• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Giovanni and Team Rocket will have a major role in the finale of Journeys?

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Considering there's a slight chance this may be Ash's final season, and the Masters 8 isnt' exactly the finale either..
Could it be that we get the very ultimate Team Rocket arc?

Perhaps tied to Project Mew, since Team Rocket has deep involvement with Mew (and of course Mewtwo) too.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Here's my opinion on the topic:

Imagine Rainbow Rocket appearing after the finals.

Ash Fighting Giovanni and (Mega X) Mewtwo (probably together with Leon)
Lance Fighting Archie and (Primal) Kyogre
Steven - Maxie and (Primal) Groudon
Cynthia - Cyrus and (Origin) Palkia
Iris - Ghetsis and Reshiram/Kyurem White
Diantha - Lysandre and Yyvaltal

Or we get honorable member Volo who fights Leon with his Giratina

@thedarkdragon11 polished it a bit with the following:

I also wanted to have Project Mew something to do with it.

BobbbidyBob

I doubt it but it would be cool, I’ll give you that

Psajdak

Giovanni is the biggest dissapointment as far as Pokemon villains are concerned.

He barely ever appeared over the course of 25 years, and even when when he did, he never really succeeded at anything.

For all intents and purposes, he is more like a morivational concept of TRio, similar to stealing Pikachu, or Ash becoming Pokemon Master.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Unless Project Mew is being funded by Giovanni and it is, unwittingly or otherwise, working for him, then no, I don't see Team Rocket as having a major role in Journeys' finale. However, the chances of Project Mew either being secretly funded by Team Rocket or actually being a part of it are significantly greater than zero.

BlueDragonfangirl

No and I don’t think it’s his last series either.

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly Ash should let the authorities handle Team Rocket. He would get killed taking them on.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hopefully not, but they have been messing with time and dimensions a lot, so Rainbow Rocket wouldn't be bad, but I don't want the tournament interrupted, do it after if we have time.

UnovaMaster

Mew should've been the giveaway here, they've been planning to tie Goh's arc into Team Rocket's final evil scheme

I am predicting Giovanni and Matori's arrest, which will make the TRio's decision for them

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly Ash should let the authorities handle Team Rocket. He would get killed taking them on.
Coming from the kid who didn’t lose his head against multiple evil teams already, this statement is rich.

DatsRight

I'm kinda hoping Journeys isn't the final run for Team Rocket simply because it would be such a whimper to leave them on, they've probably got the worst treatment out of all the returning characters.

A last second arc where they are actually the main antagonist wouldn't quite redeem it though it would be an interesting twist.

I always thought an ideal 'final showdown' with Ash and TR would be the TRio finally capturing Pikachu, and rather than stopping to gloat or celebrate, they make a run for it all the way to HQ, fending off all attempts to stop them. They finally get Pikachu all the way through to Giovanni's office but then in all their excitement and elation, wonder if this is REALLY what they want, for this to be their true end goal.

I suppose basically Pokemon Live! with more introspective for the TRio. :p

Sham

The Guardian of War
Hopefully. Honestly I've never been against TRio being in the anime. They're too divorced from the overall plot in terms of bad writing for me too what them gone. Their presence doesn't make the show any less worse and they're arguably just as well known as Ash and Pika. Them having a big role after not appearing that much would be awesome. Honestly excited they're going back to being League cheerleaders and keeping things funny and interesting

RetroPokeFan

At this rate considering how little this series has cared for not just Jessie, James and Meowth but Team Rocket as a whole...

Nah.

Giovanni will probably just show up at the end to say "Well done" to the trio for doing... ummm... things I guess, the whole Gacha thing will probably be retired and then it'll be back to business as usual for the trio.

Even the whole Project Mew arc probably won't have a villain and if they made say, Amaranth evil for some reason then that would really come out of left field as poor writing when he hasn't done much of anything to warrant it.

BobbbidyBob

At this rate considering how little this series has cared for not just Jessie, James and Meowth but Team Rocket as a whole...

Nah.

Giovanni will probably just show up at the end to say "Well done" to the trio for doing... ummm... things I guess, the whole Gacha thing will probably be retired and then it'll be back to business as usual for the trio.

Even the whole Project Mew arc probably won't have a villain and if they made say, Amaranth evil for some reason then that would really come out of left field as poor writing when he hasn't done much of anything to warrant it.
Yes he did, those project mew missions are messed up lol