1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by MiloticTwins, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

1. Yes

78.8%
  2. Probably

9.1%
  3. Not Sure

6.1%
  4. Probably Not

3.0%
  5. Never

3.0%
  1. MiloticTwins

MiloticTwins Well-Known Member

Professor Kukui has currently intended to establish an Alolan Pokémon League Conference, so that Ash can join the tournament to win the finals on becoming an Alolan Pokémon Champion once he has won the Grand trials on all Island Kahunas. Please let me know whether or not you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference, or if not, please tell me why not? All the best. ;)

2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yes. Kukui mentioned it at least 4 times. It's happening.

3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well I doubt they would keep hinting and referencing the League if there wasn't one eventually. Seems kind of obvious

4. Zipper4242

Zipper4242 Still salty from XYZ

Both his league progression and the story of SM implies that our boy may actually have a chance at winning. It would be cruel for the writers to get our hopes up for a league victory and then ruthlessly crush our drea- oh wait, Kalos League already happened lololololol.

Seriously, though, I honestly do think that all the references, the (U)SM story, and the fact that we haven't seen reserves in a while means that we're going to get a league, and one where Ash places pretty darn high, at least in the top two. I absolutely cannot see a Unova-League type league, where Ash beats his rival in the first round and then does worse than the previous region. This league, I predict, will be more like a Sinnoh League, with epic battles, reserves, and Ash pushing himself to the limits against trainers that have strategies that he has never seen before, either winning the whole thing or losing to the champion (except for BW, he has always lost to the champ since Hoenn), dealing him a blow like nobody ever has before (such as forcing him/her to use other Pokemon besides their ace *cough* Darkrai and Mega Charizard X *cough*). In other words, with all the buildup to it in the earlier episodes of SM, this league, even if he doesn't win it all, will be epic, not crammed together and compressed like the Kalos League (which, btw, I am not hating on. I actually thought was one of the better leagues, just too compressed and a very disappointing final episode that felt more like a setup to Team Flare than the conclusion to the league arc). It's just too overhyped and I do not think that the writers would overhype something of this magnitude without properly executing the idea.

Heck, who knows, because there IS no Alola League, because there probably IS no Island Champion, we could have Ash fight the future champion or Elite 4 of Alola (and not get totally curbstomped by them, but actually put up a good fight like he did against Diantha's Mega Gardevoir with Ash-Greninja). Because there is no league, and because Alola is so untraditional compared to the other six regions, we are in totally uncharted territory. The writers could literally do ANYTHING they want, which, if you ask me, is a good thing that will break us away from the stale formula that has been used.

5. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Active Member

I think it's a given that there is going to be a league. But it's gonna suck like the Kalos league.

6. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja XY/XY(Z): GOAT saga in the Pokemon anime

Is there honestly any doubt at the moment about whether there will be a League, after it has referenced and mentioned so many times already in the anime? Ash and Kiawe were also shown being quite excited about participating in the League.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    blizzardblaze and RileyXY1 like this.
  7. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Very sleepy...zzz...

Probably.
    If only the classmates are participating in it, or if the league is set up different from the past leagues then Ash may win, but if it's just like the other regional leagues then Ash is guaranteed a loss and will probably place somewhere between the top 2-top 8.

blizzardblaze likes this.
  8. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist OS>SM/XY>BW>AG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DP

It's going to happen. Kukui wouldn't have bothered to mention it otherwise. Who knows? Maybe it'll be a draw for the top spot this time, maybe he'll place lower like what happened in Unova (except he didn't lose his intelligence this time).

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Yes, but hopefully it isn't placed on Melemele. I don't care if it's not on Lanakilla, I just don't want it stuck on Melemele. I'm tired of it being the center of the damn universe

RileyXY1 likes this.
  10. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Well-Known Member

I had a thought a while back... Given how the anime has progressed since then I doubt it will happen because I feel they'd need to have started building it up already but... you know what I wish the anime would do? Have the series have Lilie's growth as a trainer be a consistent B-plot, with her getting more Pokémon and evolving them at the same pace as Satoshi, and then when the League comes, she would be the one to beat him. I mean, when the League comes he's inevitably going to lose, so to me at least, having the person who defeats him be someone whose growth we've also been following throughout the entire series would make it a lot less disappointing. But, as I said, if they were going that direction, they probably should have started building towards it quite a while ago. Since she still only has one Pokémon, who at the moment is pulling a Pikachu and refusing to evolve (on top of having a moveset that's mostly based around support), I doubt this idea will actually happen.

11. Ignition

Ignition Some of you complain about anything lol

Meh, anything could happen.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  12. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

if it does happen I can't see it being treated as being on par with past leagues, it'd be more like a side league at best, meaning even if Ash did win it, he wouldn't be going to the champion's league.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The friendly Belgian Eevee

It is still pokémon... And it is SM so you never know what to expect

Ignition likes this.
  14. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

Seriously? People were afraid of Sawyer defeating Ash in the league because he was a novice and you want something worse than that?

Zoruagible likes this.
  15. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja XY/XY(Z): GOAT saga in the Pokemon anime

Didn't Sawyer have a rapid plot-powered progression via which he made vast improvements as a trainer, and also was mentored by Hoenn Champion Steven Stone even prior to the League (which was confirmed later on)? I don't see how Sawyer and Lillie are even remotely comparable.

Regardless, the dream crusher, a.k.a., the one who beats Ash in the League this time around, isn't gonna be Lillie in all probability, it's likely gonna be either Gladion or a League-only rival character who is gonna be introduced just before the League like Harrison, Tyson, Cameron, or a walking DEM like Tobias(though the chances of it are likely less).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  16. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Well-Known Member

I don't think that the climax of a series would be good enough without some kind of battles in the end. If not proper league, it could be something like OI or BF, though chances of a proper league are higher after so many references to it by Kukui!

17. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Well considering that the 'Sun & Moon' anime has to run until atleast another year, the writers would need materials for the story until then.

I mean the UB storyline is past half point now with 7 of the 11 already covered , after which we might have a Necrozma & TR arc. And Ash only has to do one Grand Trial left (with a random Trial before that). All of these could easily covered by the end of this year (with the pace SM Saga is going).
    So, they would need some after that part, as well.

18. satopi

satopi ~Happy birthday to me~

Yes, it's already been established. And Ash is supposed to battle Kukui ever since he originally was going to in episode 2 until Tapu Koko interrupted.

19. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I hope so, I want more hints for the Alola League tho like the requirements for enter (I guess the trials/grand trials).

20. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

If reserves are available then could those be what gives the classmates their 6 pokemon?? I highly doubt Kiawe is gonna get 6 anytime soon and Ash has some fire types like pignite that would love to be used again