• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

As we know Kotetsu appeared very late into the series, but has rather powerful Pokemon ( Samurott, Hydreigon, and Riolu for example). Do you think having him appear earlier in the series would have been a better idea to see his team develop, or do you think his late inclusion was a good idea?

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, thats not it for me though, maybe if he was shown smarter and actually knew things like brining his sixth Pokemon to a 6 V.S 6 battle, than I might not mind as bad as I do now.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Honestly, I couldn't have handled the BS that comes with his character, for any longer than we've had to already.. I think I would've had a little breakdown by now..

But if introducing him earlier would've prevented a lot of the BS, then yeah sure.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
no not really. as much as i like kotetsu i think if he was introduced early it would just ruined his character alot of stuff would be overused and not as funny..

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I don't think Cameron should of appeared at all.He was a waste of space.Three Rivals(maybe Virgil) was enough

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I would like it because I enjoy the character.

If the battle was as badly written as it was now, it doesn't matter if he appeared in the first episode or now, they took it to far with the stupidity in this battle but I do like the character.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I would've liked him to be in the World Tournament, at least.

Nope, he's a ritchie clone and ritchie also appeared late :p

... he's nothing like Ritchie.

Ritchie was Ash with a brain.
Kotetsu is Ash with half his brain.

diakyu

I don't think Cameron should of appeared at all.He was a waste of space.Three Rivals(maybe Virgil) was enough
You say that Cameron is a waste of space but then you mention Virgil who is an even bigger waste of space.

I don't think Cameron should have appeared earlier. As far as trainers who beat Ash in the league (since it's pretty much confirmed he will beat Ash) I think they introduced at the right time. I don't even see why people are angry about him winning against ash. Sure he acts stupid, but his Pokemon team proves he's a decent trainer. Well he's at least better than freaking Tobias who came out of nowhere with a team of legendaries imo.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Do I think.... All I can say is it might not matter as this series will continue on after the Unova League so we have a chance to see more of Cameron.

I don't even see why people are angry about him winning against ash. Sure he acts stupid, but his Pokemon team proves he's a decent trainer. Well he's at least better than freaking Tobias who came out of nowhere with a team of legendaries imo.
I agree. Some people are saying Ash possibly losing to Cameron would be worse than his loss against Tobias which I will never understand. We got to know Cameron's character, we were able to judge him because of that, plus he has a stand-out personality. Cameron is dumb and scatterbrained, but he managed to train a well balanced team. While Tobias.... Who the heck is this guy? He comes out of nowhere, owns Legendary Pokémon, is bland in personality..... Tobias was the worst idea the writers had to make Ash lose in a Pokémon League (he just felt like a last minute add in). I will take Ash losing to somebody he bonded with (a best friend rival) who thought a full battle requires five Pokémon over the poor excuse that was Tobias any day.

Of course people who don't like Cameron won't be happy if he defeats Ash, but really- the situation in the last episode doesn't even compare to Tobias.

Last edited:

diakyu

Lol no. Tobias was a way better character than this kid.
Are you joking? Tobias' only purpose was to defeat Ash. He came out of nowhere with a completely overpowered team. He had very little screentime before ash fought him. And like Raptor already said, he had a very bland personality. Cameron actually has personality. Tobias by himself ruined the sinnoh League for me because it was such bull.

LizardonX

Banned
It's not the timing, it's the intelligence level. Barry got a Roserade, Staraptor and Empoleon like halfway through DP and he was still painted as one of the weakest recurring trainers.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
I agree. Heck people are saying Ash possibly losing to Cameron would be worse than his loss against Tobias which I will never understand.
It could be that Kotetsu is dumb, and Tobias was a powerful trainer since he had at least two legendary pokemon.

While Tobias... Who the heck is this guy? He comes out of nowhere, owns Legendary Pokémon, is bland in personality...

If I remember correctly, Tobias was introduced as a mysterious character. Coming out of nowhere is part of the mystery.

Why is it serious characters are said to have a bland/no personality?

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
If I remember correctly, Tobias was introduced as a mysterious character.

No. He was introduced as a one-note God Mode Stu and a way of not letting Ash win the League.

I mean, in Johto and Hoenn, the people he lost to and the battles were acceptable (even if Hoenn's was rather stupid). But this guy is given legendaries. LEGENDARIES. When other characters had legendaries, it was acceptable. Why? Because we're told more about how they got them (like how Noland was merely friends with Articuno and didn't own it). With Tobias, you're supposed to accept that this guy found a Darkrai and a Latios, no questions asked. And as a result, he makes Ash and all the other trainers look pathetic.

Last edited:

Lucille

I'd choose Tobias over Cameron any day. At least against Tobias it was a great battle. We got to see how Ash would do against Uber Pokemon like Darkrai and Latios. Cameron just makes my blood boil when I think about it

Everlasting

Everything stays.
That's exactly what it makes him special. He's funny and lost everywhere (seven badges, 5 Pokémons, late on the Junior Cup, etc.), and these qualities are making him more attractive.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Lol no. Tobias was a way better character than this kid.

WTF? how was a character that did nothing and we know nothing about is better then Kotetsu, haha you people are so ignorant.

Takuto even out of the league only rivals/winners was the one with less exposure and showed no personality traits almost, how can you say a character with 0 development is better then anything that has actually been shown frequemtly?

Takuto isn't better then any character, he is like a CotD but for a league figth.

A.F.M

Banned
That's exactly what it makes him special. He's funny and lost everywhere (seven badges, 5 Pokémons, late on the Junior Cup, etc.), and these qualities are making him more attractive.

God help Kotetsu if he somehow wins the league, he'll probably forget to battle the elite four and Alder D:

The quicker this kid gets diagnosed as dyspraxic the better, because his clumsiness will kill him sooner or later.

Kotetsu logic- "I'm going to sleep underwater with a duvet of cement to keep me warm! Yay!"

Lucario and his other pokes need to get the **** away from this guy because he's going to put their lives in serious danger one day. D:

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
If cameron was introduced earlier we would get to know his character more.

Status
Not open for further replies.