• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Dento will have as big an influence on Ash as Brock did?

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Brock had a lot of influence on Ash, usually keeping him out of trouble, guiding him in the right direction, giving him valuable advice, and helping him out in tough situations. He was more like Ash's brother than his friend and you could tell that Brock's opinion mattered a lot to him.

So do you think Dento will be as influential?

I personally don't. I think Ash will be depending on himself a lot more this time around. Of course Dento is going to cook and give Ash advice, but he doesn't seem very big brother like and I don't see Ash depending on him as much as he did Brock.

Discuss.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Can't we just wait till Best Wishes starts airing?? Apart from some arbitrary characteristics of Dento, we basically know next to nothing about him. So as long as we don't see him in one or two episodes, there's nothing to speculate about how he might influence Ash and whatnot

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Ash knows what to do in different situations like when pokemon are sick, from Brock's experience. Now I'm sure he will know what to do, but Dento will probably teach him something, depends on his personality and the plot.

kemal07

We don't know Dento's character yet so it's too early to say. At the start obviously people would look at Dento in an awkward way as Brock has been in the Anime too long but after like 10 episodes or so after Dento gets his debut I'm sure everyone would see Dento just as important as Brock.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Ash is a grown trainer now, not a beginner. Had Dento been there when Ash was a rookie, he'd have lots of influence, but that probably won't happen now. I won't be surprised if its Ash who is influencing Dento.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I don't think so. I don't see how Dento will influence Ash more, first, it's becoz he's around Ash's age IMO, he doesn't have that mature look like Brocko, he doesn't seem that much experienced like Brock either, second, Ash is no rookie, he's a much more experienced trainer now, I don't think there's more 4 Dento to teach him...

BlueDragonfangirl

I think they'll just grow to be really good friends, I'm sure Ash will shock Dento with his friendship towards his Pokemon.

Bubblewrap

I don't think so. Of course we don't know him yet, but as Ash isn't a rookie anymore there's nothing really Dento can teach him. I think it'll be quite awkward with Dento at the league stalls in a few years time, though.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I don't think so. Of course we don't know him yet, but as Ash isn't a rookie anymore there's nothing really Dento can teach him. I think it'll be quite awkward with Dento at the league stalls in a few years time, though.

As we've seen plenty of times in the past, Ash can still be pretty dumb when it comes to pokemon, no matter how much experience he's gained prior to a new region, so I think Dento will help in that area. I just don't see him and Ash developing a brotherly bond like Ash had with Brock.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
When Tracey showed up to replace him, he didn't do a good job, I hope Dento doesn't stay too long like Brock did. Maybe have him replaced after BW is over with someone new. Because Brock won't come back to babysit anymore.