• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Dawn/Hikari is a boring character now? {Possible spoilers}

silverdragonlaura

Go with the current
I think Dawn is a little bit dull....
I don't like her too much 'cause she's way too much like a girly girl.
(not that there's anything wrong with that really.... It just annoys me.)
plus the fact that she has all cutsie pokemon ('cept for ambipom.... *shivers*)
doesn't really help her much. (at least May had a variety of pokemon, all of Dawn's are too cutsie, If she would've kept Buizel that would have made her a bit different.)

bookist

shes funny at times (with chimchar hair and mismatched clothes) at other times she is too predictable though

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I think you should give Dawn more time. They're barely at the second badge!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn's been here for about 65 episodes now, so that's actually quite a while if you think about it. If D/P lasts for 200 episodes like AG did, then you can say about 1/4 of Dawn's run might be already over.

If Dawn gets a second round of Contests after Sinnoh, I hope to god she gets new rivals. While I think Kenny and Zoey are purely ok, I honestly can't see the writers stretching the already paper-thin personalities of these rivals into another region.

The problem is Zoey and Kenny are probably going to last as long as Dawn does, and that leaves little room for new coordinators to enter the arc especially with Nando around too.

I think the people complaining about Dawn just want her to interact with better rivals.

serena

I think that the authors are paying too much attention to her and not doing that with the other characters.When they replaced misty with may it wasn't boring because both of them were different but dawn is just like another may.I mean seriously,I like her but she is getting to be boring.No offense to anyone who likes her.

serena

I think that the authors are paying too much attention to her and not doing that with the other characters.When they replaced misty with may it wasn't boring because both of them were different but dawn is just like another may.I mean seriously,I like her but she is getting to be boring.No offense to anyone who likes her.

Dawn's been here for about 65 episodes now, so that's actually quite a while if you think about it. If D/P lasts for 200 episodes like AG did, then you can say about 1/4 of Dawn's run might be already over.

If Dawn gets a second round of Contests after Sinnoh, I hope to god she gets new rivals. While I think Kenny and Zoey are purely ok, I honestly can't see the writers stretching the already paper-thin personalities of these rivals into another region.

The problem is Zoey and Kenny are probably going to last as long as Dawn does, and that leaves little room for new coordinators to enter the arc especially with Nando around too.

I think the people complaining about Dawn just want her to interact with better rivals.

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head its her rivals. They need to replace them with some better or else people won't find her contests intresting. That's one of the problems I have with her storyline, Zoey and Kenny are friends so it makes things less fun. Hopefully they'll zip it up with some thing exciting or else I'll keep zoning out every time her storyline comes on. Also I hope she wins some time soon agian. But her character is fun yah know? Glad they at least had one of her Pokemon evolved into a none cute Pokemon LOL. That's at least a little different for her team.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Nope, I don't find her boring at all. And probably never will considering how much I watch Diamond and Pearl over and over again.

absoluteSoul

Yeah, 421 combos!
I hate how it seems like the writers are treating her like some kind of a dress-up doll. It feels like every other episode, Dawn will be wearing something new. Cheerleader outfit, maid outfit... She looks great, but enough's enough. It's getting really tiring and boring. No offense...

As for her character, I don't really care much. I'm glad to she's going through some character development right now though. But I think other characters need good character development as well.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I hate how it seems like the writers are treating her like some kind of a dress-up doll. It feels like every other episode, Dawn will be wearing something new.
In over a year of DP, Dawn has worn precisely three outfits beside her normal one.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
In over a year of DP, Dawn has worn precisely three outfits beside her normal one.

He's probably counting the ending themes. By my count Dawn has worn:

- Pink contest dress
- Green contest dress in her imagination
- Magician Tux in D/P 1
- Cheerleading outfit
- Maid outfit
- Yellow bikini
- Red Contest dress in D/P ending 1
- Blue Contest dress in new D/P ending
- Bunch of outfits in the ending credits for Movie 10

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
And the Piplup- costume in the dream ep a few weeks ago. She does wear a lot of outfits compared to the others.

I think they are trying to make Zoey both a rival, friend and sort of off screen teacher to Dawn (i.e. see the Miltank ep). If they succeed in that both she and Dawns character traits would become even better. So while Zoey (and Kenny) lacks things today they will become more and more explored as time goes by. And seeing the Miltank ep we know that Dawn has a lot of things going on in her head/mind. So no, she is not boring at all.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He's probably counting the ending themes. By my count Dawn has worn:

- Pink contest dress
- Green contest dress in her imagination
- Magician Tux in D/P 1
- Cheerleading outfit
- Maid outfit
- Yellow bikini
- Red Contest dress in D/P ending 1
- Blue Contest dress in new D/P ending
- Bunch of outfits in the ending credits for Movie 10

What about the really regal medevil type dress she had on a few moments later? doesn't that count as well?

I don't really care where they take her, all i know is she needs to start winning some contest's cause the losing thing is getting to be rediculious.

It's like the writers are taking the long length of sinnoh out on Ash and Dawn by having them lose alot...

latios reborn

they are trying to make it go longer well even drag it out for some reason

Dax

Legend
What about the really regal medevil type dress she had on a few moments later? doesn't that count as well?

I don't really care where they take her, all i know is she needs to start winning some contest's cause the losing thing is getting to be rediculious.

It's like the writers are taking the long length of sinnoh out on Ash and Dawn by having them lose alot...

I actually think it's interesting that she's losing. She doesn't have the experience that ash has so for her it makes sense.

It's moments when she cries and when she is depressed that shows that contests are more serious and require hard work. That's something I felt Hoenn failed to portray. I love that she lost those two contests because we can actually see development in her.

Ugh. I don't like Dawn very much. She sucks at contests and that's the main reason I don't like her. Sad, I know, but hey!! It's my reason and I'm sticking with it until she improves her contest abilities and doesn't get big-headed about it.
Though, upon saying that, I suppose Dax has a point. The contests are probably being portrayed better due to the fact that Dawn's a rookie. If that's true, though, then she shouldn't have got an Ambipom so damn soon.

Last edited: