• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Pokemon Cross overs should be ended?

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I've never really been a huge fan off Pokemon Crossover's. I played Mystery Dungeon and Ranger and it was cool at first but that quickly faded away. I will admit I will try Pokemon conquest but I'm not sure if all these crossovers are worth it?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger are spin-off's. Pokemon Conquest will be the first Pokemon crossover game in the history of Pokemon, so no, they should not be ended because this is the first and only crossover they have done. Unless you count Smash Bros. Spin-off's and crossovers are two different things.

Well, nobody seemed to have a problem with Super Smash Bros., Brawl, or Melee.

gliscor&yanmega

I've never really been a huge fan off Pokemon Crossover's. I played Mystery Dungeon and Ranger and it was cool at first but that quickly faded away. I will admit I will try Pokemon conquest but I'm not sure if all these crossovers are worth it?

If you don't like them, don't play them. There are tons of people who do like them, so they are worth it.

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
As long as they make good games, they shouldn't stop.

Agreed, and there are many people who do enjoy playing the spin-off games, myself included. So I believe that they should be continued. They offer a refreshing way to play Pokemon to people who want more than the main series has to offer.
I'm personally a Mystery Dungeon fanatic, and I almost like them more than the main games.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
First of all, spin-off =/= crossover.

Second of all, nope.​

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
Definitely not! I love them!
Mystery dungeon was -is one of my favourite games! but that was a spin-off game, was it not?
I think pokemon conquest is the first pokemon crossover and it sounds great!

Azurus

The Ancient Absol
I'm eager to see how pokemon conquest fairs now, and if it's good enough to warrant a sequel. Also I desperately need a 3rd official mystery dungeon! I cannot get the wii versions, so reading and making fics is all I have! ( haven't actually made one yet but I'm working on it)
So no, I think they should milk it for all it's worth so long as it's quality (so far it has been)
Heard a rumor that the street date is cancelled for pokemon conquest, so if the store has it you can buy it at any time now. You. Don't. Have. To. Wait.... atleast according to my sources (boards on pokemon conquest)

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
When I first heard about Pokemon Conquest, I'll admit that I was a little skeptical. I couldn't believe all the similarites I saw between it and the Fire Emblem series, like the producers had simply gotten lazy and decided to copy something else. Now however, after reading more about it and remembering the fact that Pokemon Conquest is the first cross-over, I decided that I'll give it a chance. Who knows; it may actually be successful. The spin-off games like PMD and Pokemon Collsseum will always be my favorites though.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger are spin-off's. Pokemon Conquest will be the first Pokemon crossover game in the history of Pokemon, so no, they should not be ended because this is the first and only crossover they have done. Unless you count Smash Bros. Spin-off's and crossovers are two different things.

IIRC, Mystery Dungeon actually is a crossover. It's still a welcome addition to the series, though, and I'm (im)patiently waiting for a 5th gen Mystery Dungeon title.

Faraway_Mew

Mew, mew... mew?
I on the other hand, was determined to get conquest because of the similarity it shares with Fire Emblem, one of my fave handheld games other than pokemon.
Plus, I know that it can never be exactly like fire emblem :p so far I am not disappointed. It is really good.
It appears that the stores where I am do not import a lot of it. I managed to get it on the first day it's out. And it's all gone on the second day when I visited the store again...

spin-offs/ crossovers introduce more ways to enjoy pokemon. So they shouldn't be stopped :D

Miindfreakk

Illusionist Trainer
Damn no, cross overs can be fun sometimes ^^

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe since we did a crossover with Pokemon in feudal combat, maybe we could do one on present day combat in a crossover with Call of Duty. We can call it "Call of Duty: Modern Pokemon Warfare". I can see it now:

Trainer: Pikachu, use AK-47 attack!
Pikachu: Pi?
Trainer: *hands Pikachu an AK-47*
Pikachu: Pi-ka-chu-chu-chu-chu *shoots the opponents*

We could give Flying types airstrikes and Water types torpedoes. Pokemon that are considered tanks in competitive battling would be like actual tanks. Best game ever!

/joke

Illusione-Tempus

^That would be hilarious since it's not real and will never be real P:

Anyway... I think you've been thinking it wrong. After all, PMD and Rangers are spin-off series and not crossovers. If you want a crossover, then take a look at the only Pokemon crossover made so far: Pokemon Conquest.

As for them to end... No. They've made only one crossover so far, and there's no way they will end after only one game like that. As for spin-off series (since you've mistaken them for crossovers), I'll say no to that as well. After all, I get bored easily with the main game. The spin-off series is basically one of the reasons that I still stick to Pokemon.

In conclusion to this post: Spin off =/= Crossover and they shouldn't be ended.

Shelxio

If you mean the spin-offs, PMD and Ranger are fantastic. So no, I don't think they should end them. In fact, I'd love to see Ranger 4 and PMD 3.

1:16

I'm a Christian
To clarify, PMD and Pokemon Ranger are spin-offs, not crossovers. And the terms "spin-off' and "crossover" are the same but different. Sounds confusing?

Spin-off games are games outside of the main series. They may, or may not, follow the same style, gameplay and even timeline of the main Pokemon games, but they're Pokemon games, none the less, but with elements not found in the main games. Take PMD for example. One thing you'll notice off the bat is that your character is a Pokemon, not a Pokemon trainer, which especially appeals to fans who want to know what it's like to get through a Pokemon game as a Pokemon, not a human.

Crossovers are like a sub-type of a spin-off game. They have the same attributes as spin-offs, but have one unique element that stands above the rest: It combines elements of another game series. Pokemon Conquest is a great example of a crossover. It combines the Pokemon creatures, moves, types, etc. of the Pokemon series, and the chess-like strategy, the use of kingdoms and the kingdom system, and the war/peace system (if there is one) of Noabunga's Ambition.

As for the question? As long as Nintendo and Game Freak know what they are doing, they can either make their first Pokemon crossover their last, or basically, just their first of many (or few.) If the companies feel that crossovers won't work for them, they can cut the crossover idea, but most of the time, it would only be cut off temporarily. There will be times when they think that a crossover would boost their sales, fanbase, community, and even all three of them.

So, it depends on the aforementioned companies if Pokemon crossovers would last or not.