• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Hunter J was the best villain in Pokemon?

poizonsting

Pokemon master
She really was. The 'net gives her way too much praise. She wasn't NEARLY as impressive and badass as everyone seems to think.

Wow, that's a ridiculous notion. You need to go out more often, so you can realize internet is not the only place to live in :)

Uh, Giovanni?

C'mon now, let's not be silly here...Even if we count the movies as canon, what did he really do? Under his supervision, a team of scientists created Mewtwo and afterward Giovanni had an agreement with Mewtwo that if he follows him, Giovanni would show him how to control his power. In "Mewtwo Returns" we see a failed attempt of Giovanni to capture Mewtwo again. In the show, Giovanni uses Mewtwo in a gym battle against Gary, then it escapes and whatnot. Sure, Giovanni's character is shrouded in mystery for the most part, but villains like J, Cyrus, and even some of the main villains from the movies have done more and have showed more ruthlessness than Giovanni.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
What does that even mean?

I mean, to say, the image of Hunter J is the way it is because of the internet is a huge fallacy. I don't know where or how you came up with that notion, and besides, there's no basis to your statement. You can maintain your opinion, that is, J is overrated or whatever, and you can argue how badass she is compared to other villains, but there's no denying about her badass-ness beyond the shadow of doubt.

Aether13

Giovanni is definitly the best villian because is the orginal.

Also Elitemaster, yes he may just give order's know but he had to go to the top somehow so he probably did alot of work.

might

Banned
Poizonsting,J isn't overrated which is untrue and the huge image of Hunter J because of the internet fallacy is not true and it is your opinion which isn't facts at all,a lot of people do not think that J is a badass villain which is stupid non sense that isn't or ever was true to begin with,Hunter J was never a badass villain to start with and stop making things seem like facts when they really isn't.

Jabberwocky,the internet never gave Hunter J a lot of praise which is non sense of you'rs that's not true,a lot of people never did think Hunter J was badass or impressive which she never really was in the first place,that is your opinions which are not facts at all,you need to get off of the internet so you can have a life.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
The best one was Giovanni IMO.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
For the love of Mojo jojo, if you were asked to read your own words, would you be able understand that gibberish? Probably not. You are either trolling, or you're yet to pass kindergarten. If your purpose is to troll the board, I've naively fallen for it, but if your case is the latter, then come back to me for a proper argument after you get your kindergarten report card.

J isn't overrated which is untrue

Please guide me to the place where I said J isn't overrated. "J is overrated" - that's what the other guy said, and in reply I said it's his opinion (a perfectly acceptable opinion indeed), which I don't care.

the huge image of Hunter J because of the internet fallacy is not true and it is your opinion which isn't facts at all

Wtf is "internet fallacy"? There is a "world" beyond the internet, for all you know. My siblings also believe that J is badass, and they've taken no motivation from the internet whatsoever. It's what they see on the show.

a lot of people do not think that J is a badass villain which is stupid non sense that isn't or ever was true to begin with

You think it's stupid nonsense that a lot of people don't think J is a badass villain? In conjunction with your contradictory posts all over the thread, you're basically admitting that J is indeed a badass villain, which again, contradicts to what you've said about her before.

Hunter J was never a badass villain to start with and stop making things seem like facts when they really isn't

Yes, it is a fact that J is a badass villain, as I've provided evidence in the previous page. Just go look it up. However, you can argue about how badass she is compared to other villains in the anime. If you think otherwise, prove me wrong.

might

Banned
You are wrong since it is your opinions,it isn't a fact because it is your opinions,Hunter J was never a badass villain to start with and you contradicted you own self, a lot of people don't think J is a badass villain and that is the fact.

J isn't overrated and that is the truth.

Last edited:

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
I liked her but I really didn't care for her in the Pokemon Ranger episodes. The way the episodes where running it was really confusing on who was doing what. Who was trying to capture Riolu. And also, I felt she was just randomly there in the Ranger episodes. I did watch both episodes but it still confused me. But I did like her in the other episodes she was in.

TehGr81

College graduate
I can't say J was the best villain overall, but she definitely was the best villain so far. Unlike the others she actually tried to kill Ash whenever she had the chance. In Pokemon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu she tried killing Ash by burning him in the forest, using Drapion to crush the life out of him and ejected him from her ship up in the sky. If Kellyn hadn't shown up when he did, Ash would've died.

When it came to capturing Pokemon, she did it for the money and nothing else. She'd even risk the lives of all her henchmen for a large reward.

So far, J was easily the best villain in the series. It would be interesting to see if anyone in Isshu could top her.

matt0044

You know, after reading all of these replies, I'd like to ask a different question:

Do you think Hunter J could've been a better villain? As in do you think she could've had a better backstory on how she formed her organization and what she started out as.

might

Banned
TehGr81,Hunter J never tried to kill Ash and if Kellyn hadn't shown up Ash wouldn't have died at all which is non sense of your's not facts,since she wasn't trying to kill Ash but stop him and her ejected him from her ship don't mean that she try to kill him mister liar and Drapion squeezing him don't mean anything,there will never be any killing in this anime anyways,also you are wrong about her trying to kill Ash evey chance she had which is not true to start with and as for her doing it for the money nothing else this is also untrue,since it is base on opinions not facts,J was never the best villain on the show which is your opinions not facts,any villain can top her because she isn't the best villain in the Pokemon anime and stop making all of this stuff up.

Last edited:

TehGr81

College graduate
TehGr81,Hunter J never tried to kill Ash and if Kellyn hadn't shown up Ash wouldn't have died at all which is non sense of your's not facts,since she wasn't trying to kill Ash but stop him and her ejected him from her ship don't mean that she try to kill him mister liar and Drapion squeezing him don't mean anything,there will never be any killing in this anime anyways,also you are wrong about her trying to kill Ash evey chance she had which is not true to start with and as for her doing it for the money nothing else this is also untrue,since it is base on opinions not facts,J was never the best villain on the show which is your opinions not facts,any villain can top her because she isn't the best villain in the Pokemon anime and stop making all of this stuff up.
1. You need to work on your grammar, spelling and punctuation if you're trying to make yourself seem the least bit intelligent.

2. Are you trying to tell me if someone is ejected from a plane/jet/helicopter from a great height in the sky without a parachute he/she won't die when he/she hits the ground? You should know better than that.

3. If Ash hadn't kicked J's Drapion in the eye when he did it would have continued to squeeze him until every bone in his body would crack like eggs. You should know this too.

4. If you watch Mutiny in the Bounty, J's debut episode, an Officer Jenny explains to Ash, Brock and Dawn who J is and what she does. It is clearly stated that J only captures Pokemon for money and nothing else.

5. It may be my opinion that J is the best villain in the series so far, but that gives you no right to verbally attack me just because I'm stating my opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Last edited:

might

Banned
You need to worry about your own grammar,spelling and punctuation, instead of telling someone else about there spelling,grammar and punctuation since ,i have more intelligent then you.

I never said that someone who is ejected from a Airplane/Jet/or even a Helicopter,would not died,but Pokemon is not base on a real life show and no body will be killing on this show,even though Pokemon is a lot more mature now there will never be any killing in the pokemon anime show at all.

Drapion squeezing Ash until his body crack like eggs is non sense of your's,as for her doing it for the money is because she is a pokemon hunter after all,Hunter J was never the best villain in the series.

you are entitle to your own opinions,even if you are wrong.

I think Mewtwo in the first movie was the best villian. He was evil and he had a reason to be.

TehGr81

College graduate
You need to worry about your own grammar,spelling and punctuation, instead of telling someone else about there spelling,grammar and punctuation since ,i have more intelligent then you.

I never said that someone who is ejected from a Airplane/Jet/or even a Helicopter,would not died,but Pokemon is not base on a real life show and no body will be killing on this show,even though Pokemon is a lot more mature now there will never be any killing in the pokemon anime show at all.

Drapion squeezing Ash until his body crack like eggs is non sense of your's,as for her doing it for the money is because she is a pokemon hunter after all,Hunter J was never the best villain in the series.

you are entitle to your own opinions,even if you are wrong.
That's fine by me. Believe what you wish to believe.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
God yes, I'm so sick of the played out TR gag, it died a long time ago. Sucks she had to die though.

might

Banned
Foxyman1167,we don't really know if she died are not ,she might have gotten out of her ship off -screen and still be alive,but she won't return since she was only a DP character.