• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Greninja will come back in pokemon sun and moon?

Do you think Ash's greninja will come back in sun and moon?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Not likely, but I hope it does

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
This is my first thread, and I thought I would start it out with a poll, since I'm pretty curious to see what people think.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I doubt it, because even though Ash-Greninja is in the games (granted only available by downloading it through the Sun and Moon Demo) its still a gen 6 Pokemon and all they care about is advertising the current generation

Good point. I still think it would be cool to see it though, even if its just for 1 filler episode or something. Heck, I would like seeing ash greninja show up in any other form of animated pokemon media entirely.

I voted the 3rd option

Basically, this series has made zero reference to XY/XYZ and I would like them to keep it that way. It’s also why I would rather them make a Serena special rather than a Serena cameo.

I just don’t think it would work within the narrative of this show. AG was a serious Pokémon with an equally dark past. XYZ was of course a more serious show so I don’t see them using a serious poke at all.

D

Deleted member 384931

I want that it returns, but idk if that will be happen. Altrough Greninja has a special demo version.... And xyz has indeed not many references. I just hope that he doesnt use Kanto Pokémon at the League, I am kinda sick of them at this point.

Ashton Ketchum

I sure - he will return. Because - his big popularity. Plus - Ash still not have good water type Pokemon. I think, he will return after Alola League, for arc against Ultra Necrozma, and to appease the fans after another failure in the League. Like Charizard in BW. And - I think hint on this is little scene in credits with Zygarde in US/UM.

D

Deleted member 384931

I sure - he will return. Because - his big popularity. Plus - Ash still not have good water type Pokemon. I think, he will return after Alola League, for arc against Ultra Necrozma, and to appease the fans after another failure in the League. Like Charizard in BW. And - I think hint on this is little scene in credits with Zygarde in US/UM.
Which hint and which failure??

Last edited by a moderator:

DatsRight

I just don’t think it would work within the narrative of this show. AG was a serious Pokémon with an equally dark past. XYZ was of course a more serious show so I don’t see them using a serious poke at all.

Yeah, I think to have Greninja fit into SM properly they'd either have to dial him back to his more comical Froakie personality (which I can see some complaining about) or keep him out of focus so he doesn't end up a buzzkill in the light hearted stories (which could also lead to people complaining why bother bringing him back).

Last edited:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Nope! This Greninja arc already done.
Let Rowlet and Torracat have their time to shine and evolve them into the final stage. Just like Like Torterra and Infernape in DP

Slapstick-Olivia

No. And I hope it will stay in the X&Y era. Nothing against Greninja, but it is just another fanservice driven Pokémon like Charizard, Eevee and Lucario. It had enough screentime for a while. Something I appreciate in SM that for once some other Pokémon can be the spotlight, even some that are not really that popular like Marowak or Garbodor.

Last edited:

Ashton Ketchum

Nope! This Greninja arc already done.
Let Rowlet and Torracat have their time to shine and evolve them into the final stage. Just like Like Torterra and Infernape in DP
He can return after League. After 8-10 episodes after League. And I sure - Rowlet and Torracat/Incineroar for this will got enough time.
And just - Greninja's return can give me motivation for watching final SM episodes, and even popular episodes for making final opinion.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
He can return after League. After 8-10 episodes after League. And I sure - Rowlet and Torracat/Incineroar for this will got enough time.
And just - Greninja's return can give me motivation for watching final SM episodes, and even popular episodes for making final opinion.
So you basically want him to return just because you want to see him again? At least Charizard had a rivalry and fought a Reshiram in the opening, Greninja could probably swim in the ocean and act like a frog to garner attention. I'd rather Greninja stay in Kalos, I can't see it being entertaining outside of battles. As a Froakie, yes but as a Greninja, no.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd rather it never comes back again; it annoys me and I find it extremely overrated.

I'd rather see the non aces from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova.

DatsRight

I'd rather it never comes back again; it annoys me and I find it extremely overrated.

I'd rather see the non aces from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova.

Same. If they insist on bringing in a reserve, I actually wouldn't mind if they did a more developed version of Charizard's BW return; with another Pokemon gaining more closure and even merging with the new team and maybe even some of the companions.

Oshawott and Totodile could get more development time for example, and their comedic personalities could merge well with the rest of Ash's team. I could even see Lana taking more interest in interacting with or even loaning a cute playful water type than with Greninja.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Same. If they insist on bringing in a reserve, I actually wouldn't mind if they did a more developed version of Charizard's BW return; with another Pokemon gaining more closure and even merging with the new team and maybe even some of the companions.

Oshawott and Totodile could get more development time for example, and their comedic personalities could merge well with the rest of Ash's team. I could even see Lana taking more interest in interacting with or even loaning a cute playful water type than with Greninja.

Or perhaps bring back Ash's Squirtle again

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan

Disagree. Not sure if it'll appear in this series but they could easily make it 'comedic' if they wanted to (and what 'dark past' are you referring to?)

Disagree. Not sure if it'll appear in this series but they could easily make it 'comedic' if they wanted to (and what 'dark past' are you referring to?)

Yeah, but would that really be true to AG’s character? I’m not sure I would personally like it if they turned AG into a joke or something like that.

Them forcing a personality would be seriously hard to see and I really really wouldn’t like it if they did

Not really a dark past, but the whole thing about him getting abandoned by other trainers.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah, but would that really be true to AG’s character? I’m not sure I would personally like it if they turned AG into a joke or something like that.

Them forcing a personality would be seriously hard to see and I really really wouldn’t like it if they did
It did have a personality as a Froakie. And maybe because of the dire situation in Kalos that it couldn't really act laidback or comedic. It wasn't the time nor the place. They could always make it the silent soldier who gets soft around little kids and playful Pokémon. Not out of character at all.

Not really a dark past, but the whole thing about him getting abandoned by other trainers.
Wow, all of Ash's fire types/Pokemon must have a dark past rather than trust/abandonment issues just because they had a worthless trainer that didn't care about them. And Froakie wasn't abandoned by his other trainers. Froakie left those trainers, because he felt they wouldn't make him stronger. Froakie just so happened to choose Ash as the one to be it's Trainer. The only other thing in it's past was not getting along with other Froakie in it's ninja village.