• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightstar1994

WTF? how was a character that did nothing and we know nothing about is better then Kotetsu, haha you people are so ignorant.

Takuto even out of the league only rivals/winners was the one with less exposure and showed no personality traits almost, how can you say a character with 0 development is better then anything that has actually been shown frequemtly?

Takuto isn't better then any character, he is like a CotD but for a league figth.

Because he was serious, and serious characters in anime like this are awesome. I don't care for personality in Pokemon Anime, it's not like even somebody has one there. Everything is becoming overused (Ash losing leagues, Cilan's Tasting References, Iris' "Kodomo ne", TR Blasting off.)

Yes, he is better than a kid we're not even going to see again after 5th gen. In Sinnoh, Ash lost to a serious, experienced teenager (Same as Johto).

Tobias wasn't even a character. He was just a cheap plot device created in order to kick Ash out of the League quickly.

If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character. If Pokemon was ever supposed to end, Sinnoh would be the best ending for it (And i still treat Unova Anime arc as an one, big filler.)

Last edited:

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Because he was serious, and serious characters in anime like this are awesome. I don't care for personality in Pokemon Anime, it's not like even somebody has one there. Everything is becoming overused (Ash losing leagues, Cilan's Tasting References, Iris' "Kodomo ne", TR Blasting off.)

Yes, he is better than a kid we're not even going to see again after 5th gen. In Sinnoh, Ash lost to a serious, experienced teenager (Same as Johto).

If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character.
That is the most idiotic answer ever.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
That is the most idiotic answer ever.

There is no need to offend someone only because he likes a character.

---

About the thread's question, I honestly would have preferred to see the writers focus more on the existing rivals (Trip, Bianca and Stephan) instead of introducing new last-minute additions (Cameron and Virgil). Probably the battle would result less cheap if we saw Cameron earlier, but that's an "if" situation and as such we'll never know for sure how it would have been handled.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master

---

About the thread's question, I honestly would have preferred to see the writers focus more on the existing rivals (Trip, Bianca and Stephan) instead of introducing new last-minute additions (Cameron and Virgil). Probably the battle would result less cheap if we saw Cameron earlier, but that's an "if" situation and as such we'll never know for sure how it would have been handled.
I don't mean to be offensive but really blaming best wishes for why he lost the sinnoh league. That sounds really stupid.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Because he was serious, and serious characters in anime like this are awesome.

Serious =/= Awesome or likable. Shadow the Hedgehog is a shining example.

Who we never heard of until the League. And Johto didn't have the guy pull legendaries out of his ***.

If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character. If Pokemon was ever supposed to end, Sinnoh would be the best ending for it (And i still treat Unova Anime arc as an one, big filler.)

Hahahahahaha no

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I don't mean to be offensive but really blaming best wishes for why he lost the sinnoh league. That sounds really stupid.

I think that Ash would have still lost, even if the BW series wasn't in the corner. Probably the way of losing would have been less "cheap" (and as such not being curbstomped by Legendaries), but he would still have lost somehow. It's not really BW's fault, more a fault with the timing.

Ver-mont

That doesn't change the fact that Tobias is just a plot device, and I really think you shouldn't blame Best Wishes for existing. Ash wouldn't win, because everyone knew there would be a 5th Gen, just like we know there will be a 6th one. You're the one who shouldn't have fooled yourself by thinking Sinnoh would be the end.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

Best Wishes was pretty obviously the reason why we saw Ash and Paul get pushed back to the Quarters and a Latios come out of nowhere in the Semi's, no-one can deny that.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Best Wishes was pretty obviously the reason why we saw Ash and Paul get pushed back to the Quarters and a Latios come out of nowhere in the Semi's, no-one can deny that.

Umm I'm not sure if you are joking or not.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

I'm being serious. It was fairly obvious from the start that there were big plans for the league and the final opening reassured this.

I'd say that Tobias was planned all along, having a decent team that simply started with Darkrai wiping out almost half of Team Ash. Then Ash would've had to play catch up and end the battle with Lucario vs Pikachu. But then Black and White were announced, which meant things had to change. They needed to wipe out Ash in a single episode, so that they could wrap up everyone else's story in the next two and start Best Wishes.. I'd say that's why a random Latios was included and that's why everything after that was rushed, meaning we didn't even get a lab episode.

Sure this is all heavy speculation on mine and many others parts, but we have a basis for it.. You can tell from the way it was written that there were big plans for Sinnoh all along, until Black and White came.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Hes not being offensive, if something is idiotic and you call it by the name you aren't offending anyone, though Shiny will probably get a warning because thats how we "roll" here.

He isn't.

Still Shiny we can't bame the Sinnoh league ending that way because of Best Wishes, its because of Black and White and its the writers fault anyway for making a shitload of fillers instead of saving them for the league, then Gamefreak tells them the new gen comes out and they have to speed it up and we aren't sure about that, because we don't know how far Gamefreak tells them, so they could have planned it better I'm sure.

Basicly your blaming the writers for screwing the writers for screwing the writers.

Oh and Shiny there are actually a lot of people here that say that no they didn't rush anything in the league and it was all planned, Locormus for instance.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I'm being serious. It was fairly obvious from the start that there were big plans for the league and the final opening reassured this.

I'd say that Tobias was planned all along, having a decent team that simply started with Darkrai wiping out almost half of Team Ash. Then Ash would've had to play catch up and end the battle with Lucario vs Pikachu. But then Black and White were announced, which meant things had to change. They needed to wipe out Ash in a single episode, so that they could wrap up everyone else's story in the next two and start Best Wishes.. I'd say that's why a random Latios was included and that's why everything after that was rushed, meaning we didn't even get a lab episode.

Sure this is all heavy speculation on mine and many others parts, but we have a basis for it.. You can tell from the way it was written that there were big plans for Sinnoh all along, until Black and White came.

I always wondered why there was pikachu vs lucario in the intro. Anyways you might be right but to me it sounds a little weird but I respect your opinion.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Funny how 7 years ago people feared that Morrisson would beat Ash in the league.

Who knew 7 years later we'd get one only this time he'd actually win?

Last edited:
She didin't even show up pre league after the clubsplosion. I doubt they would have introduced Camo that early anyways.

Oh, how early are we talking? I thought we meant if he was here for the first Don Battle Tournament.

Funny how 7 years ago people feared that Morrisson would beat Ash in the league.

Who knew 7 years later we'd get a Morrisson redux only this time he'd actually win?

Tyson made a better Hoenn League winner than Morrison but what would have been the big deal if Morrison beat Ash?

LizardonX

Banned
That early >.<?

Even then Bianca could still have her Zorua Gag and he could just be replaced with a random COTD. There are also fillers dotted throughout Unova that could be wiped for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.