like Whirl Cup)which is needed),aswell battling strng trainers.

However returning for a season or two would allow to bring her closer toward what she wants to accomplish showing indiation in what way she could go later on in future and displaying her progress.

And i dont care what haters have to say,limiting such a great and interesting character like Misty is to get just one mere appearance in future being witten of completely after that would be huge injustice and a truly tragic thing both for fanbase and this show.

That being said talking about Mistys and Dawn meeting,as i said before it would make for interesting encounter.I can imagine them being friendly toward each other forming nice friendship like it happened with May first time around and judging by Dawn interest in that lure in episode "Buizel Your Way Out This",it seems she would like to meet her.

I completely agree! Misty and Dawn are my top 2 favorite characters, with May as well.

I have faith they'll meet. Misty will be seen again, she wasn't in the last opening for nothing.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I have faith they'll meet. Misty will be seen again, she wasn't in the last opening for nothing.

The "High Touch" opening is over. Misty did not appear in any of those DP eps that the High Touch opening was used for. Misty wasn't in the third DP opening.

Also, Misty was in both Battle Frontier openings yet she didn't actually appear in any of those BF episodes. Remember Misty on the playing card in BF?

Those openings are intended to be tributes to past characters, and as seen, just because you're in an opening does not mean you'll appear in any of those episodes. Otherwise Misty would have been in DP by now, or in those BF eps.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
For what reason? They wouldn't be together long enough to develop a dynamic in all likelihood, which would make it pointless. Just one blast-away-team-rocket at best.

J-boogie200

The "High Touch" opening is over. Misty did not appear in any of those DP eps that the High Touch opening was used for. Misty wasn't in the third DP opening.

Also, Misty was in both Battle Frontier openings yet she didn't actually appear in any of those BF episodes. Remember Misty on the playing card in BF?

Those openings are intended to be tributes to past characters, and as seen, just because you're in an opening does not mean you'll appear in any of those episodes. Otherwise Misty would have been in DP by now, or in those BF eps.

I know, I just love being optimistic.

I understand the reality of the show, I mean, what's stopping you from wondering if a certain released pokemon of Ash's is to appear in this League.

I know you know who I'm talking about!

Exactly