• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Pokemon is the most popular show ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day, Pokemon was easily the biggest show of its time. I think it would be hard to find any tv show that matched the success and popularity of Pokemon in the 90's. Some shows came close and I know there are shows now like Spongebob and Avatar:The Last Airbender that might come close but never have I seen a show get people as excited as Pokemon. I was born in 1992 so those older than me may have something to say about this but I really do have to wonder. Can you name one tv show ever made that is more popular than Pokemon. I'm really curious what people will say with this one.

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
yes pokemon is real successful and i think its definitely one of the most popular show ever created i cant see a show that was more popular then pokemon but yugioh and sponge bob was pretty close back then.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I would still consider it successful.

I would still consider it successful.

Yeah, it certainly is. In fact, Pokemon is probably one of the only really cartoons left in America. There aren't too many popular shows these days that you hear about. I would say Pokemon, Legend of Korra and Spongebob are the only popular cartoons in America. I can't think of any others right now. Young Justice maybe?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I would say in terms of an anime it's definitely one of the longest running ones so yes lol.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Yeah, it certainly is. In fact, Pokemon is probably one of the only really cartoons left in America. There aren't too many popular shows these days that you hear about. I would say Pokemon, Legend of Korra and Spongebob are the only popular cartoons in America. I can't think of any others right now. Young Justice maybe?

Spongebob is by far the most popular and successful. The only others I can think of that could be in the top ten are Pokemon, Korra, Adventure Time, Fairly Odd Parents... I guess I could count a lot of younger kid shows, like Dora.

Pokemon is the longest running cartoon though, not counting primetime.

dont forget adventure time is becomming popular now and successfull

And isn't that Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour pretty popular as well? There are probably a few other really popular ones as well but I definitely feel the 90's was the best time for tv. Well, atleast with cartoons.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not at all. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, etc. were more popular.

Pokemon is a videogame franchise, of it wasn't based on a game the show would have ended years ago.

rocky505

Pokemon has barely been getting 2.0 ratings lately. Shows like spongebob and the god awful new Disney channel have anywhere from 3.0-5.0

Power rangers even has better ratings than Pokemon with around 2.5-3.0

Pokemon has barely been getting 2.0 ratings lately. Shows like spongebob and the god awful new Disney channel have anywhere from 3.0-5.0

Power rangers even has better ratings than Pokemon with around 2.5-3.0

Doesn't Nick and Disney do way better than Cartoon Network in general though? Especially on Saturday mornings.

The TMNT franchise has been going for 26 years. It was as big as Pokemon back from 1987-1993.

Nick is also rebooting TMNT for a CG cartoon in the fall.

I would still say Pokemon Kanto is close to TMNT and Power Rangers though. Maybe Pokemon has lost popularity over the years and the new Power Rangers show that's out now and the TMNT show coming out probably will do better than the Pokemon anime is doing now but I would still say it's close between those 3 shows.

Speaking of Pokemon's ratings now, what exactly does 2.0 mean? Can someone explain to me how Pokemon is doing in the ratings today? Is 2.0 good? Is it bad? Did DP have better ratings than BW?

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
pokemon must have low rating's because how early it come's on it should come on around 3pm not 7 in the morning when everyone is in bed anyways even i missed lot's of pokemon best wishes episode's because of the 7am time like today i woke up around 7:40 am today and i missed the new episode by 10minute's

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I would still say Pokemon Kanto is close to TMNT and Power Rangers though. Maybe Pokemon has lost popularity over the years and the new Power Rangers show that's out now and the TMNT show coming out probably will do better than the Pokemon anime is doing now but I would still say it's close between those 3 shows.

Speaking of Pokemon's ratings now, what exactly does 2.0 mean? Can someone explain to me how Pokemon is doing in the ratings today? Is 2.0 good? Is it bad? Did DP have better ratings than BW?

Pokemon bw right now would be getting 2.0-2.5 every episode and it's usually the highest rated show on cn

Pokemon DP would usually get around a 1.0-1.7, but when diamond and pearl originally started it could sometimes scrape 3.0's

Pokemon advance would usually get around a 2.0-3.0 while advance battle would go around a 1.5-2.0

Cn isn't anywhere near to nick or disney ratings wise so this reflects on the ratings, but it defiantly is one of the most popular franchises ever

Pokemon bw right now would be getting 2.0-2.5 every episode and it's usually the highest rated show on cn

Pokemon DP would usually get around a 1.0-1.7, but when diamond and pearl originally started it could sometimes scrape 3.0's

Pokemon advance would usually get around a 2.0-3.0 while advance battle would go around a 1.5-2.0

Cn isn't anywhere near to nick or disney ratings wise so this reflects on the ratings, but it defiantly is one of the most popular franchises ever

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N.), can you explain to me what a 2.0 rating means?

Status
Not open for further replies.