1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think that Sword and Shield will flop?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by MugoUrth, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MugoUrth

MugoUrth Bibarel's adorable.

I have been hearing a lot of negative things about sword and shield. The graphics are clunky, the National dex is gone, you can't catch certain Pokemon unless you have a certain badge oh, people don't like the giant Pokemon gimmick (I actually do, though), the list goes on. Part of me feels like it'll make its money back in spite of the negativity, but a lot of people swear they're not going to buy either of these games.

2. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

It’s unlikely that they will flop - it’s a Pokemon game after all.

I do see them potentially selling less than other pairs that have started generations. It wouldn’t be all that wild for them to sell under what Black and White sold. That would be low enough to get attention from GF and company.

3. dss_live

dss_live Water and Fairy-type master

Nope

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Chief Fehnix

It's a mainline Pokemon game it's not flopping. Ever!

Satoshi & Touko likes this.
  5. DaddyOak

DaddyOak Well-Known Member

but pokemon black & white sold pretty much the same amount like with sun & moon and X & Y it's like a 500 - 700 kish overall difference

high 15.65M vs 16.42 on Xy and 16.17 for sun & moon

and black & white 2 sold pretty much equal amounts like ultra sun & moon

6. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

Nooooope. I'm not ever gonna believe these games will flop, no matter what others say.

7. xayshade

xayshade Active Member

It will probably do the least of the starting generations with all this controversy. But it will still sell well

8. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria ☆~Shiny hunter▢~ and Animal Crossing

It is a reasonable expectation that Sword and Shield will sell at least 10 million copies worldwide eventually and it is almost guaranteed to happen. I am not so sure if it will reach a 15 million target or not but it could still happen. We don't know at this point to what degree the controversies surrounding it pre-launch will affect its sales but only time will tell.

9. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

It might not be flopping completely by any means, but doing 15m or less is still a big enough drop from last generation (and the two before it) to make an impact on whether they meet revenue expectations.

10. DaddyOak

DaddyOak Well-Known Member

it might not flop but it will most likely go in the history books of a game released with tons of angry people spreading negativity. the whole dexit movement and the leaks making people even more angry.

every generation you had people complaining about especially designs or some minor other things feutes etc but those are small stuff compared to what happened this time around with dexit and the other suprises. this is definitely a first in this scale for the pokemon series.

hope people will enjoy the game though review sites give it 9 or higher so its probably good

BossGiovanni and Satoshi & Touko like this.
  11. TsengHyena

TsengHyena Well-Known Member

It won't flop, but it'll be like X and Y was, the worst game of the console they are on.

12. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Nope.

Satoshi & Touko likes this.
  13. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

[​IMG]

Jokes aside, ask yourself this? Has a Pokemon game ever flop? Also by Pokemon game, I don't just mean the main series but also spinoffs too.

Orphalesion and Satoshi & Touko like this.
  14. Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969 Well-Known Member

No, the games won't flop and I hope there will never be another pokemon game with this kind of negativity again.

15. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

Not only are the games NOT going to flop, I'm confident in sales reaching over 16M with potential to break 20M.

16. Kangaflora

Kangaflora Well-Known Member

Somehow I highly doubt that it will flop, but I will extremely surprised if it does flop. Besides, these games have caused a massive headache for some of the sites. There are even Twitter users who have thrown some nasty abuse towards Serebii, the founder of this forum. In fact, I'm worried that this thread may attract unwanted attention from haters that want the games to flop. I personally think it would be best if this thread was locked with immediate effect.

17. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure it won't be long before this thread spirals out of control and the senseless arguing and personal attacks ensue. I'm just going to save our mod team the trouble and close this thing now. Sorry folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.