• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Hunter J was the best villain in Pokemon?

matt0044

Title says it all. If you like Hunter J, then put it in your reply to this thread and state your reasons. If you don't, then that's tough cheese.

And don't say that you hate Hunter J because she abuses Pokemon. THAT'S THE FREAKIN' POINT! She's a Pokemon Hunter and a villain at that! Not everything in Pokemon has to be all Hunky Doory and I personally think that a badass villain like J was the best thing that Diamond & Pearl ever brought us other than Paul. Hell, she even surpass Giovanni (who barely does anything in the Anime).

Sorry, I have a weakness for evil, badass characters in fiction.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
uh...I beg to differ. I think
Isshu
TR will surpass her

Atreyu

Well I believe she was badass. She would leave behind some of her men, several times she almost killed Ash without a care in the world.

But the question remains, did she survive the explosion at Lake Valor?

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Yeah Hunter J has to be one of the best villain concepts so far in the anime. She's also one of my favourite characters in the anime. I like her mostly because of how cold and calculating she is. She'd rather obliterate Ash and others than to stall them like other villains.

And by the way, she's hot too. Sorry couldn't resist the temptation :p

I'd like to mention something before anyone goes like "u n00bs hunter j is ded end of story lool!1one1!". We don't know for sure if she's dead or alive, although I tend to believe she's very much alive, I am not guarantying that she's alive but I guess it would be best explained by Schrodinger's cat analogy - she's neither dead nor alive unless otherwise stated.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The best so far. She was great in the episodes she was in, and she was good at her job, which makes her a villain. She died with a bang too.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Well, I think hunter J was the most evil villain in Pokemon so far

#1TransendTrainer

PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
She was so freakin awsum. i'll miss her

waffle_x_v

Fun stuff
Definitely a bad***** character. I really liked her, and it would be nice to see her back. Should could do things for team plasma like she did with team galactic.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
She's definitely the most evil character yet. She even tried to kill Ash once (Ranger 2: Part 1-2 episode special), and you can't get more darker than that in the series.

CliveKoopa

Hunter J probably is the greatest villain so far to come out of the anime. She's even more ruthless than Giovanni who has never directly got into the action.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes she was the best of all. I think I loved the plot with her and her pokemon were strong too.
I didn't like her end but her story was good overwell.

Atreyu

The best so far. She was great in the episodes she was in, and she was good at her job, which makes her a villain. She died with a bang too.

I'm still clinging to the hope that she survived since all we see before her ship explodes is her scanner thing.

No. 1 Machop Fan

J was probably the only thing in the Sinnoh saga that wasn't a victim of the nanny epidemic that has ruined the Anime. She was probably also one of the most competent, if not THE most competent, villain in the whole Anime!

That's my opinion, anyway.

I'd like to mention something before anyone goes like "u n00bs hunter j is ded end of story lool!1one1!". We don't know for sure if she's dead or alive, although I tend to believe she's very much alive, I am not guarantying that she's alive but I guess it would be best explained by Schrodinger's cat analogy - she's neither dead nor alive unless otherwise stated.

Agreed 100%!
I guess we'll find out if she pops up again.

Like everyone else has said. she was the best villain ever.
If she's still alive, we should have her chasing around AshnCo. instead of TR.
Not that TR shouldn't be off the show completely, they can still attempt to capture their Pokemon.

WELL FOR MY LIKING.

Team Galactic > Hunter J.

NOT SAYING SHE WASN'T COOL AND BAD. BECAUSE SHE WAS. I just liked the spacemen better.
:) But I like evil characters. So she was amazing yeeeeeeeah.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
My favorite Villain was Sabrina, she turned people into dolls and she's way hotter ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My favorite Villain was Sabrina, she turned people into dolls and she's way hotter ;)

Was Sabrina even a villain? I thought she was merely misunderstood. Also, controlled by that doll or something.

Anyway, I don't really care much for Hunter J. To me, she was only added to give the Diamond & Pearl arc a little edge so that we wouldn't be bored out of our minds by Team Rocket or Team Galactic. She also proved to be quite useful against Ash and friends, so I'll go ahead and give her that much. She's not the best villain in my opinion, but she's up there, somewhere on the list of villains I like in Pokemon.