• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Iris will be making a cameo at all in Sun and Moon

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I’m conflicted about this. In my mind it’s only right that Iris gets a cameo that she was robbed of in XY but some could claim she missed her chance. I would love to see her interactions with Lillie. Lillie is a poised, book smart rich girl and Iris is a wild child of nature; who goes by her instincts. There’s much to do with that. I’m also quite curious how Iris would react to SM Ash. I definitely think the next cameo will be between Serena and Iris but I can’t figure out will get it.

Slapstick-Olivia

I would say no. Even thought she is the most fitting, because of the tropical setting, I have to say no. Also, Iris already had her own special episode.
Serena would be logically the person, who should either make a guest appearance or have a special next. She is the only main former character who didn't got special episode so far.

I personally would like to see Iris getting a cameo (or better) a special appearance in Sun and Moon. Not only would she better bland in with the tropical environment, but she also would fit in perfectly in this whole slapstick comedy theme that S&M has. Out of all the main girls I think that Iris was the one that was used mostly for slapstick gags.

I really want to see a scene with Iris and Olivia getting in some ridiculous slapstick situation now. Gosh, now I'm praying for Iris to come for a few episodes in S&M.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I would say no. Even thought she is the most fitting, because of the tropical setting, I have to say no. Also, Iris already had her own special episode.
Serena would be logically the person, who should either make a guest appearance or have a special next. She is the only main former character who didn't got special episode so far.

I personally would like to see Iris getting a cameo (or better) a special appearance in Sun and Moon. Not only would she better bland in with the tropical environment, but she also would fit in perfectly in this whole slapstick comedy theme that S&M has. Out of all the main girls I think that Iris was the one that was used mostly for slapstick gags.

I really want to see a scene with Iris and Olivia getting in some ridiculous slapstick situation now. Gosh, now I'm praying for Iris to come for a few episodes in S&M.
I agree for the most part. However it’s not like Serena was robbed was of a special. The writers purposely gave Sycamore and Alexa a boring filler special over her because they wanted to. If it was any other reason like a timining issue I could agree but the writers simply didn’t feel like it. Also it’s not like it’s the first time a main character didn’t get a special; a lot of people forget about May.

Slapstick-Olivia

But May at least had a guest role for a couple of episodes in the DP series. Just like Dawn and Misty too. Serena is really (so far) the only main character from a former series that didn't get anything. Not that this bugs me. No, no. I personally can't think that I would really enjoy a special with her, because for me Serena is kinda... well boring. But I think, for the Serena fans, it would be just fair, to give her also her own special or guest role. After all, Serena is so far the most popular companion Ash ever had. According to the vocal fans on the internet at least.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Probably not; it's probably too late for her to return now imo

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her make an appearance in S&M. Frankly, I think it might be a bit too late for her to return, but you never know.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I think Serena had a better chance to appear in SM than before, not because of favoritism but more because XY wasn't far away from SM in terms of the series aired years compared to BW. We might have a better chance to see Iris, if the classmates are going to Unova, just like Misty & Brock cameo appearences when they went to Kanto.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm gonna hold out hope and say yes. It'll be really nice to see her again and since Alola is Hawaii and Unova is America, it'll be fitting for her and I wanna see her meet/catch an Alola formed Exeguttor. Iris should return and it isn't a farfetched idea for her to do so. She'll just return late in the saga just as Dawn did.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Considering she kinda got robbed of anything during XY, I hope she gets a cameo. I liked her even if the writers didn't actually let her evolve her Axew that I desperately wanted to evolve. Maybe it could evolve into Haxorus offscreen, like May's Eevee and Bulbasaur did.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
She deserves one but sadly I find it unlikely right now. Hopefully, the writers will prove me wrong.
Then again, no one saw the original trio being reunited, so anything is possible.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Iris maybe derserves a reappearance but she at least got her own special. Serena didn't even get that. If any Pokegirl deserves a reappearance over others, it's obviously Serena. So I'll have Serena make a reappearance in SM at this point over Iris anyday.

If Iris and Serena both make a reappearance in SM, then I'm all for it. :)

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given that she was skipped over during XY in the sense that she didn't show up in Kalos, I find it somewhat had to believe that Iris would return in SM. I know that Kasumi and Takeshi did, but that was mainly for nostalgia's sake.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris maybe derserves a reappearance but she at least got her own special. Serena didn't even get that. If any Pokegirl deserves a reappearance, it's obviously Serena. So I'll have Serena make a reappearance in SM at this point over Iris anyday.

If Iris and Serena both make a reappearance in SM, then I'm all for it. :)
I would like to see both appear at the same time, even though that' highly unlikely

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Nope.

If she couldn't appear in XY when she had better reason to, I can't see her appearing here without it being forced of awkward.

To add insult to injury, it's looking like Serena won't get to appear either...

It looks like the tradition of bringing back the former girl has been discarded :(

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I want her to, but serena needs it more (if both came back it'd be better, but we all know that won't happen=

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Save her for Gen 8 where the anime might redeem itself. Even if she did return this gen it would be pretty lackluster

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:
Save her for Gen 8 where the anime might redeem itself. Even if she did return this gen it would be pretty lackluster

But by then her relevance might be even less than it is now since I doubt we'll see much emphasis on Gen V or Best Wishes nostalgia during that era.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
At first, the writers seemed to follow a pattern of giving the previous Pokegirl a cameo in the newest series but lately they seem to just do whatever they want regarding past cameos. I was surprised to see Misty and Brock in SM, honestly I was surprised to see Gary in DP.

I think there's no definite answer because for all we know, the writers could randomly give Iris an appearance in Gen 8 just because. Honestly who knows..