• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Iris will be making a cameo at all in Sun and Moon

FusionAesthetic

Sci Fi Trainer
At first, the writers seemed to follow a pattern of giving the previous Pokegirl a cameo in the newest series but lately they seem to just do whatever they want regarding past cameos. I was surprised to see Misty and Brock in SM, honestly I was surprised to see Gary in DP.

I think there's no definite answer because for all we know, the writers could randomly give Iris an appearance in Gen 8 just because. Honestly who knows..

Pretty much this the writers have dropped patterns (which might be good?) meaning anything can happen.

Daizy

I call you honey
I'd only want her to come back if she'll do something useful like battle Ash or evolve Axew. If she only comes back for the sake of a simple cameo, then I'd be kinda salty.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopefully not, I'd be satisfied if we never saw her again and I'm sure millions agree on that~
I'd rather Gary returned to reference Blue's appearance in Alola, we haven't seen Gary mother freaking Oak in years! Butch/Cassidy and Pierce would also be nice if we get a Rainbow Rocket arc.
And if they're going to show past companions, I'd rather they do them in order. Continuing with May and ending with Serena.

But the most plausible likelihood is we just get Serena and no other previous characters returning

Irina

ready for Gen 8
I think Iris would make sense if Ash gets his hands on the dragon-type Z Crystal. This would be a perfect way to bring her back to have her help Ash beat that Totem Pokémon.

And Serena... tbh I don't think they will bring her back anytime soon. She's very different to the other main cast Pokégirls.

They also dropped their usual pattern... we'll never know who will come back again though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Irina said:
I think Iris would make sense if Ash gets his hands on the dragon-type Z Crystal. This would be a perfect way to bring her back to have her help Ash beat that Totem Pokémon.

I'd rather just see Iris get that Z-Crystal instead since it would suit her goal so much better from my vantage point, especially if she evolves her Fukamaru by that point.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
honestly I was surprised to see Gary in DP.

Why were you surprised about that? He's the whole reason Ash even went to Sinnoh after their battle in AG192.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I still don't know why she hasn't shown up for Dragonium-Z or just casually swinging around on the Dragon type Exeggutor but whatever TPC

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
How exactly? She’s still missing a cameo from the main series and since we haven’t had word about any PokeGirl returning; speculation isn’t “wishful thinking”.
Why exactly would she return 2 generations later as opposed to her series's successor like every other returning character? Speculation can be wishful thinking fyi & it's quite obvious based on some posts in this thread. But believe what you will :rolleyes:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Why exactly would she return 2 generations later as opposed to her series's successor like every other returning character? Speculation can be wishful thinking fyi & it's quite obvious based on some posts in this thread. But believe what you will :rolleyes:
The same reason Misty returned randomly returned 3 generations later. You act like the anime isn’t known these days for breaking traditions and patterns. However keep thinking what you want; everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It would be weird for Serena to returned in SM and skipping over Iris since that’s NEVER happened before either. So either way your argument of character return “traditions” breaks itself.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The same reason Misty returned randomly returned 3 generations later. You act like the anime isn’t known these days for breaking traditions and patterns. However keep thinking what you want; everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It would be weird for Serena to returned in SM and skipping over Iris since that’s NEVER happened before either. So either way your argument of character return “traditions” breaks itself.

But did she not return in AG/Hoenn's saga? It's an exception for the anime's anniversary. That's random? No. Did I ever say Serena was going to appear? You're relying on hypotheticals I'm not even arguing. The tradition is already broken seeing as I don't see Iris at all in XY(Z). I'm saying why would Iris specifically appear randomly 2 generations later. Yes, let's compare an iconic character who's often used for nostalgia bait to one who has made little impact to the anime.

Just as everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm free to criticize it.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I'm talking about in comparison to other traveling companions. Anyway, she also had several cameos in BW
She had two cameos. A flashback episode featuring Charizard and the fantasy sequence Ash had featuring ALL his friends but go off.

But did she not return in AG/Hoenn's saga? It's an exception for the anime's anniversary. That's random? No. Did I ever say Serena was going to appear? You're relying on hypotheticals I'm not even arguing. The tradition is already broken seeing as I don't see Iris at all in XY(Z). I'm saying why would Iris specifically appear randomly 2 generations later. Yes, let's compare an iconic character who's often used for nostalgia bait to one who has made little impact to the anime.

Just as everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm free to criticize it.
So if Serena nor Iris appear then what? Are all the girls just going to stop reappearing? Again your logic isn’t making any sense. And since when is she often use for nostalgia? She was never mentioned in DP, she has a brief flashback in BW and Kalos again did not mention her.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm talking about in comparison to other traveling companions. Anyway, she also had several cameos in BW

I don't count flashbacks as true appearances. The first one was about Charizard, so Misty was there just because she *had* to be there for the flashback to be true (she was traveling with him at the time of those flashbacks), and the second one had all traveling companions combined.

She was never mentioned in DP

She actually was, which was my original point, the Buizel episode Ash used the Misty lure.

I agree with everything else you said though.