• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think paul stole turtwig?

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
We all know paul didn't get turtwig from prof.rowan since he didn't even know who paul was in the fist episode of dp.

I'am starting to think paul just stole turtwig exactly like silver steals the starter pokemon in gsc.

Since paul has silver's personality traits i think this might be the case.

What do you think?

AerialAce^_^

I love flying types
I doubt it....

Paul may be a heartless bastar* but he doesn't seem like a thief

Silver was a naive kid but Paul is more serious

milenadrg

The fact Paul is simmilar to Silver, doesn't means he IS Silver. I doubt he steals Pokemon, he just catpures them...
As for Turtwig, he possibly got it from Nurse Joy who is giving starters to kids who are far from lab of regional Professor or Reggie(Reggie is a breeder, he maybe had an Turtwig Egg)...

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Nope. Paul is cruel but he works just within the limits of the law.

Turtwig may have been a present from Reggie. He could have possibly given that Turtwig to Paul after catching / acquiring one during his own Journey.

thunderblade12

That kind of seems like an important plot point though..

If the writers don't tell us something happened we can't assume it did. Otherwise it's just fanfiction

Just my opinion

~AussieWonder~

He may be a heartless trainer, but there's no evidence that Paul has EVER stolen a Pokemon, let alone his starter. Its a fair enough question tyranitar305, but unlikely.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
What a strange question.....
Of course Paul did not steal Turtwig. He got it from someone like Father, brother, Nurse Joy or even a professor.

ash101

wasn't proffecer rowan said to be away looking at pokemon evolusion,maybe Rowan wasn't their when Paul went to Turtwig so he got it from the stand in proffecer

I think he obtained Turtwig legit. I mean it's not like Prof Rowan is the only person in the entire world who raises Turtwigs.

pokefreak in qatar93

umm no if he did then the writers would've told us something or use it as a plot or a hint anything like that .... plus starters don't have to be starters if you know what i mean like he could've caught that turtwig or something right?

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
I think it is a silly notion to think that Paul stole Turtwig.

He may abuse his Pokemon, but he's no Hunter J.

I like the "he received it from Reggie" theory, by the way.

Machete

Paul wasn't born in Twinleaf Town, so he would've needed to go there to steal it, something stupid considering that, in the anime, your starter can be anything.

He probably received it from the Nurse Joy of Veilstone City, or Reggie gave it to him as a present. Why would he need to steal a Pokémon, anyways? He's not a criminal, he's just a tough trainer.

Shinji_Charizard

No, in the Brandon episode Reggie said that Paul received his Turtwig, not stole it. And he got Turtwig before he became the harsh trainer he is now.