• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think SM Ash was a downgrade as a trainer?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
No, SM team is good but his older Pokemon are stronger.
@TheWanderingMist, Pikachu >>> SM team( no Pikachu). Lmao
Also, Other two Regis >> Regice. No one from SM would've beaten Regice. Maybe Incineroar would and that's it(barely).

Sure buddy that's your very subjective opinion tho. Also Pikachu is in SM team so nobody defeated regice from his bf team either

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Sure buddy that's your very subjective opinion tho. Also Pikachu is in SM team so nobody defeated regice from his bf team either
Actually, if you watched anime you'd understand that's coming from objective side. So, based on your logic if I say Greninja > Melmetal that's my subjective opinion, while fact is Greninja>> Melmetal? BF Pikachu did beat Regice.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Actually, if you watched anime you'd understand that's coming from objective side. So, based on your logic if I say Greninja > Melmetal that's my subjective opinion, while fact is Greninja>> Melmetal? BF Pikachu did beat Regice.

That's totally different. Greninja was in a whole other league coz he was his ace and had that bond. Heck tho if the writers wanted they could have melmetal defeat Greninja with an iron bash :p
What I'm saying is how you completely disregard the SM team while overhyping his original team. SM ash can easily do what he did in BF. If he only used his hoenn team in the BF I don't see him winning. So yeah SM Ash with reserves will absolutely destroy BF, and incineroar, lycanroc, Pikachu and melmetal will easily defeat the 4 Pokemon Brandon had when he faced Ash. C'mon now.

CMButch

That's totally different. Greninja was in a whole other league coz he was his ace and had that bond. Heck tho if the writers wanted they could have melmetal defeat Greninja with an iron bash :p
What I'm saying is how you completely disregard the SM team while overhyping his original team. SM ash can easily do what he did in BF. If he only used his hoenn team in the BF I don't see him winning. So yeah SM Ash with reserves will absolutely destroy BF, and incineroar, lycanroc, Pikachu and melmetal will easily defeat the 4 Pokemon Brandon had when he faced Ash. C'mon now.
What writers want is different style, it's lamest excuse ever, especially on these forums. We're talking about what feats we are presented with. I agreed that SM Ash with the reserves ( GPCISS) would destroy BF and would do same if SM Ash was in BF ( 2006). Yeah, I agree with that that he would, but with 3 Regis vs Ash's SM team, Ash would lose.But point is with BF team, BF or SM Ash would do better than SM team, that's the point.

Ash's strongest SM member ( not counting Pikachus) is Incineroar and Incineroar would do good, amazing against BF Sceptile, BF Snorlax and BF Charizard but would lose.
So it goes: BF Charizard > BF Sceptile >(enraged) BF Snorlax > Incineroar > BF Torkoal > Melmetal(probably) >= (enraged)DL(probably if not change Melmetal and DL) > Naganadel >= BF Heracross or BF Bulbasaur(Depending on what Pokemon you choose) > Rowlet.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'd say that Incineroar could beat Registeel without huge difficulty and Melmetal could beat Regice (not so sure about this one) in a close fight, but yeah, Regirock beats the other 3 (though they'd wear him down a bit), maybe Melmetal and Roar could beat him afterwards though

CMButch

I'd say that Incineroar could beat Registeel without huge difficulty and Melmetal could beat Regice (not so sure about this one) in a close fight, but yeah, Regirock beats the other 3 (though they'd wear him down a bit), maybe Melmetal and Roar could beat him afterwards though
Melmetal wouldn't beat Regice and I don't think Incine would beat Registeel. At best Incineroar would beat Regice and that's about it. Maybe tie with it like he did with Kukui's.
But if we go by that then Snorlax, Sceptile and Charizard( BF) would've beaten Regice.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Melmetal wouldn't beat Regice and I don't think Incine would beat Registeel. At best Incineroar would beat Regice and that's about it. Maybe tie with it like he did with Kukui's.
But if we go by that then Snorlax, Sceptile and Charizard( BF) would've beaten Regice.
Charizard fell to Dusclops in the same battle. What are you talking about??

Lunanight

No, that was outlier,I already said that... Because if we go by that Dusclops > Regice, which is nope.

To be fair, even before Ash screwed up by using Seismic Toss, both BF Charizard and Dusclops seemed roughly comparable. The implication is that BF Charizard was stronger than it, but not by much. Dusclops couldn't be that much weaker than Charizard, otherwise it wouldn't have been so back-and-forth prior to Seismic Toss. Especially since BF Charizard was slightly stronger than Regice, who was slightly stronger than Dusclops.

Also, Dusclops being stronger than BF Charizard wouldn't even make sense from a writing perspective. If it were stronger than Charizard, then why would the writers have Ash make an obvious mistake when they could have had Charizard lose legitmately? The answer being that BF Charizard was slightly stronger than Regice, and also Regice being slightly stronger than Dusclops. The gap between Charizard and Dusclops was simply small enough that Ash's mistake tipped the scales in Brandon's favour, but if that mistake never happened, BF Charizard would have won.

So I'd say it was more like: Regirock > BF Charizard = BF Sceptile => BF Pikachu > Registeel = Regice > Dusclops > Noland's Articuno > Any other Frontier Brain Pokemon. Regice was slightly stronger than Dusclops even despite Regice having basically zero battle experience, and I'd put both it and Dusclops above any of the other Frontier Brain Pokemon. But despite how it looks, the gap between BF Charizard/Sceptile and Dusclops probably wouldn't be that big of a gap.

Remember that Brandon was still the strongest Frontier Brain before he even had Registeel and Regice, and its very likely he was still the strongest Frontier Brain even before getting Regirock. So I think its plausable that Dusclops could have been his former ace, but was 'demoted' to being a non-ace when Brandon got Regirock and it became his strongest Pokemon, and this would be more apparent by the time Brandon got Registeel and Regice. Yet this only goes to show how strong Regice and Registeel are that they, without any battle experience whatsoever, were either equal to Brandon's Dusclops or were just straight-up stronger than it.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
To be fair, even before Ash screwed up by using Seismic Toss, both BF Charizard and Dusclops seemed roughly comparable. The implication is that BF Charizard was stronger than it, but not by much. Dusclops couldn't be that much weaker than Charizard, otherwise it wouldn't have been so back-and-forth prior to Seismic Toss. Especially since BF Charizard was slightly stronger than Regice, who was slightly stronger than Dusclops.

Also, Dusclops being stronger than BF Charizard wouldn't even make sense from a writing perspective. If it were stronger than Charizard, then why would the writers have Ash make an obvious mistake when they could have had Charizard lose legitmately? The answer being that BF Charizard was slightly stronger than Regice, and also Regice being slightly stronger than Dusclops. The gap between Charizard and Dusclops was simply small enough that Ash's mistake tipped the scales in Brandon's favour, but if that mistake never happened, BF Charizard would have won.

So I'd say it was more like: Regirock > BF Charizard = BF Sceptile => BF Pikachu > Registeel = Regice > Dusclops > Noland's Articuno > Any other Frontier Brain Pokemon. Regice was slightly stronger than Dusclops even despite Regice having basically zero battle experience, and I'd put both it and Dusclops above any of the other Frontier Brain Pokemon. But despite how it looks, the gap between BF Charizard/Sceptile and Dusclops probably wouldn't be that big of a gap.

Remember that Brandon was still the strongest Frontier Brain before he even had Registeel and Regice, and its very likely he was still the strongest Frontier Brain even before getting Regirock. So I think its plausable that Dusclops could have been his former ace, but was 'demoted' to being a non-ace when Brandon got Regirock and it became his strongest Pokemon, and this would be more apparent by the time Brandon got Registeel and Regice. Yet this only goes to show how strong Regice and Registeel are that they, without any battle experience whatsoever, were either equal to Brandon's Dusclops or were just straight-up stronger than it.
Just 1 question, why would you put Sceptile above Pikachu?