• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Dawn will return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I really don't think Dawn is going to return again. It could become very controversial.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I really don't think Dawn is going to return again. It could become very controversial.
While I agree with the initial part of your statement I don't really see how it'd be controversial. Especially seeing as how popular Dawn is, I'd expect a lot of people to be happy with such a decision really.

While I agree with the initial part of your statement I don't really see how it'd be controversial. Especially seeing as how popular Dawn is, I'd expect a lot of people to be happy with such a decision really.

Well if Dawn gets to come back then people are going to start asking for others, and then it could be quite a dilemma for the writers.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Well if Dawn gets to come back then people are going to start asking for others, and then it could be quite a dilemma for the writers.
That would imply the writers actually care about fan complaints.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I doubt she would return, especially since she did once already in BW. BUT...if she did return, especially near the end of the series, say during the Master Class, it would actually give me a ray of hope that Serena would travel to the next region with Ash and do Contests, courtesy of Dawn's influence.

Shiny pokemon lower

I don't think she will Return now. Not in the main anime at last. If it comes DP-remakes she have a slim chance to some sort of return, but I'm not sure.

TokyoSkye

She could for DP remakes since it is obvious they will remake every game. It is funny but every past girl except Iris has a reason to show up in XY. And no I am not hating Iris. Iris ok but the whole Mega Gaburias story seems to have been done already and unless we get Gen 6.5 or just a Mega for Ononokus I don't see it.

But having Hikari return for something related for fashion would be perfect for Kalos. Was she not studying about fashion in Isshu before her reappearance? Would be cool if she ended up making an outfit for Serena. :)

She has done what every Poke girl has done: show up in the next region for a few episodes.

It will be Iris who will surely show up in Kalos.

Funny how it is really only the girls. The guys either return to the main cast or get a fair chunk of eps as we saw in DP with a certain researcher.

Last edited:

TokyoSkye

Since May didn't show up for the R/S remakes, I doubt Dawn would for D/P remakes.

There is still time though. Gen 6 is not over. FR/LG love lasted till Gen 3 was over. With that said I have come to the point I have stopped expecting patterns from past series with how XY will go down. A lot of past patterns have been broken even up to the whole past girl appearing. Doesn't mean the gen 5 girl won't mind you but almost 90 eps in this is a record. My point being it's not over till it's over. Considering how it seemed they were trying to make Kalos and Hoenn related in XY and ORAS I would not be shocked the 2016 game furthers this and we may get some past stuff in the anime assuming they need to fill time before Gen 7. With that said who returns depends on the writers and could be someone really random for all we know. :)

ChampionRed

The only way Dawn will return is if Gamefreak decides to remake Diamond and Pearl. Even then its still a slight chance of Dawn making an appearance, since May didn't show up to promote her remakes. Instead ORAS got special episodes to promote it.

DP remakes will probably get 3 ~ 4 special episodes to promote it.

That war is why I want to see shipping favorites like Misty return. It's a twofer-I get to laugh at the flame apocalypses that'll occur, and we get the chance of the anime recognizing the shipping community's more aggressive side

Prefer not to have another Incident like the last time (Pearlshipping). Since Amourshipping is pretty big, hopefully it doesn't effect Serebii once they realize the one sided crush doesn't become canon.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only way Dawn will return is if Gamefreak decides to remake Diamond and Pearl. Even then its still a slight chance of Dawn making an appearance, since May didn't show up to promote her remakes. Instead ORAS got special episodes to promote it.
Plus they've now got Scottie/Sawyer to help promote the games too

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Well, when it comes to fashion, I say Dawn will have a good chance to return. If there's a DP remake, then Dawn's chances of her return will increase.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If there's a DP remake, then Dawn's chances of her return will increase.

Not necessarily since May didn't show up for the R/S remakes. Dawn's in the same boat as her anyway: Her story's essentially been wrapped up.

pokemon fan 132

To Lorde:

To be fair.
I doubt status of Dawn story would decide whether character can comeback or not. Because if wanted and feel there exists future potential, writers could write sequel exploring further Dawn character. Or May, or just about any other replaced main character.

Not that i agree with Dawn or May story being wrapped up either.
Because in nutshell as long they didn't achieved their goals, fulfilled their aspirations, as long there exists unsolved conflicts and rivalries. Or brought up things from their past, pokemon etc which werent exploited, but there exists room and space for future character development.

Than such characters stories are left unfinished having space for follow up not being objective and fair that only Ash story and everything pokemon introduce around him reeceive one day conclusion.

So i don't think writers would had problems in finding potential and justification to do more with Dawn.
Same goes for May, Cilan, Iris, Misty(who was left with completely uncleared future, unfinished dreams and what will come out of her and story which has enormous potential, but was left forgotten alongside all that development she went through).

Personally im always open toward older main character return. Reason being i guess is because im MUCH more interested in what they had been up to,what twists they would be capable of injecting in today show format and enjoy in their likable personalities.

Than its case with new characters who have yet to earn my sympathy developing care for them.

Buizel97

Pokemon Champion
I agree completly Dawn's Story or any other characters stories are not finished
Misty and Iris never fully became the best type masters like they wanted to be
Dawn/May never became top coordinators
Max still never became a pokemon trainer
Brock is not yet the pokemon doctor he wanted to be
so there is potential in bringing these characters back maybe not as traveling companions but maybe a show like chronicles exploring what they are up too

Status
Not open for further replies.