• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Dawn will return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Because if wanted and feel there exists future potential, writers could write sequel exploring further Dawn character.

The "anything's possible" scenario sounds cute on paper, but the writers have no reason to want to give her closure imo. They have several characters whose stories are unfinished: It'd be odd for them to choose her of all characters to show up again when she had her turn in BW.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
The "anything's possible" scenario sounds cute on paper, but the writers have no reason to want to give her closure imo. They have several characters whose stories are unfinished: It'd be odd for them to choose her of all characters to show up again when she had her turn in BW.

I say her and piplup's popularity would be the reason they choose her but thats if she even returns to begin with. who knows maybe they could take turns? After Dawn they could focus on Brock or Misty

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I say her and piplup's popularity would be the reason they choose her but thats if she even returns to begin with. who knows maybe they could take turns? After Dawn they could focus on Brock or Misty

It's Iris's "turn" though. Dawn got hers three years ago. There's no way she deserves to show up before Iris imo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
It's Iris's "turn" though. Dawn got hers three years ago. There's no way she deserves to show up before Iris. :rolleyes:

I didnt really mean Dawn returning during XY. I dont hate iris but honestly iris wasnt a well received character like she constantly gets shade thrown her way all the time so if more than half of the fanbase hates her who is honestly going to care or watch if she returns even if she deserves to, i read comments saying if she does return people just wont watch her episodes and thats not going to help X and Y's already declining veiwership.

pokemon fan 132

I agree completly Dawn's Story or any other characters stories are not finished
Misty and Iris never fully became the best type masters like they wanted to be
Dawn/May never became top coordinators
Max still never became a pokemon trainer
Brock is not yet the pokemon doctor he wanted to be
so there is potential in bringing these characters back maybe not as traveling companions but maybe a show like chronicles exploring what they are up too

In regards to girl pokemon trainers. Actually Misty isn't even close to water master. It means becoming strongest water trainer in world being on rank with E4 members. Because E4 members are best mono trainers in world and Misty idolize Lorelei from E4 wanting to become strong like her one day. Interesting fact us that E4 Siebold from Kalos is marked in games as water master.

With Whirl Cup and connection between "Alpha Omega of water pokemon!" title winner gets there with water master title. It was proved how winning that tournaments is needed to come closer toward water master title. Revealing there exists task and competitions you need to enter and win to reach Misty dream, just like its case with contests and coordinators.

Misty didn't learned how to use her pokemon to full potential(like Psyduck)and there exists many unexplained things about her past(like parents, bigphobia, why she wants to become recognized water master), fears, unresolved feelings etc.

Giving material to see her go on journey entering water tournaments, learning about ways of using pokemon to full potential(like mega evolution)and work on becoming E4 apprentice making big step forward in her career.

Same goes for Iris. Title of dragon master is said to be assigned by people from dragon village to exceptional dragon trainers who learned how to read this specie feelings conecting on them on such close level. That they work like one in battle as partners along with learning how to use them in most productive way. All tests and tasks in how to reach such recognition and earn title from village in Iris case wasn't fully revealed and she still has long way to go with her Axew who was enthrusted to her in order to evolve and have Iris learn dragon secrets and deepest motives, ambitions, strength that way. But with Dragonite as well still existing dissent in their bond.

But yes pretty much all of them including May, Dawn, Brock, Cilan etc have unresolved conflicts, unfinished dreams and open plots in story to warrant continuaton of their development. Playing important role in Pokemon series again.

You misunderstood. Im not advocating for Dawn and only Dawn return. Im supporting return of all replaced main characters and truthfully if i were to ask Misty deserve to return first before anyone else due to extemely long absence and having ton of untapped potential that she coud easily work as main character again.

But objecively speaking all of them deserve to remain aive and existing in pokemon whether its throug special subseries dedicated to them, recurring roles in main anime or as traveling partners again receiving follow up from where writers left their future and stories.

With current stance: "this characters had their time, new characters should always get priority". It imposes question on its own:

When will be than acceptable to return any of replaced main characters(be it Dawn,Mity,Cilan etc, etc)???
If center of attention will always and only be new set of friends Ash receives when entering new generatioin or recently replaced main characters from past saga who didn't got their obligatory one time deal(one short cameo before fading into oblivion).

When was last time we saw many of this characters ?

I have hard time believing people aren't interested in seeing writers investing more in all those characters we grew to like caring for their stories, dreams and all those fun quirks adding to appeal of their personalities.
Giving them some recognition and acknowledgment of their existence and all that potential existing inside them to deliver more mneaningfful, exciting and original changes to story.

Than any new character could in reality bring because of lacking history, established groundwork, formed pokemon team or friendship with others like Ash. To undergo bigger challenges, explore on their personalities and relationships with others on more insightful level, explore more on their past and aspirations gaining bigger substance etc.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Gosh people please. Dawn won't return because of her not being a top coordinator. Her story and character development is done like May or Iris and there's no reason to bring her back. Even her BW cameo damaged her popularity in japan. I would also like to see her and other female sidekicks appear once more, but that's unlikely. Cilan was also nearly that popular in BW and there's no evidence for him coming back in XY.

It's Iris turn now.

pokemon fan 132

Gosh people please. Dawn won't return because of her not being a top coordinator. Her story and character development is done like May or Iris and there's no reason to bring her back. Even her BW cameo damaged her popularity in japan. I would also like to see her and other female sidekicks appear once more, but that's unlikely. Cilan was also nearly that popular in BW and there's no evidence for him coming back in XY.

It's Iris turn now.

I don't see it that way.

Some may had come close toward accomplishing what they wanted, we saw them overcome their fears, anxiety and obstacles. Defeat main opponent or achieve something of big importance adding to significance of journey and path they went through telling captivating and enjoyable story out of it.

But as long thee exists open plots, unfinished goals, ambitions, desires, conflicts in someone story, flaws than in essence we are dealing with product which is called unfinished character.

Having material,unanswered things and potential to warrant and justify further character development and exploration of someone story thgrough new ideas, plotlines and directions in which whatever was started before could go. That applies to Dawn as well.

With purpose of giving us climax and resolution of what writers started. Bring new fresh dimension to their characterization and show in restrospect how much they changed due to maturing, gaining more experience and starting to change opinion about pokemon and humans around themselves. As they face new challenges, new faces and tests.

Needless to say reason to return any of past main characters can always be found if among writer staff there exists incentive, desire and need top bring them back.
Because ultimately its writers themselves who create reasons and juistfication for everything.
Just like new games and sagas provide features and plots through which reuse of older pokemon can be warranted(like mega evolution), same can be transferred to older characters tying their story in future journeys to be of help for current anime while advancing their own goals and unsolved problems.

And generally speaking reasons to bring back someone from past will always exist.
If not for anything else than for continuity purposes, to acknowledge their existence being part of Ash life and pokemon story leaving big impact on it.
To please older fans giving us update and what they had been up to increasing on show popularity. And add more strength to pokemon journey and plot by twists and unexpected changes their comeback could cause for new characters and stories.
Staying faithful to message of pokemon beng show set still in same universe and timeline. Which can only be done if contact with past and what happened before is mantained in some amount(which pokemon show almost never does having because of that weak story and lot of inconsistencies).

Last edited:

Franckie

Do I think Dawn will return to the XY series? Well, it's possible, but I don't think it'll happen. I think the character most likely to return is May, and that's only because of the involvement of the Hoenn region (e.g. Scottie, Champion Steve). Even then, the odds are pretty slim. The feel I get for the Kalos saga is that the cast is self-contained, that characters from other sagas will not make guest appearances. I don't even think Professor Oak and Ash's mother will appear again, and even if they do, only at the very end.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I do not think Dawn will return. If she does, that's great, but it would probably only be for an episode. If we have a "big come back" I think it's more plausible to be Brock or even May.

Sprinter1988

If May returns as a promotion for ORAS then it is likely that Dawn will return for a promotion for any eventual Diamond/Pearl remakes. However, so far there is nothing to suggest that May is going to turn up so I doubt that Dawn ever will. They, like Misty, are gone and once she makes her obligatory return for a couple of episodes in X&Y, Iris will go the same way as will Serena in time.

Unless of course the writing staff change completely and the series is given a massive overhaul, but I doubt that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.