• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Alternatively, what if something happens to Ash and another trainer has fill in for him? It would explain the minimal Pokemon teams since putting Ash's with one of the others could make a full six. It would also sneakily maintain his top form from Kalos.

I could see them maybe asspulling the '11 years old to enter' mandate from the games (did Kukui ever find out Ash's infamous age?).
I don't think that Ash will not compete in the league.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Speaking of the league, I want them to make another group phase like in Johto with 1vs1 battles (would like 2vs2 more but I think that wouldn't be that likely. If not in SM, then for the next generation.

But this time a group of four please with the two best making it to the K.O phase. Imagine Ash and a main rival like Paul being in one group and Ash loses the fight against said rival, but making it out of the group phase at second place and ultimately winning against him in the final. That also could put Ash under immens pressure if the first fight was a draw and the second against the rival was a loss. It would simply mean Ash could lose a fight without failing the league immidiatly.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Speaking of the league, I want them to make another group phase like in Johto with 1vs1 battles (would like 2vs2 more but I think that wouldn't be that likely. If not in SM, then for the next generation.

But this time a group of four please with the two best making it to the K.O phase. Imagine Ash and a main rival like Paul being in one group and Ash loses the fight against said rival, but making it out of the group phase at second place and ultimately winning against him in the final. That also could put Ash under immens pressure if the first fight was a draw and the second against the rival was a loss. It would simply mean Ash could lose a fight without failing the league immidiatly.

I could see the first round being a Battle Royal battle, since it seems to be quite popular in Alola. 4 trainers battling each other with the winner advancing to the next round.

All leagues to date have had credentials needed to enter them, including the Orange Island league, the way that Kakui is going about this, it doesn't seem to matter if trainers have done anything of value can enter, yes we can expect Z-moves, but who's to say all competitors will have access to them?

A big tournament where seemingly anyone can get in without having done anything is not the right way to go about a league, no matter how badly Kakui wants it to be apart of alola's traditions.

Also, do you seriously think he has the credentials to get the winner into the champion's league?
You do know that every league has it's own champions league right? It's just the league winner challlenging the E4 and the champion.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ash will WIN!!!!

Honestly if he doesn't it is a huge middle finger to him since he is the only one entering with league experience. It would be like Jackie Chan entering a fighting tournament and losing to a jewish deli man who never fought in his life.

Though with the way SM is I would not be shocked if Ash over sleeps and forgets to register for the league...

ShadowForce720

Honestly if he doesn't it is a huge middle finger to him since he is the only one entering with league experience. It would be like Jackie Chan entering a fighting tournament and losing to a jewish deli man who never fought in his life.

Though with the way SM is I would not be shocked if Ash over sleeps and forgets to register for the league...

Did you forget Ilima, not to mention there will probably be some characters of the days that will be participating that already had experience with a being in a league. Look I get that this will be the first Alolan league but that does not mean every trainer that is participating in the league will be a rookie or will be someone who has never been in a league before, chances are besides Ilima and Ash there are going to be other characters that have participate in leagues before.

axelme

the push back of sword and shield helps . before that i would have said no but i think they will. how else can they possibly fill the time now.

as for ash winning..dont count on it. that will probably be held to the end. i guess they could always have ash win then discover a new league and turn down his duties as champion to explore this new league however if they did that then what would be the point of having ash win. not a very good champion to shurk his duties to go explore elsewhere. and how would you justify a champion in one region being able to compete in another region getting badges.

no, being a champion doesnt fit ash . if ash was a champion he'd have to be upgraded to this unflawed and unbeatable trainer which wouldnt work with the series at all.

sorry for that rant. but, as i said, yes, i believe there will be a league. i wouldnt mind seeing all the kids compete. they could stick around for a round or 2.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Did you forget Ilima, not to mention there will probably be some characters of the days that will be participating that already had experience with a being in a league. Look I get that this will be the first Alolan league but that does not mean every trainer that is participating in the league will be a rookie or will be someone who has never been in a league before, chances are besides Ilima and Ash there are going to be other characters that have participate in leagues before.

Was it stayed he even knows about it or if he is even returning? We have had people in the anime say they would return but never do.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It was ALWAYS late 2019.

Going by recent games release date hoenn remake was launched in 2014 nov, SM in nov 2016, USUM in 2017 nov and LGPE in 2018 nov so going by this trend SS should be launched in nov of 2019 so i think they have around 25-26 episodes left not counting today's one.

ShadowForce720

Was it stayed he even knows about it or if he is even returning? We have had people in the anime say they would return but never do.

He was specifically invited by Kukui to participate in the Alolan League which he did accept, the writers wouldn't have gone out of their way to show Kukui inviting him to join the league and him accepting the invitation if Ilima wasn't going to return for the league.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
He was specifically invited by Kukui to participate in the Alolan League which he did accept, the writers wouldn't have gone out of their way to show Kukui inviting him to join the league and him accepting the invitation if Ilima wasn't going to return for the league.

Honestly I've skipped a lot of SM. Much more than previous series just due to how boring most of it seems so must have missed this but it is good to know.

JLK2707

Good point!:)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'd say league will be Top 16 or Top 32. Not many people will enter the league( like traditional level league). Ash, Gladion, Ilima, Kiawe and Hau will likely be participants. I'd say only final battle would be 6 on 6. Winner would challenge Kukui.I'd say Ash will win( beat Gladion in finale) challenge Kukui but will lose. I know Kukui's Braviary was one shot by Mega Aggron, but that was due comical effects. He'd likely be really strong. I'd say Kukui would be stronger than Drake(OI) but weaker than E4.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Top 128 trainers participating maybe. After all is the 1st Alola league. The first round could be a Battle Royale battle, where 1 of the 4 advances to the next round, Top 32.
Top 32 Kiawe vs Viren, since he wants to be part of every important thing in Alola. Ash vs Mina, if she returns.
Top 16 Ash vs Acerola, although I want Acerola to be the dream crusher.
Top 8 Ash vs Kiawe, Gladion vs Ilima maybe, Kukui vs Kahili/Guzma.
Top 4 Ash vs Gladion, Kukui vs Kahili/Guzma.
Finals Ash vs Kukui.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
We need more characters like:

No overused Pokémon, no psuedo-legendaries, no friends or expected rivals, just pure class battle. #MakeAlolaGreatAgain, although I'm preparing for disappointment.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
We need more characters like:

No overused Pokémon, no psuedo-legendaries, no friends or expected rivals, just pure class battle. #MakeAlolaGreatAgain, although I'm preparing for disappointment.

I thought her battle with ash is probably most forgotten battle in whole anime, easily the best league opponent to date.