• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Liko and Roy are here to stay for years?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They will be replaced and that’s good given the awful design of that boy

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
More importantly: Is it true that there will be more movies with Ash (as far as info is out now)?

Cetra

This sucks. I hate to think of the awesome noteworthy cameo of Ash that will might take another 10 years.

IcySealeo

I don’t think so. I think they’ll only be for the SV anime. They can fully develop characters & their arcs easily during an anime cycle, & since both aren’t who started the pokeani, they shouldn’t feel the need anymore to block their progress for nostalgia. And looking though BW-SM you can see a different main character would fit better than switching up Ash’s personality like they did. it’s unlikely they’ll hold it out for another season, & definitely not 25+ years. From what I can tell, it looks more character driven. They have better explained goals than “Pokemon Master” & I doubt they can make any Pokémon they get as marketable as Pikachu was, with their starters only being relevant for this series. So I think they’ll only have this time to shine.
No, their story arcs seem to pertain to the pendant and pokeball which is not a vague goal like pokemon master which would be harder to drag on for 20+ years
So, the Explorers' mission is to "unveil the mysteries of Pokemon and the world", Liko wants "to learn about the things I don't understand" and Roy wants "to challenge the Pokemon from the legends". These are very vague goals. In fact, every main character had a vague goal (Pokemon Master, Pokemon Breeder, Top Coordinator, and so on...), and it really ends whenever the writers feels like ending it.
If the writers want to keep Roy and Liko that can do that if they want - there will always be new legendary Pokemon, new mysteries and other things.

knowing that liko has sprigatito as her partner pokemon most likely not
I honestly really doubt it. They'd have saddled her with a Pikachu or Eevee if she was here to stay, and this same signifier was why it was clear Goh would be gone in three years as Cinderace would just be out of place.
Most likely not. It looks like that they're planning to introduce new protagonists with every new generation. It could happen if PM2023 is a massive success, but even then I think that it is unlikely, as neither of them has a Pikachu, Charizard (Friede has them) or Eevee (so far they haven't shown one, but it wouldn't surprise me if they introduce one later on).
Probably not considering their current Gen starters. They may switch again for Gen 10 and have someone with a Pikachu on the main cast.
Agreed they will be replaced when Gen 10 comes since their starters are Gen 9 pokemon
They can still keep it in future generations or just give them new starters. Unlike Ash and Pikachu, the main focus in this anime is Roy and Liko. As long as those Captain Pikachu and Charizard stick around, I don't think the writers will try to make Sprigatito or some other Pokemon the "next Pikachu", they know it will be impossible.

Master Pikachu 11

So, the Explorers' mission is to "unveil the mysteries of Pokemon and the world", Liko wants "to learn about the things I don't understand" and Roy wants "to challenge the Pokemon from the legends". These are very vague goals. In fact, every main character had a vague goal (Pokemon Master, Pokemon Breeder, Top Coordinator, and so on...), and it really ends whenever the writers feels like ending it.
If the writers want to keep Roy and Liko that can do that if they want - there will always be new legendary Pokemon, new mysteries and other things.

They can still keep it in future generations or just give them new starters. Unlike Ash and Pikachu, the main focus in this anime is Roy and Liko. As long as those Captain Pikachu and Charizard stick around, I don't think the writers will try to make Sprigatito or some other Pokemon the "next Pikachu", they know it will be impossible.
Every character that had a current Gen starter as their main starter was replaced the following series since both of the new protagonist have the current Gen starter as their main Pokémon tells me that they will be replace as well because you can’t just get give new starters when their first Pokémon is of the current Gen, it’s your main Pokémon you just move the main Pokémon from the spotlight for another Pokémon that’s why Pikachu stuck around with Ash all these years

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
They always had a new cast each gen, especially after Brock left
The only staying parts were Ash and TR, but with these supposedly out...

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I give them 3 years by virtue of having starters tied to Paldea. The moment they do that, they condemn them to one series.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
nah, they were doomed as soon as they started with the Paldean starters.

Cetra

As if anybody would get the Ash treatment. They will never stay for too long until they get replaced.

TurboAceK

I imagine it's going to be based on how they're received

If they do do well or even explode in popularity and viewership they'll be back for at least the next series

If they are poorly received or just not their standard then they might rotate them or introduce someone old to make it work better as Goh has Ash

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
FWIW if Liko and Roy are like massive smash successes, they’ll figure the starter issue out I imagine, but they’d have to be magically popular for that to happen. Rotating protagonists in and out definitely seems like the move.