• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That early >.<?

Even then Bianca could still have her Zorua Gag and he could just be replaced with a random COTD. There are also fillers dotted throughout Unova that could be wiped for him.

Yeah, there's no way Ash would have had 4 major rivals during the Don Battle and Clubsplosion. But even if the guy was introduced right after the Clubsplosion, I don't think it would make a difference. The fact of the matter is people don't like him for his stupidity.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I always wondered why there was pikachu vs lucario in the intro. Anyways you might be right but to me it sounds a little weird but I respect your opinion.

I've just thought from the moment we saw Kotetsu with Riolu, that they were making up for Sinnoh's lost opportunity. Like "If we couldn't have Pikachu vs Lucario last league, we'll have it in this one!"..

Does anyone on here actually think Cameron is better than Sir Aaron, Riley or Maylene? I'm curious if anyone actually thinks Cameron will be remembered as the best Lucario trainer on the show.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Does anyone on here actually think Cameron is better than Sir Aaron, Riley or Maylene? I'm curious if anyone actually thinks Cameron will be remembered as the best Lucario trainer on the show.
To the younger kids yes to the older fans no. but I think cameron is a pretty good lucario trainer judging by the trailer.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
To the younger kids yes to the older fans no. but I think cameron is a pretty good lucario trainer judging by the trailer.

I'd rather say that Cameron is a good Riolu trainer, since he got Lucario during a match. Sir Aaron, Riley and Maylen probably (almost surely) had Lucario for much longer compared to Cameron and as such can be considered "official" Lucario trainers.

ludiloco

Kotetsu is ok, writers made him control his Hydreigon perfectly and his Lucario is a beast (because of the preview)

He managed to take on Ash full team with just 3 pokemon since Swanna and Ferrothorn were out just to give Pikachu and Pignite cheap wins.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I've just thought from the moment we saw Kotetsu with Riolu, that they were making up for Sinnoh's lost opportunity. Like "If we couldn't have Pikachu vs Lucario last league, we'll have it in this one!"..

I'm not sure about that, then the other battles in the opening would also have happened.

Kotetsu and Rioulo just like Virgil and Eevee were introduced with this pokemon for the reasons we all know and there really isn't much to speculate.

He seems to be pretty good with Rioulo atleast, better as in what? as a character?

I like him more then all of those but thats just me.

Speaking of Lucario? When did Lucario become such a huge fan favorite Pokémon? Was it ever since the Diamond and Pearl games came out? Or did Movie 8 make Lucario popular?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Speaking of Lucario? When did Lucario become such a huge fan favorite Pokémon? Was it ever since the Diamond and Pearl games came out? Or did Movie 8 make Lucario popular?

I think it was during the Movie 8, when it was considered a new Legendary and (IIRC) its dual typing was considered unique and cool (along with its Egyptian origins and its mastery of aura). Then they found out that it had a pre-evo, Riolu, and the Legendary status died, but by then it had cemented itself as a fan favorite.

I think it was during the Movie 8, when it was considered a new Legendary and (IIRC) its dual typing was considered unique and cool (along with its Egyptian origins and its mastery of aura). Then they found out that it had a pre-evo, Riolu, and the Legendary status died, but by then it had cemented itself as a fan favorite.

I wonder if most fan favorite Pokémon get more popular by the anime. I mean Pikachu is obviously a case of a Pokémon who became a fan favorite because of the anime. But what about Charizard and Mewtwo?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I wonder if most fan favorite Pokémon get more popular by the anime. I mean Pikachu is obviously a case of a Pokémon who became a fan favorite because of the anime. But what about Charizard and Mewtwo?

My bets:

Charizard: probably because it's a fire-breathing dragon (and kids love dragons), because it was the mascotte of Red, because in the anime was portrayed as powerful. Also, the Charizard card of the first set is heavily requested and a favorite (it was the first card to deal 100 damage, basically destroying any Pokemon card at the time).
Mewtwo: unique and powerful, probably became famous thanks to the movie

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Since it appeared, peopele passed the entire 4gen asking for Satoshi to get one, the entire thing even getting the Auraholics nickname.

Graham Aker

There haven't been many other Lucario trainers on this show, surprising considering how popular it is.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Let me put it this way. To me it wouldn't have mattered when Cameron's debut was; the fact that he's essentially clueless and broke the most important rule of a full battle is what sealed his fate as a bad character imo. He's no longer interesting; he's just an Ash clone with a little bit of Bianca in the mix. He's like Ash and Bianca's son inb4 the fan-fic.

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
It might have been better for Him to appear sooner, I think i Would have gone crazy if he was introduced earlier with the same personality lasting up until now though.

Nightstar1994

Serious =/= Awesome or likable. Shadow the Hedgehog is a shining example.

That's a whole different series, though. And i actually like Shadow. It's actually not that hard if you don't care about Sonic Fandom, Fanarts and Fanfiction.

That doesn't change the fact that Tobias is just a plot device, and I really think you shouldn't blame Best Wishes for existing. Ash wouldn't win, because everyone knew there would be a 5th Gen, just like we know there will be a 6th one. You're the one who shouldn't have fooled yourself by thinking Sinnoh would be the end.

Yes, there could be a 5th Gen with a different Main Character. Did i say 5th gen was never possible? Ash's adventure was at it's top during Sinnoh and that's where it should end.

In Unova, he doesn't even interact with any of the E4 (Bar Alder), unlike in Sinnoh.

Ver-mont

Yes, there could be a 5th Gen with a different Main Character. Did i say 5th gen was never possible? Ash's adventure was at it's top during Sinnoh and that's where it should end.

In Unova, he doesn't even interact with any of the E4 (Bar Alder), unlike in Sinnoh.

It would be wonderful to have a new protagonist, but you should have noticed long ago they won't drop Ash in our lifetime.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
That's a whole different series, though. And i actually like Shadow. It's actually not that hard if you don't care about Sonic Fandom, Fanarts and Fanfiction.

You may like Shadow, but many, many others hate his guts and want him to get killed off. And I don't care if it's from a different franchise, the point still stands - Tobais isn't a good character; he's a plot device, and a VERY poorly executed one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.