• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Pokemon is the most popular show ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon was on top during the mid to late 90s it was the best anime show ever. Pokemon Black and White series is doing more better in getting higher ratings then the Diamond and Pearl series which ratings were kinda low during it's time on CN.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Pokemon was on top during the mid to late 90s it was the best anime show ever. Pokemon Black and White series is doing more better in getting higher ratings then the Diamond and Pearl series which ratings were kinda low during it's time on CN.

BW's ratings are about the same as DP's were. There's hardly any difference.

Thriller

Its almost time
What is this? I don't even

I mean, what kind of discussion is this? Outside the Pokemon community, the franchise is still frowned upon by people who have accepted Pokemon as a "fad" (which was true, just as the Smurfs was once).

Best Wishes hasn't even been too particularly groundbreaking, especially with them wimping out on the Team Plasma stuff (and abandoning the best villainous team ever in the Pokemon Games).

I mean, what kind of discussion is this? Outside the Pokemon community, the franchise is still frowned upon by people who have accepted Pokemon as a "fad" (which was true, just as the Smurfs was once).

Best Wishes hasn't even been too particularly groundbreaking, especially with them wimping out on the Team Plasma stuff (and abandoning the best villainous team ever in the Pokemon Games).

What? It sold over 10 million copies for its 5th generation Black and White games and the tv show is still doing well in the ratings. It's one of the highest rated shows on CN. So Pokemon is certainly not a fad. And Team Plasma is coming back. It has been announced.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

You must be talking to adults then, because the target audience of Pokemon "10 years of age" were to young to have noticed pokemon in there prime, and by young i mean they were not even born.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, I don't know much about the huge hits in USA, but if I had to toss the two cents I don't have I'd say it was really popular, but I wouldn't call it "most popular ever".

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
No. I think the Simpsons are. I think Pokemon is one of the most popular animes in Japan. Well atleast for children that is.

Pokemon is very kid friendly. Its meant to be addictive whether boys or girls. Most of the pokemon are cute and friendly, definitely for girls as well as most of the pokemon are also tough and evil looking for the boys. Most especially tt has its own cartoon series

SBaby

Dungeon Master
That's a difficult one to answer, because it may seem within the fanbase that Pokemon is indeed the most popular show ever made. But outside of the fanbase, there are alot of people that can't stand us. And I hate to make this comparison, because I know it might start an argument and that's not my intention. This is just a reference. But it's true, and Pokemon fans KNOW it's true, whether they want to admit it or not.

People outside of the fanbase hate Pokemon fans for the same reasons that non-Bronies hate Bronies (I have nothing against Bronies; I'm one, myself; remember, Love and Tolerate). Because the fanbase makes it as much an Internet meme as it is a franchise, and people can't go anywhere without seeing it. Youtube, DeviantArt, Facebook, ALL of them have pages and pages of Pokemon videos and pictures. It's everywhere, much in the same way that Transformers and Ninja Turtles were everywhere when I was a kid (only we didn't have the Internet back then, but they were everywhere else).

So back to the actual question. Is it the most popular show? Probably not. That's a stretch. But it IS and probably will be for awhile, exceedingly popular.

Black & White are getting a sequel, so it's likely we'll be seeing more of them in future episodes (Gotta Sell 'Em All!).

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
BW's ratings are about the same as DP's were. There's hardly any difference.

Hmm makes you wonder if by looking at this they will just keep everything the same for the next generation with minor tweaks or they will try out something different to improve ratings.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Naah, if it was, there'd be millions of more people for me to talk about it with on this forum xD;

Well, okay, I guess kids kind of count as a lot of the fandom....

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
The Pokemon anime is far from being the most popular show ever made. Perhaps one of the most popular children's shows, but the fanbase is restricted to almost exclusively children, and most grow out of it. I'd say Survivor is probably the most popular show ever made (though I personally dislike it), since virtually everyone in Western/Western-influenced society knows about, and has watched it at some point.

Casp3r

DaRkRaI Go!!!!!
I don’t know about most popular. It has to compete against Loony Toones, Tom and Jerry, Power Rangers, all of those super hero cartoons that get revamped, and The Simpsons. If you guys think you see something new, remember that The Simpson did it, Simpsons did it!

Ludger

スポック
Is everything we talked is on Western Sides. I think we should more focus on every region in the world. I kinda agree it is one of the greatest Children Anime of all time but I think we should compare it to another anime such as Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh(That is on Western region). It is still shares its Rivallity with Doraemon in Japan though(Since Doraemon is made at 1969). But I think for Pokefan(Generally) it is the greatest. I don't know what to say about the greatest show other than pokemon. But It might be the greatest anime in the western region(Such as USA). Besides I differ between Shows and Anime. It is very different thing(For me though)

zeno48

Zaker!
No i think that would be dragon ball z or one piece. I can think of other anime that i prefer over pokemon but it's ok. Not the greatest show ever but ok.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
What kinda question is this? While Pokemon is a franchise of Atlas proportions, the animu is a shadow of it's former self, never to regain its former glory. In America, reality TV shows are the way to go while in Britain (and to an extent, Ireland) soaps are universally beloved, but if there's anywhere that Pokemon's popularity can really be determined as such, it's gotta be Japan.
I don't think I've ever seen another show on Keyhole that has adverts solely regarding the franchise during breaks, for Mwynn's sake.

Luka

Pop Master
Actually yes because... God! Pokemon is a legend! Maybe it first years where bad because of the situations that everybody know, but the staff didn't gave up and now it is very very very popular, say, I wish my kids could know Pokemon, I know this empire (because Pokemon is an empire) will last forever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.