• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Iris champion status ensures more appearances from her

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Champion from other series have made appearances outside of there original series before think of Lance in Journeys, Cynthia in BW, Wallace in DP and Steven in XY. Does Iris’ new found champion status ensure that she possibly might appear in other series later?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Maybe but I doubt it knowing this anime.

Red and Blue

Its not a guarantee that she'll make it into the Master Class but I could see a few more appearances from her. Maybe they could show her watching Ash and Leon's battle along with other past companions.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
She told Ash to wait for her in the Ultra Class, so I'm hoping she returns. Best case would be a full battle between the Champion of Unova and the Champion of Alola, but I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back to lose to prop up Bea or Raihan.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I doubt she will come back for any important role this series. She already lost to ash with her aces, no point in bringing her back just to make her lose again. For a cameo or just minor appearance? Maybe.

I also doubt her champion status will do much in getting her more appearances in future series. Considering how the champion title itself was presented almost as an afterthought with her, i don’t really see her making appearances as a result of some ‘champion duties’.

She’s literally still competing in the PWC and told Ash to wait for her while she makes into the hyper class. The show is telling you what you need to know but y’all have created your own narratives based on nothing.

I think her champion status guarantees her a spot in the Masters 8 and that’s why they made her champion in the first place so she would fit in that group. Otherwise why do it? Ash beating regular trainer Iris and getting into the hyper class gives you the exact same result.

Also, a lot of you are under the impression that her returning can only be linked to battling Ash again when that isn’t the case. Cynthia and Raihan are right there for her to battle.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yeah, because Ash has never promised to battle people we never saw again before. Also, why do people want her in the Masters 8 when all she'd do is get beaten. People are already mad she lost the first time.

Pokemonfan5

Because it will acknowledge her strength as one of the top 8 trainers of the world
I don't want to see Iris comeback just to lose again, would've been great if she beat other powerful trainer on screen for her growth to become dragon master, maybe Lance or Drake who is also dragon trainers than I would be fine if she lost to Ash again

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't want to see Iris comeback just to lose again, would've been great if she beat other powerful trainer on screen for her growth to become dragon master, maybe Lance or Drake who is also dragon trainers than I would be fine if she lost to Ash again
I mean we can have her back, have her defeat Lance in round 1 and lose to Leon in round 2, thats fair, gives purpose to her and is a good way to show shes a top trainer

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I mean we can have her back, have her defeat Lance in round 1 and lose to Leon in round 2, thats fair, gives purpose to her and is a good way to show shes a top trainer
As much as I would love for her to beat Lance, I highly doubt she's going to be allowed to beat Raihan.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
No, and in the games she looks like a commoner that you sometimes encounter unlike the likes of Cynthia & Diantha that screams champions, higher statuses or carry lots of responsibities when you see them.

Yeah, because Ash has never promised to battle people we never saw again before. Also, why do people want her in the Masters 8 when all she'd do is get beaten. People are already mad she lost the first time.

This is different. She’s STILL competing in the PWC and who says she has to face Ash again? She can easily get 1 win and 1 loss in the Masters 8.

A lot of people want to see iris in a full 6on6 battle.
Considering she's an expensive voice actress, no. It's bad enough they couldn't afford her for a two-parter.

This a moot point when the voice actress wants to come back. She said she wants Iris to meet Chloe.

Brock and Misty also had spaced out returns in Alola.