• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that Sword and Shield will flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I have been hearing a lot of negative things about sword and shield. The graphics are clunky, the National dex is gone, you can't catch certain Pokemon unless you have a certain badge oh, people don't like the giant Pokemon gimmick (I actually do, though), the list goes on. Part of me feels like it'll make its money back in spite of the negativity, but a lot of people swear they're not going to buy either of these games.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
It’s unlikely that they will flop - it’s a Pokemon game after all.

I do see them potentially selling less than other pairs that have started generations. It wouldn’t be all that wild for them to sell under what Black and White sold. That would be low enough to get attention from GF and company.

DaddyOak

It’s unlikely that they will flop - it’s a Pokemon game after all.

I do see them potentially selling less than other pairs that have started generations. It wouldn’t be all that wild for them to sell under what Black and White sold. That would be low enough to get attention from GF and company.

but pokemon black & white sold pretty much the same amount like with sun & moon and X & Y it's like a 500 - 700 kish overall difference

high 15.65M vs 16.42 on Xy and 16.17 for sun & moon

and black & white 2 sold pretty much equal amounts like ultra sun & moon

xayshade

It will probably do the least of the starting generations with all this controversy. But it will still sell well

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It is a reasonable expectation that Sword and Shield will sell at least 10 million copies worldwide eventually and it is almost guaranteed to happen. I am not so sure if it will reach a 15 million target or not but it could still happen. We don't know at this point to what degree the controversies surrounding it pre-launch will affect its sales but only time will tell.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
but pokemon black & white sold pretty much the same amount like with sun & moon and X & Y it's like a 500 - 700 kish overall difference

high 15.65M vs 16.42 on Xy and 16.17 for sun & moon

and black & white 2 sold pretty much equal amounts like ultra sun & moon

It might not be flopping completely by any means, but doing 15m or less is still a big enough drop from last generation (and the two before it) to make an impact on whether they meet revenue expectations.

DaddyOak

It might not be flopping completely by any means, but doing 15m or less is still a big enough drop from last generation (and the two before it) to make an impact on whether they meet revenue expectations.

it might not flop but it will most likely go in the history books of a game released with tons of angry people spreading negativity. the whole dexit movement and the leaks making people even more angry.

every generation you had people complaining about especially designs or some minor other things feutes etc but those are small stuff compared to what happened this time around with dexit and the other suprises. this is definitely a first in this scale for the pokemon series.

hope people will enjoy the game though review sites give it 9 or higher so its probably good

TsengHyena

It won't flop, but it'll be like X and Y was, the worst game of the console they are on.

Kangaflora

Somehow I highly doubt that it will flop, but I will extremely surprised if it does flop. Besides, these games have caused a massive headache for some of the sites. There are even Twitter users who have thrown some nasty abuse towards Serebii, the founder of this forum. In fact, I'm worried that this thread may attract unwanted attention from haters that want the games to flop. I personally think it would be best if this thread was locked with immediate effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.