• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters
And NOT like the mediocre Unova League either...

It would be ideal if we got another league like the Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto or even Kanto ones even if they skip 1 battle but I got a feeling the Alola League will be like a Don tournament, welp at least those were better than the actual Unova League...
Oh yeah, Unova was definitely the worst one.

I liked Johto, but battles weren't that great back then. So I'm hoping for Sinnoh level of greatness.

DatsRight

I feel like Unova whittled down because it spread so many battles (as in proper non-curbstomp battles) throughout the whole series, what with the tournaments and even Team Rocket putting up more of a fight. It couldn't keep up a consistent quality. The others had the standard formula so prioritised the main arc battles. Kalos had slightly more rival battles plus some of the best regarded gym battles in the whole show, so that's maybe why they ran out of steam a little with other parts like the league.

Alola has downplayed battles altogether, and even some ones they do are a bit more story revolved than strategy (eg. Nanu's Grand Trial), so I feel like they should be able to give us at least some noteworthy moment in the league.

Master Pikachu 11

I feel like Unova whittled down because it spread so many battles (as in proper non-curbstomp battles) throughout the whole series, what with the tournaments and even Team Rocket putting up more of a fight. It couldn't keep up a consistent quality. The others had the standard formula so prioritised the main arc battles. Kalos had slightly more rival battles plus some of the best regarded gym battles in the whole show, so that's maybe why they ran out of steam a little with other parts like the league.

Alola has downplayed battles altogether, and even some ones they do are a bit more story revolved than strategy (eg. Nanu's Grand Trial), so I feel like they should be able to give us at least some noteworthy moment in the league.

In regards to Kalos, I feel that even though the gym battles were really good, Ash used Talonflame too much and I wished Noivern was used a little more. Also another problem with Kalos was the first episode of the league should have happened before the league started like instead of doing that pointless Clemont filler, it should have been that story and then we see Ash and his Pokémon battle other trainers such as Astrid instead. Hopefully this league will be treated the same way as Sinnoh was.

@yab, Gladion is pretty much Ash’s main rival so I don’t think there is anyway that he would not be in the league

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The new version of the opening literally added shots of Professor Kukui overseeing the construction of the Alola League.

JC317

Kind of feels like a poor use of space in the stadium doesn't it, with less than one-thirds of the stadium floor being used as the actual battlefield...

Seriously, look at all that empty space on either side of the battlefield in the OP

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Kind of feels like a poor use of space in the stadium doesn't it, with less than one-thirds of the stadium floor being used as the actual battlefield...

Seriously, look at all that empty space on either side of the battlefield in the OP
I'm sure if they go out of bounds it won't be a disqualification and don't forget, this is from an opening, not an episode. It might be different when the league comes around.

Remix2

Look like the league might happen during the middle of this year given the updated opening.

Which is appropriate since I can’t see this being the last big arc to end the series on given how little buildup it had.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I hope we get changing battlefields and that they're actually interesting (like say, the forest and waterfall battlefields from kalos, and NOT the plains or grass battlefields also from kalos)

nuzamaki90

I know I’m not the only one who noticed that Kukui pictured Ash and the Royal Mask fighting with Incineroar and Pikachu?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It would be a nice touch if Ash gives Kukui some advice on how to make it, as its a continuity call-back to how he's been in every region

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Since Kukui is shown in the League settlement in the opening, it seems that the Alola League will happen soon. Maybe after Ash completes his Poni Grand Trial. Right now we are at SM105 and seems that Ash will battle Hapu after SM108. I have noted that they added Dia and Zeraora in the episode they appeared, replacing Eevee and Mantine scene, and after SM101 they replaced the scene with Misty and Brock. Thus maybe it spoils that the Alola League will happen soon, maybe might have finished by SM120, giving us at least 20 post league episodes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Since Kukui is shown in the League settlement in the opening, it seems that the Alola League will happen soon. Maybe after Ash completes his Poni Grand Trial. Right now we are at SM105 and seems that Ash will battle Hapu after SM108. I have noted that they added Dia and Zeraora in the episode they appeared, replacing Eevee and Mantine scene, and after SM101 they replaced the scene with Misty and Brock. Thus maybe it spoils that the Alola League will happen soon, maybe might have finished by SM120, giving us at least 20 post league episodes.
I honestly feel like the last ~10 episodes will be post league. I say this because I think either a Skull, Mohn, or Meltan (or some combination of the 3) arc is going to take place in between Poni & the League

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I have noted that they added Dia and Zeraora in the episode they appeared, replacing Eevee and Mantine scene, and after SM101 they replaced the scene with Misty and Brock.

I wouldn't read into it all that much. Those scenes were added as filler to replace the scene with Nagisa running towards the group because it would've been outdated due it having its original hairstyle.

I guess they wanted to wait until an actual plot relevant episode (aka Poni Island arc) started before they teased the League.

Red and Blue

I honestly feel like the last ~10 episodes will be post league. I say this because I think either a Skull, Mohn, or Meltan (or some combination of the 3) arc is going to take place in between Poni & the League
There is also Rainbow Rocket, which I guess could be tied with Guzma and Skull.

Depending on that, how long the league will be, the rest of Poni, two remaining UBs, and the filler episodes sprinkled in between I'm not sure if there will be ten episodes before the start of Gen 8.

Honestly I'm more concerned if one more year is enough to cover all of the remaining plotlines

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
There is also Rainbow Rocket, which I guess could be tied with Guzma and Skull.

Depending on that, how long the league will be, the rest of Poni, two remaining UBs, and the filler episodes sprinkled in between I'm not sure if there will be ten episodes before the start of Gen 8.

Honestly I'm more concerned if one more year is enough to cover all of the remaining plotlines
Rainbow Rocket doesn’t have have much of a basis to deem a future plot point unlike the aforementioned plot points

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Guess the question should now be changed to 'do you think the Alolan Pokemon league conference will be upto the mark?'