• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think Soul will join the group or just be a rival?

benking27

HTML:
Maybe Brenden and Wally will appear and May will become the 5th generation females rival after the RS remakes are made

I absolutely love this idea! Amazing thinking, Thunderblade!

Darkxninga

Guess you didn't check the new title thread here's the link for yah ^^

link: http://imepita.jp/20090826/641280

o_o this was a total shock to me (seeing her in the anime) I was sure she'd just make a movie cameo. Well I just hope they gave her a good personalitiy and not make her a (snobby) rival (and her losing to Dawn will get me ticked off in contest or battle). Im hoping she just does either gym or contests or at least like a friend rival like with May. I cant wait to see what this episode'll be like. "Soul" should also have nice pokemon too :) I can imagine her with a sentret, mareep, and others lol

Also: hoping "Soul" will be a rival for Ash or something.

Last edited:

Lemonade

It may just be me, but she doesn't seem like the coordinator type at all. And quite frankly, I don't want her to be. Dawn already has two (badly handled as is) rivals. Why would the writers go on to give her another one? Even if Soul were to be a CotD (which would suck when she's supposed to be one of the main characters of her respective game) having her be a coordinator would just be stupid. There's Pokethlon items right in front of them. Aren't they going to explain that?

I could see Soul being either a CotD that introduces the Pokethlon to the anime or a recurring character. She could perhaps be a mentor or coach to Ash/Dawn, but not a rival.
Her actually joining the main cast is extremely unlikely, although I'd be quite happy if that were the case. I'd love to have a new character add a little life to a dull cast of mains. If she does Pokethlon, it would be a great way to advertise HGSS and her role wouldn't interfere with anyone else's.

Manchee

extra toasty
Shadow Gamer said:
Why does everyone dub the girl "Soul" and the boy "Heart"? to me that makes no sense and should be the other way around.

People do not dub the guy "Heart," they dub him Gold after his Manga counterpart. Soul is named Soul because she was introduced in SoulSilver, and will appear in the manga as Soul.

And now that I've though about this, my hopes of anyone catching a Totodile or Chikorita in DP143 have been lowered. You say Soul appears in the one hour special on September 17? Makes sense if she's the one who owns Chikorita and Totodile considering the title is "Johto Festa! Chikorita and Totodile Appear!!"

BA~~

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I think she'll likely be a CoTD. Maybe a CoTD for 2-3 days, if we're lucky.

^ This. It's too early to think she'd be a Replacement to Dawn (not until after the Sinnoh Grand Festival at least) and too late to add her to the Main Cast for the season.

The Pokethlons don't look very interesting IMO and Dawn might finally have a rival that's not boring.

Way to judge a thing that hasn't even appeared yet. I remain optimistic.

It may just be me, but she doesn't seem like the coordinator type at all.

There's Pokethlon items right in front of them. Aren't they going to explain that?

Same. It seems kind of obvious she's plugging the Pokethlon.

milenadrg

Hm, I doubt they are going to put her as main cast, they never had two girls. I highly doubt she's going to replace Dawn. As for rival, she can became one or just appear in one episode an never again...

Manene!

You know, the writer's should just have her join the cast. I mean, give her Chikorita and Totodile, and use her to showcase Johto Pokemon instead of shoving them on Dawn.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
She will not replace Dawn. If anything, she will be a rival.

There is another option too. Both of them travelling together. Although I can barely see that happen. There would be too many "main" characters, that Ash and Pikachu wouldn't get enough screentime.

^ This. It's too early to think she'd be a Replacement to Dawn (not until after the Sinnoh Grand Festival at least) and too late to add her to the Main Cast for the season.

Way to judge a thing that hasn't even appeared yet. I remain optimistic.

Same. It seems kind of obvious she's plugging the Pokethlon.

Yeah I believe she will do the Pokethlon (maybe compete with Brock who might do the Pokethlon too?) and compete with Dawn if she switches from contests to Pokethlon events. So I definitely see her as some sort of rival who will be popping in randomly like Barry, or appearing when the time for a contest/pokethlon event comes. Dawn is staying in my opinion for at least another season.

What are you talking about? Join the group? No chance!

Yeah Dawn should leave. But I think Soul will join the main cast in BF saga. As for now this might just be a hint which makes Dawn possibility of staying in BF too low. She has two Johto starter what else she needs if Ash can bring back Cyndaquil. But fire starter was shafted in last BF saga and we can't lay our hope on that now.

Gizadude

I think she'll just appear to be an advertizement for HGSS and also to show off the Pokethlon. After that , the most I see her doing is making a cameo appearance in the filler saga if its in Johto.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I hope Soul in the anime does not mess with whatever the writers were obviously planning with Marina. It worries that perhaps the anime writers were told that there would be a Johto Remake and thus started to drop hints of Marina in D/P as they assumed she would be the female main character again.

I hope for some Marina/Soul interaction, personally since they both started at Elm's. If Soul has Totodile, even better.

TicoPokemonMaster

^ I agree with you Alfonso. I hope that they don't forget about Marina. When I saw the episode where Team Rocket stole Totodile I use to think that it belonged to Marina. But then I learned that she started out the same day that Jimmy and Jackson did. What got me thinking just now was what if the Totodile Prof. Elm was going to give went to Soul and she decided not to evolve it. That is if she really does have a totodile.

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
Soul wouldn't join the group... Because if you pick Gold (Like the Real Game) Soul wouldn't exist,if you pick Soul,Gold wouldn't exist... so you can pick only one child :l .

TicoPokemonMaster

Soul wouldn't join the group... Because if you pick Gold (Like the Real Game) Soul wouldn't exist,if you pick Soul,Gold wouldn't exist... so you can pick only one child :l .

I'd take a second look at serebii.net if I were you especially at the picture where gold is with chickorita( I think) and Soul is taking to him with her Marill

TicoPokemonMaster

As much as i want her to appear i think she will go the way of leaf and not be shown which sucks.

There is already proof in the thread DP 143 which show a japanese tv guide with Ash and Co. and Soul.