• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Dawn will return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catellen

No, I don't think Dawn will return and I seriously hope she doesn't. And I hope Serena, Clemont and Bonnie leave and never return again, too.

Mr. Oshawott

If the Coordinator Contests are anything to go by, I think Dawn has a chance of reappearing sometime in the future. However, I think the chance of that occurring is astronomical.

Don't understand why Misty was mentioned here. She's long gone and will never return. Especially seeing as how she's the least popular in Japan (Team Rocket was even preferred over her according to Takeshi. Anyways..

I do believe that Dawn has a strong chance of returning seeing as how she's the most developed/popular character in Japan. If not, we will see references to her. Kind of hoping May makes a return seeing as how Hoenn got a remake and all. Then it's for sure she'll return in the future D/P remakes. The Kalos region is perfect for her. Seeing as how she's modeling her Buneary.

PiplupHikari9

I would love it if she returned since she is the closes thing to a Second protagonist we have gotten in pokemon. Even by bulbapedia's count Dawn has the most episodes focused on her and her pokemon than any other female before and after. so it would feel like a waste if she never returns again im hoping she can return as a traveling companion for ash in Gen 7 and also bring back contest battles to the anime

DanielSA

I know that we are talk about Dawn, but I wish that they made May return in some episodes because of the release of the ORAS. But they never did it :(

About the question, I think that Iris will return in some episodes, unfortunately. They always select the previous generation Pokégirl to come back.

I would love it if she returned since she is the closes thing to a Second protagonist we have gotten in pokemon. Even by bulbapedia's count Dawn has the most episodes focused on her and her pokemon than any other female before and after. so it would feel like a waste if she never returns again im hoping she can return as a traveling companion for ash in Gen 7 and also bring back contest battles to the anime

Exactly. Pretty much 80% of the reason why I want her make. She was a well fleshed out character than a lot of fan's can relate to and adored. Her popularity is high in Japan so Dawn's got the highest chance. Though Iris will most likely make her return just to play it fair. Love to see the interactions with Dawn and Ash. Serena will realize just how strong their relationship is which would result in some sort of jealousy perhaps.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion

i agree i would love if she returned next region with her piplup and catches pokemon from the next gen like ash does with pikachu and bring back contest battles to the anime

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Curious...how much ship tease was there between Ash and Dawn? Because that's impact how much of a clash between the two there'd be.

Honestly, though, I would like to see such a clash. Ash has been, to some certain extent, given subtext between his female companions, which may just have been fanservice(the shipping kind). I'd like to see a nod to the shipping conflict in the fandom, it'd be an amusing episode

LizardonX

Banned
We should be getting something about the DP remake's "Anna" at least.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
We should be getting something about the DP remake's "Anna" at least.

She'll probably be named something different than Anna. I would like to see a DP remake short with the DP remake Dawn in it similar to the oras short with oras May. I think anime Dawn is forever gone through unless she appears in a special of some kind.

chalkus

She'll probably be named something different than Anna. I would like to see a DP remake short with the DP remake Dawn in it similar to the oras short with oras May. I think anime Dawn is forever gone through unless she appears in a special of some kind.

Unlike May, Dawn is popular enough to warrant a comeback. I feel it's just a matter of time.

Commander Wrex

I see it both ways.

If the show goes by its own format and ways, Dawn won't come back outside of flashbacks.

If the show however does break off some of the format like it has in XY, then Dawn should make her comeback, and perhaps make some sort of an amused run at a Showcase much to the chagrin of Serena. (I can imagine the war of Pearlshippers/Amourshippers all around, haha.)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I do believe that Dawn has a strong chance of returning seeing as how she's the most developed/popular character in Japan.

I feel that she had her time in DP (and even a few episodes in BW). It feels like she peaked back then, and I can't imagine what more development she'd need, plus she'd have nothing to do in XY imo.

Buizel97

Pokemon Champion

Now that i think of it they put more focus into dawn than anyone else so it would be a waste to to forget that forever but then again pokemon just loves doing that for ash's companions. My biggest hope is for Dawn to travel with ash again sometime in the future maybe she will leave her pokemon except piplup and catch new ones like ash does and also compete in contests again

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If the show however does break off some of the format like it has in XY, then Dawn should make her comeback, and perhaps make some sort of an amused run at a Showcase much to the chagrin of Serena. (I can imagine the war of Pearlshippers/Amourshippers all around, haha.)

That war is why I want to see shipping favorites like Misty return. It's a twofer-I get to laugh at the flame apocalypses that'll occur, and we get the chance of the anime recognizing the shipping community's more aggressive side

Altinator

Standby for Battle!!
If I ever get to see Dawn again in the Pokemon Anime, I would like to see the huge competition for "claiming" Ash as her own. (vs Serena) If y'all get what I mean lol. That goes for any other female traveling companion that Ash traveled with.

Shiny pokemon lower

I don't think Dawn will Return anymore. None of Ash's older travelling Companions have shown up more than once after they're leaving the main cast, so no.

Rank up! I'm now a Glacier Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.