• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think Pokemon Teaches Life Lessons?

In some cases during the Anime and Main Games, the user is always bombarded with statements such as " Always be kind to your Pokemon, as they are your friends."

So this got me thinking. Does Pokemon teach any more life lessons?

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I think the Anime has definitely taught life lessons. Help others, make friends, dream big, and do all you can to accomplish your goals are just a few that have been highlighted throughout the series.

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
I think the Anime has definitely taught life lessons. Help others, make friends, dream big, and do all you can to accomplish your goals are just a few that have been highlighted throughout the series.

And bet money your pet can beat up someone else's.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
There are a surprising amount of problems that can be solved with violence.

matt0044

There are a surprising amount of problems that can be solved with violence.

When there's no choice. I mean, not everyone's going to stop doing bad due to words alone.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Not much, really. There are some lessons about treating living creatures with respect, but that's about it. Other than that, it's all for fun.

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
Yes, the pokemon anime does teach life lessons.
Follow your dreams, be a good friend, never give up, love your pokemon, don't judge by strength and be a good person. But the most important lesson I learnt is that Pochama and Pikachu are super cute.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
it taughted me that u can squash animals in2 ballz smaller than themselve.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The anime definitely teaches life lessons. :)

Whether or not someone is keen enough to see that those life lessons were put into the show and whether or not someone is willing to learn from the show are other stories.
And that doesn't prevent someone from learning those same life lessons somewhere else, either.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

The anime smh teaches you to make friends, be helpful, dream big, etc.

Orbis

What?
The manga has taught me not to beat up your kids or they will become brats who think they're too good to battle.

Can you tell I don't like Ruby and Norman?

Pippi

Cool
The anime gives quite a few life lessons, but being nice to others seems to be the big one.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
The First Movie teaches us that if we learn a lesson like say Violence is wrong, if our memories are wiped and we can't remember the lesson it's okay to still be violent.....

Also Legendary Pokemon shouldn't be caught. We can't harness mother nature or play God.

DMerle

Guess who's back
It's taught me plenty of lessons, I now go about beating up kids, taking there dinner money, throwing stuff at helpless animals and generally being a piece of crap.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Yes, the pokemon anime does teach life lessons.
Follow your dreams, be a good friend, never give up, love your pokemon, don't judge by strength and be a good person. But the most important lesson I learnt is that Pochama and Pikachu are super cute.

^ This ;)

....But DMerle's post made me lul XD;

AHHHH THERE IS NO ESCAPING THE CHAOS
8D

...But, really, the good seem's to outweigh the bad. For the most part^^ And, trust me, I don't really mind pokemon near as much as some other 'children' media....dare I mension names? >.<;

Also, Ash's Pikachu is soo cheerful^^ A lot of the characters in genneral are^^ Even Team Rocket...8D Look how much they lost! lol you'd think they'd be soooo gloomy by now..XD; :D