• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Ditto should be banned?

TerraWolf

Banned
Well, for one, they're called under and never used for a reason. You won't be seeing them just anyway.

And besides, it doesn't take much knowledge to know to use super power rather then ice punch on an Azumarill or whatever, so actually, it doesn't take much knowledge to know how to use ditto. It just requires that you are familiar with moves and types.

aka familiar with most of the metagame, which is what I said

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
alot of my friends HATE my ditto, it's never gonna be banned. It doesn't require the most in-depth strategy, and its somewhat fun to use.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Found one on the Battle Subway...(was most likely hacked due to being shiny and being from an English game)...I should have used put that Chansey to sleep and then used Substitute again but no, I was acting so cool and I destroyed it with my Modest max Special Attack Venusaur's Solarbeam at +6 in the sun. Then came Ditto, hit me first. Mamoswine almost had it with Ice Shard but there went off Solarbeam, booting me off the subway at battle 7 with a loss.

I hope this is a lesson to you, let the foe's sweeper set up until it can't no more, sacrifice what you have in play, then send out your Choice Scarf Ditto, you're almost guaranteed victory.

ParaChomp said:
I hope this is a lesson to you, let the foe's sweeper set up until it can't no more, sacrifice what you have in play, then send out your Choice Scarf Ditto, you're almost guaranteed victory.

Uh, no shit, that's rather obvious. However just seeing a Ditto in your opponents party is an obvious giveaway, and as such, can easily be played around.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Uh, no shit, that's rather obvious. However just seeing a Ditto in your opponents party is an obvious giveaway, and as such, can easily be played around.
Stoopid Battle Subway...

Also, watch your tongue, this is a kids' game we're talking about.

Vandslaux

Ditto isn't even that good in Ubers. The only Dragon that he can safely revenge is Rayquaza, as Dialga just Dragon Tails you out (and if you Dragon Tail, you're locked into a Scarf Dragon Tail, which is bad for reasons I don't care to explain), Palkia either survives with Haban Berry or risks a speed tie with Scarf. Zekrom can viably run Scarf, and if you DM it, you become setup fodder for Arceus, Ho-Oh, Blaziken, etc. Kyurem-B/W can both run Scarf, and Ditto can't switch into CB/Specs Outrage/DM/Freeze Shock.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
I hope they don't ban him. It is sooooooooo funny to watch as a ditto imposters haxorus and outrages it. This is the best revenge killer for dragons and ghosts. Plus, i think foes may rage quit if you try this on their fav pokemon. It counters some of the biggest sweepers in the ou relm. I hope it isnt banned. I don't want it banned.