• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Greninja will come back in pokemon sun and moon?

Do you think Ash's greninja will come back in sun and moon?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Not likely, but I hope it does

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
he's a freaking pokemon lol, why would he even need any other characteristics than that. not like greninja is a human character
No excuse. We don't take kindly to battle bot Pokémon around these parts...

But it's no excuse to say just because it's a Pokémon, that it doesn't need any other characteristics but to battle. Charizard is an ace and he kept his character traits, he's more than just a beast.

and yes the fact that he has character traits means it is possible to write him ooc. for example, writing him as a more comedic, lazier or weaker pokemon would be writing him out of character based on what we know about him which is that he's really serious and mostly cares about becoming stronger
How is it lazy to write him having some sense of humor. He could be the most sane and nonreactive character there just as we thought Kiawe would be back in early SM. Being put into a comedic situation won't make him weak nor would it be lazy writing. Comedy occurs even in the most action packed of media, usually at the wrong times.

you're just using that member's post as an excuse to bash greninja
And you're using my post as an excuse to bash my opinion.

Considering that Rowlet is literally a gag Pokémon I’m not sure you’re one to talk.
No, Rowlet has a gag but he isn't a gag Pokémon. He isn't like Clemont's Chespin, Serena's Pancham, Misty's Psyduck, that singing Jigglypuff, heck, you could even make an argument that Bewear is a gag Pokémon for appearing mainly to stop and carry the TRio away which is a gag. I would've said Ash's Oshawott too but he actually had development episodes even though he is a joke of a battler, he still improved. A gag Pokémon is basically a Pokémon appearing mainly for comedic effect, serving barely any plot and having no character outside of that once humorous gag (Oshawott is just a weaker and cuter version of Piplup.) Rowlet on the other hand, is lethargic most of the time but he helps serve the plot. He's essential to it and just because he's asleep most of the time, that doesn't make him a gag Pokémon. Half the time, his traits aren't played out for laughs, just a bother and something to expect from it. It's been shown that is more of a disadvantage than an outright gag when he's called out for battle, it's played out more naturally than say, a side Pokémon that's wide awake all the time until the one time you need it.

Besides AG had a bunch of character
Name me one and don't say Ash Greninja.

DatsRight

There's also Lycanroc, who is set up to be Ash's Alolan ace, but still has butt monkey moments, is fussy about his appearance, and spends a lot of his non-battle time acting like a goofy playful mutt.

Also Torracat is more serious, but still in a way that plays into quirks, being more a grouchy and aloof house cat, has jokes at the expense of his dignity, as well as having a 'not so above it all' streak like his fondness for luchador.